Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Final !!!!!

Postby Holden Chinaski

AC or LT? wrote:I'd struggle to call this bastardised version of the once great Welsh Open meaningful. It's a glorified PTC and ronnie got found out as soon as he had to play lonform, he's rubbish at multisession and got lucky in that final. End of

<doh> He's a 5 time world champ <doh>

Postby Muppet147

AC or LT? wrote:I'd struggle to call this bastardised version of the once great Welsh Open meaningful. It's a glorified PTC and ronnie got found out as soon as he had to play lonform, he's rubbish at multisession and got lucky in that final. End of

This would make an excellent discussion topic for your new forum. So buck off back there.

Postby Andy Spark

On head to head between Ronnie O'Sullivan and Stephen Hendry, considering ONLY multi-session matches Ronnie is ahead. Maybe Stephen Hendry is also rubbish at multi-session matches! He just got lucky to win seven World Championships.

Postby PoolBoy

Snooker Overdrive wrote:This win was also helpful for a good Crucible seeding. Ronnie's now back up at no. 4. But of course it's far too earlier for considering scenarios.

It is indeed too early with 3 ranking events to come - but, nevertheless I had a look to see who he'd be playing - as it stands!

1st Round: a qualifier
Last 16: Mark Williams
Quarter-finals: Judd Trump
Semi-final: Mark Selby
Final: Stuart Bingham (or Neil Robertson!)

That's a heck of a draw, but much can and will change between now and Sheffield!

Postby vodkadiet

Skullman wrote:I made chicken madras today.

Murdering innocent beings isn't something to advertise, or be proud of.

Have you no moral code?

Postby vodkadiet

Holden Chinaski wrote:Twitter attack:

Mark Williams MBE
‏@markwil147
I can say i turned pro at the same time as the best player ever, and 27 years on hes still the best in the world. Awesome @ronnieo147

Williams is just another fanboy.

Postby vodkadiet

It will be a shame for O'Sullivan if after this great run of wins he loses at The Crucible. 2014 all over again.

Postby Pink Ball

vodkadiet wrote:

Mark Williams MBE
‏@markwil147
I can say i turned pro at the same time as the best player ever, and 27 years on hes still the best in the world. Awesome @ronnieo147

A particularly nauseating one at that

Postby PLtheRef

Credit to Ronnie for winning today - he has been the in form player of the week and was the deserved last player standing.

I don't know why but I think this has been a more enjoyable Welsh Open and that Cardiff seems now able to cope with a 128 man draw - Playing the rounds on seperate days was good too as for all the best of seven frame matches and tonnes of games early doors it's "de-PTC'iscised" it somewhat

Postby Gridlock

just shut up.

Postby Ronnie79

Pool boy that is not the way the seedings work for the crucible Bingham and ROS would be in the same half seeded 1 and 4 Selby and Robbo could meet in the other semi seeded 2 and 3

Postby Holden Chinaski

vodkadiet wrote:

Mark Williams MBE
‏@markwil147

He's just someone who knows snooker and is not a snooker hipster. Unlike some people on here who have their nose up their own ass and know nothing about snooker. :wave:
People like MJW, Hendry, Reardon, Davis know good snooker when they see it. Don't think they're fan boys at all.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:
Skullman wrote:I made chicken madras today.

Murdering innocent beings isn't something to advertise, or be proud of.

Have you no moral code?

Yeah, Skullman. What you playing at?

Postby SnookerFan

If I were you, I'd create another forum. It's the only sensible solution.

Postby SnookerFan

They are playing some weird version of Heyya in the Foyer here. Not the real version, it's some cover by a woman. Bit weird.

My baby don't mess around, coz she loves me so....

Postby Master Blaster

It's amazing what pressure can do to people. We saw a collapse from Ron against Selby for his 6th crown when he was miles in front. Robbo repeated that feat last night. But it's not pressure from the other player but pressure from within. Robbo was in control but came out in the evening and started missing stuff he can literally play blind in practice. One miss can change a player. You start questioning when down if the angle is correct, even when it is correct and you adjust things slightly when you should get up. Other occasion, you get up when actually, the alignment is perfect. It's a lack of conscious trust in oneself. I have a friend who's beaten Ronnie at his house and MJW in a comp and even Ronnie does it. As Dale said, the game can be very in the mind. Robbo needed to play like it didn't matter. His constant attention to detail and triple-checking everything is mind numbing (to him) and burns him out. No brain needs that barrage. At some point, he needs to learn that he knows all the angles, all the pots, all the shots and trust himself to get on with it. When you've made your mind up, you get down, blank your mind and play the shot 100%, not 90% or 110% or with a nagging doubt in the back of your mind. Nagging doubts are to be sorted three feet away from the table. If he has been listening to Ebdon, he's a fool, Ebdon destroyed a perfectly good game with a load of mind-game guff.

