Post a reply

Re: Baic Motor China Open Last 128, Wild Card Round and Last

Postby Cheshire Cat

I'd rather have Ding or Wilson over Maguire tbqh. Anyone who's followed him this season will have seen how terrible he has been / continued to get and I don't see him challenging for the Worlds at all.

Postby Gridlock

SnookerFan wrote:
Gridlock wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:This match is going to be rubbish. I might go to the pub.

You no work today?

Easter Monday is a public holiday in the UK.

Thanks for the explanation! I kinda wondered :-)

Postby motorhead

eraserhead wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

Joe Swail ‏@joeswail

Just seen a re-rack with just the pink and black left...surely never seen that before...#ChinaOpen

Wish there was a video on youtube <laugh>

The match was Wakelin-Selt btw
Last edited by motorhead on 28 Mar 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

PoolBoy wrote:That's an absolute shocker for Ding! He's going to have an anxious wait to see if he can hang-on to that 16th spot in the Crucible seedings!
I bet the likes of Stephen Maguire and Kyren Wilson are 'smelling blood'!

they will have to reach the semis though and the pressure will be mounting round by round so i reckon Ding is safe.

Postby Wildey

motorhead wrote:
eraserhead wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

Joe Swail ‏@joeswail

Just seen a re-rack with just the pink and black left...surely never seen that before...#ChinaOpen

Wish there was a video on youtube <laugh>

The match was Wakelin-Selt btw

a re rack with just pink and black does not make any sense what so ever id go as far as to say thats impossible.

Postby eraserhead

Wildey wrote:a re rack with just pink and black does not make any sense what so ever id go as far as to say thats impossible.

Swail followed up with this:

"Black was on the knuckle of the pocket and the pink was getting tampered into it but the black wouldnt budge at all"

Postby hendry_fan

snooky147 wrote:Graeme played well enough. I can't contribute much to this forum because of what seems to be arthritis in my hand. Took ages to post this.

Sorry to read that Snooky!,hope it gets better,my grans had that for years,but she,s still going,she,ll be 96 in October.

Postby GJ

Bad result for robbo but 2 tons and an 80 show me hes finding some form and isn't far away from clicking come Sheffield.

Hope Kyren has a strong week but think the winner will be Trump or Higgins

Postby hendry_fan

Any chance of gettin this bumped up to the HOT TOPICS!. :chin:

And just as some of us think Dings gettin back on track,he gets thumped 5-1 by the nr 75,Lee Walker.

I actually saw the last few mins of that match and on second glance i thought,bl**dy ell,he looks like John Haggis,well done to Walker though. <ok>

Very unlike Angles to blow a lead like that,i read he was 4-1 up,but lost 5-4,boy,Dunns havin some run.

Robbo also fails to get past the first hurdle. :dizzy:

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:Bad result for robbo but 2 tons and an 80 show me hes finding some form and isn't far away from clicking come Sheffield.

Hope Kyren has a strong week but think the winner will be Trump or Higgins

2 tons and an 80 only show me he won 3 frames, not the required 5 to win the match. :wave:

Confidence breeds confidence, and although the World Champs is a total diferent ball game, nothing beats a good bit of confidence ahead of the big one.

Robbo should do well there though I think, no matter what happens this week in China, both him and Ronnie are my favourites for the title.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:https://twitter.com/pistol147/status/714447372546359296

Allen having a go at Steve Davis for the Championship comment

Allen his absolutely right, but he got a bit of his own medicine when he said a similar thing back in Aussie Open when Bingo won it.

Now he knows what it feels like.

Postby Wildey

the most impressive thing was Steve Davis having an opinion :shock: he sits so much on the fence his bottom has a barb wire lodged in it

Postby SnookerFan

Allen wants to know what Steve Davis thought?

Mark Allen probably thought the same thing after Bingham proved he had bottle. rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:

Allen his absolutely right, but he got a bit of his own medicine when he said a similar thing back in Aussie Open when Bingo won it.

Now he knows what it feels like.

Beat me to it.

Postby Dan-cat

PoolBoy wrote:Mark King records a 5-2 win over Ali Carter, in the day's first concluded match.
And as Phil Yates would probably say, "the Captain will be on the next flight home!"

Hahaha gotta love Phil Yates' commitment to the dad joke - he rarely misses one

Postby PoolBoy

Kyren Wilson negotiates the first hurdle in his quest to pip Ding to the Crucible seedings! A 5-3 win over Tom Ford, in what could have been a potential banana-skin...indeed, Kyren was 0-2 down, so a good recovery and victory.
Meanwhile, Ryan Day has rallied from 0-2 and 3-4 to edge out Poomjaeng.