Post a reply

Crucible tickets 2016

Postby Andre147

Here it is, the sheet with the ticket prices for next year.

Tickets will start selling this morning at 9 a.m.

Who's going to book theirs? I'd love to but don't think I can next year. Maybe in 2017 if everything goes well.

Re: Crucible tickets 2016

Postby SnookerFan

Well, on 17th April I would've told you with confidence that I'd give it a miss next year. But I really enjoyed it this year. I saw some good matches, and it was one of my favourite Crucible visits. I even thought about visiting Pond's Forge and not The Crucible.

I'm wavering. I've woken up early, and might do some shopping.

Postby Alex0paul

No wonder prize money is going up

Postby SnookerFan

Didn't do it, bottled it.

Usually I get tickets as soon as available. This year, I aint.

As of this second, I am not going to The Crucible next year.

Postby boris_the_butcher

Been to the crucible only once, ticket prices are too high and from my experience, watching snooker on TV is better as you can actually see what's going on.

Postby ScottCorno

boris_the_butcher wrote:Been to the crucible only once, ticket prices are too high and from my experience, watching snooker on TV is better as you can actually see what's going on.

That could be said of any sport.

Have to say I go to the Crucible for the atmosphere!

And it seems they really are on the ball getting 2016 tickets out, got mine in the post this morning :D

Postby SnookerFan

ScottCorno wrote:
boris_the_butcher wrote:Been to the crucible only once, ticket prices are too high and from my experience, watching snooker on TV is better as you can actually see what's going on.

That could be said of any sport.

Have to say I go to the Crucible for the atmosphere!

And it seems they really are on the ball getting 2016 tickets out, got mine in the post this morning :D

I've changed my mind slightly.

Booked a tickets to the Stuart Bingham game next year. (The World Champions title defence.) So seeing two sessions.

However, that's significantly less than I usually watch, so with the spare money plan to make another trip a week or so earlier, and watch some qualifiers at Pond's Forge.

Postby kruppy

I accidentally bought two tickets for the 10 am session on Wednesday 27th April, table 2 section E. I'd be interested to exchange that ticket for any ticket on Thursday 28th April. I could spice the deal by adding a beer or two, or some other compensation as agreed.

Postby SnookerFan

Look at me dithering last year. rofl

Seeing two sessions a day, rather than my usual three. It means I'll be a bit bored Saturday afternoon, but can probably watch the game on the big screen outside, or something.

Sunday and Monday evenings are free for a drink back at the hotel though.

Postby ScottCorno

Thought I'd randomly see what tickets are still available, seems they've released a load of row C/D seats for three sessions.. so thought I'd share :)

Thu 28th Apr SF - 1300
Thu 28th Apr SF - 1900

Fri 29th Apr SF - 1430

https://www.cruciblesnooker.com/

Postby kruppy

ScottCorno, I cannot thank you enough for pointing this out!!! Thanks to you I was able to get tickets for the one day I was missing during my stay in Sheffield. I was able to get the second last ticket for Thursday night!

I now still have an extra ticket for Wednesday 27th April 10 am, table 2. That would be O'Sullivan's quarterfinal if he advances. I would be willing to sell it on site at a more reasonable price than the current viagogo offering, which is a staggering 120 pounds.

Postby ScottCorno

kruppy wrote:ScottCorno, I cannot thank you enough for pointing this out!!! Thanks to you I was able to get tickets for the one day I was missing during my stay in Sheffield. I was able to get the second last ticket for Thursday night!.

:-) Happy it helped!

Experience has taught me to check back at least daily in the run up to the tournament... they tend to release batches of tickets across a range of sessions.

Postby SnookerFan

They are doing the old starting the final at 2pm and 7pm again. Really should be 1pm and 7pm.

Give me time to nip to the pub for a Sunday Roast first though.

Postby kruppy

Ok, a final attempt here: one ticket for Wednesday 27 April 10 am table 2 on sale. This session will feature the conclusion of QF4. The seat is on row E. Face price is £33, I sell at £40. (Current viagogo price is £60.)

Postby ScottCorno

kruppy wrote:Ok, a final attempt here: one ticket for Wednesday 27 April 10 am table 2 on sale. This session will feature the conclusion of QF4. The seat is on row E. Face price is £33, I sell at £40. (Current viagogo price is £60.)

Have you tried posting on Twickets... or a post on Twitter, if you get no takers on here?