Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Semi Finals !!!

Postby QSM

ronniesrun wrote:
NNear wrote:Ahahah, surely he knew he fouled? Good time wasting to take even more rhythm away from Robbo. Masterful gamesmanship!

The guy is a bit of a crook to be fair.

I'm not too fond of Mark Allen either, but then again, Robertson ain't much better. From the exciting aggressive long potter that emerged onto the scene with that brilliant win in the G'Prix vs Cope in the final, to the negative rather slow player he is now. (and his outrageously boring WC final with Dott) Can't they both lose?

Postby Snooker Overdrive

ronniesrun wrote:
NNear wrote:Ahahah, surely he knew he fouled? Good time wasting to take even more rhythm away from Robbo. Masterful gamesmanship!

The guy is a bit of a crook to be fair.

I have to defend Allen here. On the table he has always been a fair sportsman.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wildey wrote:brilliant refereying

Just doing his job, nothing special in my opinion.

many refs have missed things like that

Postby Cheshire Cat

Complete and utter lack of killer instinct, just can't keep an opponent down when he's got him on the ropes. 3-0 with the way Robbo was playing is massive compared to 2-1.

Postby eraserhead

Wildey wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Allen's missed the boat. :atsea:

its still a 50/50 match

I know but Neil was struggling and Allen needed that frame more imo.

Postby NNear

RJFindlay wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Allen's missed the boat. :atsea:

There's still a chance he could turn the thunder, into the whimper from down under.

The raindrop from down under.

Multiple meanings.

Good match.

Postby Cloud Strife

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Very quiet on here today.

I'm sure it will be more lively this evening

Yes, I will be around this evening. <ok>

Postby Holden Chinaski

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Very quiet on here today.

I'm sure it will be more lively this evening

You can be sure of that.

I will get hate for saying this, but Ronnie is bigger than the sport. He's the only superstar in snooker right now. The other players need to step it up, or new players have to come, cause the only one really worth watching these days is Ronnie. i hope players like Ding and Luca will improve and show us something special in the future..

Postby NNear

I'd like to think Ding could have a period of dominance as an older and wiser sage Chinese player, buoyed by the emergence of younger Chinese talents threatening to take his throne, churning out 2-3 World Championships. I'm not sure he's got the stuff though - probably not. Brecel? I'm not entirely sold on the proficiency of his technique, but even more his tactical and mental ability. He is still extremely young and barely a man, however. Still.. something isn't quite resonating for me.