Post a reply

Re: Baic Motor China Open Quarter Finals !!!!

Postby hendry_fan

What a clearence that would of been from Mags to pinch the 2nd frame by 1 point,he unfortunatley misses a longish tough pink and then leaves it as an easy pot to the middle for Burden. :irk:

Postby Cheshire Cat

Mags blows a frame stealing chance. He misses the pink which would have given him 48 and the final black 55, which would have taken the frame from Alfie who'd made 54.

Postby SnookerFan

hendry_fan wrote:What a clearence that would of been from Mags to pinch the 2nd frame by 1 point,he unfortunatley misses a longish tough pink and then leaves it as an easy pot to the middle for Burden. :irk:

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:What a clearence that would of been from Mags to pinch the 2nd frame by 1 point,he unfortunatley misses a longish tough pink and then leaves it as an easy pot to the middle for Burden. :irk:

<laugh>

和平 <ok> Yeah,PEACE my freind,PEACE!. <ok> 和平

Postby Cheshire Cat

I got goosebumps last night when the Mavericks had an interview bit with Hendry talking about Alex Higgins, and Hendry said how he was and still is extremely disappointed how few snooker players showed up for Alex's funeral. Respect.:hatoff:

Postby hendry_fan

Cheshire Cat wrote:I got goosebumps last night when the Mavericks had an interview bit with Hendry talking about Alex Higgins, and Hendry said how he was and still is extremely disappointed how few snooker players showed up for Alex's funeral. Respect.:hatoff:

I missed it,but i,ll catch up with it over the next few days.

The world is full of me,me me,s,buckin EGOS!. :td:

Crackin 88 break gives Mags a 3-1 lead goin into the MSI. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:I got goosebumps last night when the Mavericks had an interview bit with Hendry talking about Alex Higgins, and Hendry said how he was and still is extremely disappointed how few snooker players showed up for Alex's funeral. Respect.:hatoff:

To be fair, he did threaten to have a lot of them killed. rofl

Was that good? I haven't watched it yet?

Postby hendry_fan

What a crackin pink to the middle from Mags!,a bit similar to the black Woollaston potted to the middle against Ding at the Grand Prix,Mags potted the pink to the opposite middle bag though and he was hampered by the white. <ok>

Postby Cheshire Cat

Bwahahahaha.

It was decent, but it's something that if you're a snooker follower, you've probably seen/heard it a million times already. I think the only 'new' bits were the interviews with Hearn, Davis, Hendry and one or two with john Higgins and Alan McManus.

Postby hendry_fan

Mags pots a good red but fails to get decent position,takes on a long green but misses by a fraction,leaves a easy opener for Burden.

Postby PoolBoy

Ding is on the brink!
Incredibly, if Maguire goes on to win the tournament, he'll end-up as no.11 seed!
To be honest, I didn't see him 'producing' this week, and felt he was almost subconsciously resigned to being in the qualifiers - so credit where it's due - it looks like he's made the Crucible from the last-chance-saloon!

Postby SnookerFan

I cut down on Crucible tickets this year.

Here's what's going to happen. I'll end up watching a top-16er play Ding on a TV screen in Sheffield somewhere, and he'll be playing on the table I normally get a ticket too. :wild:

Postby hendry_fan

YIIiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEE!,Mags wraps it up with a 44.

He showed not emotion at all,no fist pump,no knuckle bang,no "COMMMMMMME ONNNNNNNNNNNNN",no handstand. :-D

He struggled a bit with position,but on the whole was pretty solid throughout the match.

Burden really struggled today.

:happy: :party: GET IN THERE MAGS!. :-D :party:

Postby eraserhead

:sad: Ding :sad:

I'm happy for Maguire because I could see him never coming back if he didn't qualify. Hopefully Ding will continue to show some of the form he has lately.

I hope Mags goes on to win this now he's a great player and would like to see him winning again.

Postby Vallomas

Selby's withdrawal proved to be Maguire's salvation.

I doubt that Mags would have reached the semifinals if Selby was there. The draw became more than easy for the Scot, but he had to win the matches, anyway.

It's such a strange feeling that we are going to see Ding next week on the World's qualifiers...

Postby Cheshire Cat

In the Trump match earlier, Eurosport comms were making it sound like Ding is going to take the Crucible by storm because he'll be 'battle-hardened' by coming through 3 qualifiers.

There was no 'ifs', no 'buts', no talk of him not qualifying; Ding /would/ qualify and he /would/ be tough for any seed to beat. Last time I checked, World qualies were a tough place.

Postby PoolBoy

As mentioned, Ding Junhui will have to win 3 rounds of qualifiers now, to make the Crucible.
Certainly no formality...but, I expect him to do it!
I believe the draw is on Monday, with the matches starting (for some) on Wednesday. Ding will have to head back to the UK soon then, to get his body-clock adjusted again.
It would be strange if he wasn't at the World's. Hope he makes it.

Postby PoolBoy

Muppet147 wrote:Don't understand the big deal about Maguire being a seed at Sheffield. He will still lose in the first round as usual.

I don't think it was quite so much the interest in Maguire making the seedings, but more that in-doing-so he would 'relegate Ding into the qualifying competition - a player who won 5 rankers just two seasons ago.

But I agree, Maguire's Sheffield record is littered with first-round exits.
6 times he's fallen at the first hurdle in his 12 appearances...including 4 of the last 5 times he's been at the Crucible!