Post a reply

Re: Baic Motor China Open Quarter Finals !!!!

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Remember the predictions of there being eight Chinese players in the top 16 by 2014. It's 2016 and heading into the World Championship there are no Chinese players in the top 16. Unless Hong Kong counts.

Postby Andy Spark

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Remember the predictions of there being eight Chinese players in the top 16 by 2014. It's 2016 and heading into the World Championship there are no Chinese players in the top 16. Unless Hong Kong counts.

Remember Barry Hearn saying his top priority was to really globalise snooker. rofl

Postby hendry_fan

Comments from Mags,.....

“I’m just over the moon, I don’t think I have felt pressure like that before,” said 35-year-old Maguire after reaching his first ranking event semi-final in nine months. “All day I have been feeling it because it was such a big match.”

Maguire has beaten four players ranked outside the top 32 to reach the semis but rejected a suggestion that he’d had a fortunate draw.

“That hasn’t even crossed my mind and it wouldn’t be fair on the players who I’ve played because they are all there on merit,” he said. “It wasn’t an easy draw. In my first match I used a new cue, which I’d only picked up last Tuesday, so I wasn’t thinking about who I was playing. It’s just amazing that I’ve reached the semi-finals. I can relax tomorrow, the tournament starts again for me now. If I lose I will still have had a great week.”

Today is Ding’s 29th birthday and Maguire joked,.........

“I don’t think I’ll be his best friend right now. I knew coming into the match it was me or him. To have to win three matches to get to the Crucible is very tough and he has got the short straw. It will be a shame for the World Championship if he doesn’t make it. Those three matches will be tough and it’s by no means certain that he will qualify.”

Postby Gridlock

SnookerFan wrote:I'm having a can of Budweiser.

Is that the same Budweiser as in the states or is brewed over there or is it Budweiser Budvar?

Postby Gridlock

Gridlock wrote:

Is that the same Budweiser as in the states or is brewed over there or is it Budweiser Budvar?

Cmon sf! Which is it? Won't be able to sleep til I know! :-)

Postby SnookerFan

Gridlock wrote:

The US one, I'm kind of white trash. rofl

Not had any of that Budwar in forever. Might get some in at some point. I think you can get it in bottles at the Supermarket.

Postby Gridlock

SnookerFan wrote:
Gridlock wrote:

The US one, I'm kind of white trash. rofl

Not had any of that Budwar in forever. Might get some in at some point. I think you can get it in bottles at the Supermarket.

I use to drink bud in high school.

Postby SnookerFan

kolompar wrote:Dammit Maguire, it's Ding's birthday today :td: >-(

Remember that year the Eurosport commentators kept acting like it was Ding's destiny to be China Open Champion, because it was his birthday?

I think he lost to Ebdon.

Postby SnookerFan

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Remember the predictions of there being eight Chinese players in the top 16 by 2014. It's 2016 and heading into the World Championship there are no Chinese players in the top 16. Unless Hong Kong counts.

Yeah, that's never really happened is it?

The Chinese lads seem to be all out attack, in my opinion. Which is fine when it works. Ding has improved the tactical areas of his game. Maybe the others need to consider this?