Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship Qualifying Rnd 1 (April 6th-9

Postby Dan-cat

hendry_fan wrote:COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!,................................................

Ross Muir
Graeme Dott
Scott Donaldson
Alan McManus
Michael Leslie
Anthony McGill
Rhys Clark
Eden Sharav
Dylan Craig
Fraser Patrick
Jamie Burnett

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Where are all these players from HF? Yorkshire? :P

Postby SnookerFan

Schadenfreude wrote:On Yee looks a poor player.

Problem with the women's game is that it has no depth. So when the most successful players in it try to compete against men, that fall short because they've not had consistently hard enough competition to get good.

It's a shame, because there's no reason to suggest men and women shouldn't be able to compete on even grounds in a sport like snooker.

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!,................................................

Ross Muir
Graeme Dott
Scott Donaldson
Alan McManus
Michael Leslie
Anthony McGill
Rhys Clark
Eden Sharav
Dylan Craig
Fraser Patrick
Jamie Burnett

Where are all these players from HF? Yorkshire? :P

The only thing i know from Yorkshire,is Yorkshire pudding.

All these players are from the greatest country in the world,

They,re all fae Bonnie Scotland. :happy:

I,ll add Jimmy White to that list though,i know,he aint Scottish,but he,s one o the few nice Englishmen there are that are still around + i like his style of play. :-D

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN JIMMY!.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:Remember that time Steve Davis said that women were rubbish? <doh>

He didn't say that. You've taken him out of context. Damn media misinformation!!!

The point he made is that not many women want to spend their teenage years down a dingy snooker hall, which is what it takes to get good. It take a special kind of anorak to do that

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Jimmy White is laying the smack down.

Saying that, the second frame has suddenly become competitive.

Slight Breeze makes it 2 nil!

I wonder if he'll be 7 - 1 up after the first session, and then go down the pub to celebrate

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Remember that time Steve Davis said that women were rubbish? <doh>

He didn't say that. You've taken him out of context. Damn media misinformation!!!

The point he made is that not many women want to spend their teenage years down a dingy snooker hall, which is what it takes to get good. It take a special kind of anorak to do that

Yeah, I was kind of being facetious. The media turned it into a bit of a Steve Davis disses women.

But I think he had a point, in a way. When I was a kid, I was always being brought footballs and even had a toy snooker table. (A small, not even half size one. ) I hated sport as a kid, never liked doing it.

I think boys are encouraged into these things younger than girls, girls come into it as they get older because they want to. That's a disadvantage, because the most successful snooker players are practically born with cues in their hands these days.

Postby kolompar

SnookerFan wrote:
Schadenfreude wrote:On Yee looks a poor player.

Problem with the women's game is that it has no depth. So when the most successful players in it try to compete against men, that fall short because they've not had consistently hard enough competition to get good.

No.

Women have every chance to become good. They can practice with anyone. They can play in anything. There are no men only tournaments. But there are women only tournaments. The women's tour is just a bonus, you can't say it holds them back.

Postby SnookerFan

When I was at the Welsh Open one year, I went to get Jimmy Whites autograph, and my ticket fell out my little autograph book. Jimmy went to pick it up for me, but then tried to give it to some bird who just happened to be walking past.

I eventually convinced him it was mine, but he looked at me a bit suspiciously.

Postby Andy Spark

Dan-cat wrote:

Steve shouldn't have said that. Suggesting that only oddballs want to spend their teenage years practicing snooker is not promoting the game. Many snooker clubs are very nice, it's a lovely way to spend your formative years. Certainly much better than those awful loud nightclubs.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Slight Breeze makes it 2 nil!

I wonder if he'll be 7 - 1 up after the first session, and then go down the pub to celebrate

It wouldn't surprise me. rofl

He nearly lost the World amateur final because he did just that!!!