Post a reply

Re: World Championships 2016

Postby kruppy

SnookerFan wrote:Tickets for 2017 go on sale on the last day of the final again.

Hmmm, wasn't it the day after the final?

Postby SnookerFan

kruppy wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Tickets for 2017 go on sale on the last day of the final again.

Hmmm, wasn't it the day after the final?

I'm pretty sure it was the last day of the final. The tournament hadn't finished before next year was on sale.

Postby GJ

My tip is Mark allen

Outsider Kyren Wilson

Postby SnookerFan

This year's Crucible adventure is soon to be on me.

Somehow I aint feeling my Sheffield trip that much at the moment.

I kind of felt that way some years before, a bit. After going to the Masters in January, and Welsh Open in February I was beginning to get a bit live snookered out. (Especially in the years I used to go to the UK, as well.) Saying that, last year's trip was my favourite ever Crucible visit. I saw blinding matches, and had a great time in the hotel bar. It just all came together somehow.

It all feels a bit new this year, mind. And I'm a bit OCD when it comes to change. I cut down on my matches, so I'd see six sessions rather then 8. Also, this half-match situation a bit iffy. I've tried a new hotel this time, as the one I usually go to was cutting back on it's services. They suddenly stopped serving evening meals, the hotel bars stopped selling pints, so I had to stick to bottles of Budweiser, the breakfast buffet no longer existed, so I couldn't just help myself.

Bottom line I'm in a new hotel, seeing half matches instead several sessions rather than full matches. It's all a bit unusual to me.

Maybe I'll like it better. Maybe people will actual start caring what I think it'll be. Which Sheffield sportsmen will I wake up with a poster of this year? Who is that guy that won the golf? Maybe him.

All these questions, and more you didn't ask, to be answered soon......

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:You think too much my good friend. You're going on a Snooker fan's dream snooker holiday!!

As soon as you walk into that arena you'll be double happy!!!

You're probably right.

Come Friday night, I'll be having a pint, talking about snooker to those around me. :D

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
boris_the_butcher wrote:
GJ wrote:My tip is Mark allen

Outsider Kyren Wilson

you've tipped robbo every year for the last 8 years or so, i guess you're changing tactic.

Nah, I think our boy is growing up.

GJ believes in jinxing. He's trying to jinx a player who is not Robertson.

Postby GJ

I have bet on Allen and Wilson hence their my tips to win it , no jinxing at all.

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:I have bet on Allen and Wilson hence their my tips to win it , no jinxing at all.

You've jinxed them, Jinxy.

Postby Ronnie79

Bingham had to play two QF sessions on the trott last year. The final session of the SF on the sat eve which he won 17-16 and then won a tight final so it can be done.

Postby SnookerFan

Ronnie79 wrote:Bingham had to play two QF sessions on the trott last year. The final session of the SF on the sat eve which he won 17-16 and then won a tight final so it can be done.

Oh yeah? I remember that now.