Postby Master Blaster

vodkadiet wrote:It will be a shame for O'Sullivan if after this great run of wins he loses at The Crucible. 2014 all over again.

This should be the fear for all Ron fans, we've seen it before. He can't dominate a seasons like Hendry. But maybe this is the year to break the curse and win everything he contests (Germany excluded of course). :spot on: Sport is full of surprises, so we cross our fingers for the rocket, don't we? :john:

Postby PoolBoy

Ronnie79 wrote:Pool boy that is not the way the seedings work for the crucible Bingham and ROS would be in the same half seeded 1 and 4 Selby and Robbo could meet in the other semi seeded 2 and 3

Ronnie79, I completely overlooked that Bingham will be seeded at number 1 as reigning champion!
As you say, it would be Ronnie v Bingham in the semis with Selby/Robertson awaiting in the Final!
That's if the highest seeds won their matches, of course!
I wonder if O'Sullivan will enter the Grand Prix - assuming he's found it he's qualified!
It finishes on 13th March with the World Championships starting a month later (16th April) - so he'd still have sufficient time to rest and prepare.

Postby Master Blaster

PoolBoy wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:Pool boy that is not the way the seedings work for the crucible Bingham and ROS would be in the same half seeded 1 and 4 Selby and Robbo could meet in the other semi seeded 2 and 3

Ronnie79, I completely overlooked that Bingham will be seeded at number 1 as reigning champion!
As you say, it would be Ronnie v Bingham in the semis with Selby/Robertson awaiting in the Final!
That's if the highest seeds won their matches, of course!
I wonder if O'Sullivan will enter the Grand Prix - assuming he's found it he's qualified!
It finishes on 13th March with the World Championships starting a month later (16th April) - so he'd still have sufficient time to rest and prepare.

Anything is possible but I doubt Bingo will make the semis unless he finds some form or has loads of donkeys in a row.

Postby Vallomas

Couldn't post here yesterday because I was very busy at work, but fortunately I managed to watch the final (except for the first two frames) via ES player. Well, what can I say?

Ronnie in that form is a pleasure to watch. Perhaps he wasn't as good at the first session as in the previous matches, but Robertson displayed a solid performance too. To be honest, on 5-2 I was thinking that Robbo could win the trophy as Ronnie wasn't flawless and gave him chances.

The first three frames of the evening session proved to be crucial. Even if Neil made it 6-6 in the fourth, when he had again a chance, it would have given him back some confidence to fight till the end. It didn't happen and as Ronnie found his momentum, it was clear that he would win 9-5.

The 141 break on the last frame was the cherry on the cake of a week of brilliant snooker from the Rocket. I wasn't expecting to watch him in such form when he announced his comeback and I am very glad that he did it. I watched his interviews too and I saw him very calm and happy and I guess that when he is in that state of mind he can produce his best on the snooker table. And we all know that when he does it, there is nobody who can be even close to him.

The conclusion is that I really enjoyed a tournament after some long time. High quality snooker from many players that made me waiting to see how this season will end.

Postby vodkadiet

Mark Jackass Williams cannot have any respect for himself as a player if all he is capable of is paying lip service to O'Sullivan. It is pathetic.

It just gives more confidence to O'Sullivan whenever he meets the beleaguered Welshman.

Postby Master Blaster

vodkadiet wrote:Mark Jackass Williams cannot have any respect for himself as a player if all he is capable of is paying lip service to O'Sullivan. It is pathetic.

It just gives more confidence to O'Sullivan whenever he meets the beleaguered Welshman.

^ Don't drink soya milk, it messes with your brain badly^

You don't think that MJW who won two world titles and is from the class of 92 knows a bit about what it takes to have had the stellar career Ronnie is still enjoying? MJW was the potter of his generation, his long game superb. He gives Ronnie respect but tries to beat him with as much effort as he can muster. This is the snooker way.

Postby Dan-cat

The final yesterday was fascinating... Robbo scored an early knock down but Ronnie recovered and dug in. Finishing off in style with a TKO - the final frame flourish of a 141.

Reading back over the thread I see only Holden kept the faith in his man. I couldn't see him losing either, especially when he made it 5 - 3. I didn't expect it to be quite so conclusive though.

Postby AC or LT?

Holden Chinaski wrote:

<doh> He's a 5 time world champ <doh>

He hasn't won it for a few years despite winning tournaments over shorter distances. I'm not saying he was never good at multi-session, but at the minute his game seems to collapse when faced with longform matches.

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Finalising !!!!!

Postby vodkadiet

Masterblaster

I don't drink soya milk, although it is still infinitely better for you than the cow's blood, pus, and feces that the majority of our backward species consume.