Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Final !!!!!

Postby vodkadiet

151kbar151 wrote:Why is Neil eating? Never saw snooker players eating during match. I thought tennis players eat banana between games but not snooker.

Yes, Robertson is eating bananas. I don't know how many he eats a day. There is a Vegan site called '30 bananas a day'. Maybe he is taking it too literally!

Postby Cheshire Cat

Robertson. Brilliant. Just cannot leave afford to leave those for the best potter in the game.

Postby kolompar

151kbar151 wrote:Why is Neil eating? Never saw snooker players eating during match. I thought tennis players eat banana between games but not snooker.

Vegan power!

Postby Cloud Strife

Holden Chinaski wrote:One of the rare times Ronnie gets a massive kick. Still didn't moan about it.

There would have been an international incident if Robertson had got that kick.

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:One of the rare times Ronnie gets a massive kick. Still didn't moan about it.

Ronnie accepts them as occupational hazard.

I Think over the years they have made things worst by trying to get rid of them.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Who am I to question ROS's shot choice, but that long red was the wrong shot for me. Hampered over the green and all. Taking Robbo far too lightly.

Postby NNear

Cheshire Cat wrote:Who am I to question ROS's shot choice, but that long red was the wrong shot for me. Hampered over the green and all. Taking Robbo far too lightly.

He's played borderline reckless snooker all event, but he's had the form to make it look like the right decision. If one tries to play so many shots to something, then the moment the form dips one is just going to offer obvious chances to the opponent.
Last edited by NNear on 21 Feb 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Holden Chinaski

NNear wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:Who am I to question ROS's shot choice, but that long red was the wrong shot for me. Hampered over the green and all. Taking Robbo far too lightly.

He's played borderline reckless snooker all event, but he's had the form to make it look like the right decision. If one tries to play so many shots to something, then the moment the form dips, one is just going to offer obvious chances to the opponent.

Yeah Ronnie's been playing exhibition type snooker from the start. Going for everything. His long game is not as good today so far, so needs to keep it tight.

Postby TheRocket

The biggest thing I have to criticize about Ronnies shot selection sometimes is that he rarely put a colour safe even when having 60+ leads or like that.
Last edited by TheRocket on 21 Feb 2016, edited 2 times in total.

Postby NNear

Robertson could have been more decisive when given the chance in this frame, and he was on the verge of probably taking it. I think he'd have made the red to go 1-0 or 2-0 up but was a bit excited about maybe taking such a clear early lead.

Glad you like it, @Skullman. I take it you've watched the show?

Postby vodkadiet

Robertson may regret that miss. 3-0 and he might have run away with it.

O'Sullivan isn't the same player when under pressure against a top player.

Postby NNear

Living and dying by the sword; high risk snooker from Ronnie. Robertson now has a solid chance to put a lot of points on the board. Perhaps he's odds on here to win at this visit.
Last edited by NNear on 21 Feb 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Dom Dale pointed out that Robbo has a habit of getting bogged down when it comes to safety. Thought Ronnie might have kept it tighter with the balls the way they are, try and throw Robbo off his rhythm a bit, but I guess not.

Anyway, Robbo in.

Postby Lucky

Cloud Strife wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Skull and Wild, is Snooker Overdrive banned?

Was just about to ask that myself.

Nope. No one banned.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Lucky wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Skull and Wild, is Snooker Overdrive banned?

Was just about to ask that myself.

Nope. No one banned.

<ok>