Post a reply

Re: Baic Motor China Open Semi Finals !!!!

Postby Andy Spark

PoolBoy wrote:I've just noticed that on a poster's profile, there's a stat showing what topic they've posted most on.
I'm utterly ashamed that mine is Championship League 2016!! <laugh>

I wouldn't be too concerned, leagues tend to be fairer. In some ways they are better events than ranking tournaments because in a ranker if you lose one match you get knocked out. And snooker does have a problem at the moment with the proportion of luck Vs skill deciding the outcome; nowhere near as bad as poker, but if you want to know just how bad things can get, look at poker.

Postby Wildey

Andy Spark wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:I've just noticed that on a poster's profile, there's a stat showing what topic they've posted most on.

I wouldn't be too concerned, leagues tend to be fairer. In some ways they are better events than ranking tournaments because in a ranker if you lose one match you get knocked out. And snooker does have a problem at the moment with the proportion of luck Vs skill deciding the outcome; nowhere near as bad as poker, but if you want to know just how bad things can get, look at poker.

for buck sakes <doh> <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

"Oooh look everyone. I can see Ronnie." :lol:

Postby SnookerFan

Andy Spark wrote:

Isn't the point of poker that there's a certain amount of luck involved?