Post a reply

Re: Baic Motor China Open Finals !!!!

Postby Cheshire Cat

Ooooooooh, looking like 5-3 to Trump. Scrappy session.

Ricky hangs in there and 5-3 means nothing if he gets off to a good start in the 2nd, but Trump has thrived on front-running all week and will only get stronger the further ahead he goes.

Postby hendry_fan

I did,nt see any of the match so far,but i just saw the scoreing and saw that Walden was 3-1 in front.

Good stuff from Judd to comeback and to go on to take a 5-3 lead.

Like MDG wrote,Walden was ahead in the PTC final just last week as well,but he then suddenly started to crumble and ended up losing,he lead 3-1 there as well.

Losing 2 finals on the trot in such a short space of time,especially after leading in both would be a real blow to "The walnut".

In fact,if he ends up losing this,that,d be his 3rd consecutive loss in a final. :dizzy:

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:The Walnut - ha!

SF - a game is the same as a frame. Most snooker players and pundits use the word frame and game interchangeably. When I first started playing in Yorkshire it was always 'best of 3 games'

I actually did,nt know that Waldens nickname was that,i only found out just know,I read it on his encyclopedia.

He in fact has 2 nicks,The Stamina Man and The Walnut. :-)

Postby hendry_fan

The onslaught continues.

8-3 now to Judd.

If Judd loses this,he,ll probably hang up his cue and go into retirement.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Buck me. ROS played a similar green to the middle against Selby in the frame to beat Selby at the Welsh, but Judd plays it infinitely better. The action on that cue ball was ridiculous.

Postby acesinc

Dan-cat wrote:The Walnut - ha!

SF - a game is the same as a frame. Most snooker players and pundits use the word frame and game interchangeably. When I first started playing in Yorkshire it was always 'best of 3 games'

Hi, Dan. Actually, I think that is a Yorkshire thing because I learned it the same way as you and of course, Joe Johnson is a Yorkshireman himself. In fact though I came to learn later that "game" is specifically defined in the rules and it is not meant to mean the same as "frame". "Game" by definition is more of a synonym of "match"....
(from the rules, Section 2:)

"2. Game
A game is an agreed or stipulated number of frames."

The way I think of it is that you go down to pub to have a "game" of snooker with your mate or mates, informal. A professional, on the other hand (but really the same thing) will have to win a "match" to advance in the tournament, formal.

Myself, I wish the commentators wouldn't dumb down the "top of the table" and "bottom of the table" for television viewing. Back in the day, Clive (and Ted Lowe of course) always used to refer to table positions properly, but the modern guys call it like it looks on the tv screen....a red on the Black cushion is now said to be "below the Black" when clearly by proper semantics, that red is actually "above the Black". Drives me nuts...
Last edited by acesinc on 03 Apr 2016, edited 2 times in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:Buck me. ROS played a similar green to the middle against Selby in the frame to beat Selby at the Welsh, but Judd plays it infinitely better. The action on that cue ball was ridiculous.

Remember that pink he played once?