Post a reply

Re: Ding Junhui Watch Thread

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:Ding 7-1 up let the Ding watch continue.

Imagine he wins the title, and there's only one thread.

Very different scenes from last year.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Ding 7-1 up let the Ding watch continue.

Imagine he wins the title, and there's only one thread.

Very different scenes from last year.

would be outstanding if that happened.

Postby PoolBoy

Well done Ding!
What was all the fuss about?!
To be fair, he's acquitted himself very well during those qualifiers. Good for his confidence, going-in to the Crucible.
The draw is at 10am tomorrow morning - I wonder who his preferred opponent is?!

Postby TheSaviour

Great he´s there! Let´s hope the best but fear the worst like always with Junhui tbh....

I would always much rather promote other people great ideas than bringing in my own.

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:Great he´s there! Let´s hope the best but fear the worst like always with Junhui tbh....

I would always much rather promote other people great ideas than bringing in my own.

Can you give us more information on whose ideas you think that you have promoted?

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:I don't want to be watching Ding play Ricky

Fair weather fan.

:snowman: :xmas: (Those are some smileys to indicate what the weather looks like when it's not fair.)

Postby PoolBoy

SnookerFan wrote:Ding got Gould.

When is that match being played, anyone?

It's on Wednesday (20th) - completed on the same day. (morning and evening sessions).

Postby SnookerFan

PoolBoy wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Ding got Gould.

When is that match being played, anyone?

It's on Wednesday (20th) - completed on the same day. (morning and evening sessions).

:hatoff:

Postby Holden Chinaski

Skullman wrote:How far can he go?

If he finds his A game he can win the title. I still believe that. He needs to improve his long potting most of all.

Postby TheRocket

There's a chance he keeps improving from round to round which many former World Champs did in the past. And as a few said. If Trump really loses tomorrow, I don't see a reason why Ding shouldn't be capable of reaching the final with the draw in front of him. And he doesn't even need to play his very best to do that maybe.
Last edited by TheRocket on 20 Apr 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cue Guru

TheRocket wrote:

There's a chance he keeps improving from round to round which many former World Champs did in the past. And as a few said. If Trump really loses tomorrow, I don't see a reason why Ding shouldn't be capable of reaching the final with the draw in front of him. And he doesn't even need to play his very best to do that maybe.

Hmmm, Liang won't be easy to get past.

Wenbo leads 4-1 in matches, the last in 2014. Ding's only victory against him was in 2009, though that was at the Worlds and the only long format match they've played.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Ding seems very confident. Said in his interview that he only practiced about half an hour a day before the Worlds, because he's feeling very good mentally and he believes that he's playing well.

Interesting stuff.

Postby vodkadiet

World Snooker headline:

'Ding ends Gould run'.

Congratulations on Martin Gould for reaching the first round.