Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship Qualifying Rnd 1 (April 6th-9

Postby PoolBoy

kolompar wrote:Disappointing Davis loses 10-4, thought he has a chance against O'Brien.
Drago also lost, but he made it close, 10-7 to Burden.

I didn't think Davis stood any chance against a player of Fergal's calibre. Not nowadays.
I mentioned at the time of the draw:
"...I suspect it may end-up with a comfortable win for Fergal, possibly by as much as 10-3...."

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Wild, would you be so kind to give a short summary of the qualifying matches so far (biggest shocks, best matches, performances, ...)? Unfortunately I didn't have the time to follow the events closely.

ive been very busy too

The 3 biggest shocks was Hamza Akbar beating Jamie Jones 10-5, Zhang Yong beating Joe Swail 10-7 and tonight Jamie Clark overcoming the experience Jamie Burnett 10-9.

But there have been a few runaways as well with 20 Matches Finishing 10-3 or worst but to counter that with 7 deciders.

from my point of view and a match i saw at the death the best match was Ben Woollaston losing to Chris Wakelin 10-9

the second round is when the tournament really gets going and players almost sniffing the crucible.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:out of interest has anyone seen Skullman about somewhere? not been seen on here since february

I know he has been very busy with his Uni work, some Exams I think and stuff like that.

Still I would expect him to post every now and then. Maybe he'll come out in force again at the Worlds. I know I will. :-D

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I know he has been very busy with his Uni work, some Exams I think and stuff like that.

Damn part timers.

Yeah we didn't get where we are today by actually working while at university

Damn straight we didn't. :grrr:

:guinness:

Postby Gridlock

SnookerFan wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I know he has been very busy with his Uni work, some Exams I think and stuff like that.

Damn part timers.

Yeah we didn't get where we are today by actually working while at university

Damn straight we didn't. :grrr:

:guinness:

That ain'tyour usual lager s/f! :-)