Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship Final: Ding Junhui v Mark Sel

Postby Sickpotter

hendry_fan wrote:A belated verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry well done to Mark on becoming the snooker world champion 2016 and in becomin it for the 2nd time.

I unfortunatley did,nt see the whole of the last session,but i,ll catch up with it on youtube over the next few days.

He did,nt half step up when it really counted,finished off the match in style.

It won,t be much of a consolation,but congrats to Ding on gettin as far as the final.

He really lost it already after the first session,losing the first 6 frames was a maaaaassive body blow,he recovered extremly well and managed to reduce the deficit to only 1 at one point,only to have to take another good few blows which lead to a 14-18 loss in the end.

Oh,i amost forgot,he did,nt manage to beat Hendrys century record. :happy:

Before the final,i was very nervous that he would either equal or beat it,as he was on 12,but luckily he <only> managed to knock in 3 more,funnily enough,all of them being exactly *103*.

His crackin barrage of centurys now puts him in second place on the all time list.

http://cuetracker.net/Statistics/Centur ... r/Crucible

1)Hendry=16
2)Ding=15
3)Higgins=14.

:win: :clap: MARK SELBY!. :clap: :win:

I'm curious, how many of Ding's tons came in qualifying rounds?

Pretty sure Hendry didn't play qualifiers when he set his 16 record but I could be mistaken.

Postby Wildey

Sickpotter wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:A belated verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry well done to Mark on becoming the snooker world champion 2016 and in becomin it for the 2nd time.

I unfortunatley did,nt see the whole of the last session,but i,ll catch up with it on youtube over the next few days.

He did,nt half step up when it really counted,finished off the match in style.

It won,t be much of a consolation,but congrats to Ding on gettin as far as the final.

He really lost it already after the first session,losing the first 6 frames was a maaaaassive body blow,he recovered extremly well and managed to reduce the deficit to only 1 at one point,only to have to take another good few blows which lead to a 14-18 loss in the end.

Oh,i amost forgot,he did,nt manage to beat Hendrys century record. :happy:

Before the final,i was very nervous that he would either equal or beat it,as he was on 12,but luckily he <only> managed to knock in 3 more,funnily enough,all of them being exactly *103*.

His crackin barrage of centurys now puts him in second place on the all time list.

http://cuetracker.net/Statistics/Centur ... r/Crucible

1)Hendry=16
2)Ding=15
3)Higgins=14.

:win: :clap: MARK SELBY!. :clap: :win:

I'm curious, how many of Ding's tons came in qualifying rounds?

Pretty sure Hendry didn't play qualifiers when he set his 16 record but I could be mistaken.

The 15 was crucible centuries only with qualifying Ding made 18

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:Can't see Robertson winning again. He will be 35 at next years Championship

Ronnie will be 41

Hearn Better start issuing

i think its clear to see apart from Trump and Kyren Wilson we wont have players under 30 in a position to challenge for trophies any time soon.

Postby GJ

Every winner since 2007 has been over 30 so I think it would be foolish to write off robbo.

He did win 2 of the biggest events pre Christmas so that shows he's still capable.

Postby Muppet147

GJ wrote:Every winner since 2007 has been over 30 so I think it would be foolish to write off robbo.

He did win 2 of the biggest events pre Christmas so that shows he's still capable.

Yes, Selby got an easy draw this year so I suppose there must be hope for Robbo to repeat his fortunate win.

Mind you, there are some tough guys out there - like Holty and Milky.

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:Every winner since 2007 has been over 30 so I think it would be foolish to write off robbo.

But let be honest there are a lot of Fools posting on here

Postby Clara8633

I think Robertson is more likely to win a 2nd world title than Ding is to win his first.

Postby Muppet147

Clara8633 wrote:

I think Robertson is more likely to win a 2nd world title than Ding is to win his first.

If he can just get through to the second round...

Postby Clara8633

Muppet147 wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:

If he can just get through to the second round...

After seeing Bingham become World Champion, you should learn to expect the unexpected :wave:

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:Where's Dan-Cat? Not seen him all day.

I was in the Nevada desert, about an hour from Vegas at a music and technology festival called Further Future: https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... ic-schmidt

I did manage to watch a few frames of the third session on the Livesport stream, but that's all. I will catch up with all of it over the next few days :)

Postby chengdufan

phenomena (plural noun)
1. a fact or situation that is observed to exist or happen, especially one whose cause or explanation is in question:
"glaciers are unique and interesting natural phenomena"

Postby Womble

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Roland wrote:Mark Selby is a phenomenal snooker player

You are a cockwomble.

Someone resurrects an almost seven year old thread just to call someone a cockwomble. That's very flattering for me. :D

Postby RunningSide

Womble wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

You are a cockwomble.

Someone resurrects an almost seven year old thread just to call someone a cockwomble. That's very flattering for me. :D

It's usually expected for new Islanders to give some information about themselves, snooker interest,private life ect,this my give other options to cockwomble, thanks.

Postby SnookerFan

RunningSide wrote:
Womble wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

You are a cockwomble.

It's usually expected for new Islanders to give some information about themselves, snooker interest,private life ect,this my give other options to cockwomble, thanks.

How personal are you wanting the information to be?

"I currently got diagnosed with an STD."

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
RunningSide wrote:
Womble wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

You are a cockwomble.

Sorry to hear, SF :sad:

Hope you’re out & about soon <ok>

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
RunningSide wrote:
Womble wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

You are a cockwomble.

That's what happens when you hang out with Dominic Dale.

Postby RunningSide

SnookerFan wrote:
RunningSide wrote:
Womble wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

You are a cockwomble.

Thought STD ment straight through dialing.

Postby chengdufan

RunningSide wrote:
chengdufan wrote:Womble isn't new though, is he. I think we all recognise the writing style

Not everyone, Giss a clue.

He seems especially interested in Yan Bingtao's suspension, almost as if he used to be a fan of Yan.

Postby Holden Chinaski

chengdufan wrote:
RunningSide wrote:
chengdufan wrote:Womble isn't new though, is he. I think we all recognise the writing style

He seems especially interested in Yan Bingtao's suspension, almost as if he used to be a fan of Yan.

:shock:

Postby RunningSide

chengdufan wrote:
RunningSide wrote:

Aarrh,think a little light just came on,thanks chengdufan, never liked Pinkball.