Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Semi Finals !!!

Postby vodkadiet

Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Why does the Welsh presenter keep saying tomorrow night's final? Is it best of 11?

Don't give Hearn ideas.

The Champion of Champions final was a one session final and they played that early on the Sunday. I think it was a best of 13?

Was it? I must admit I don't pay too much attention to these events if Ronnie isn't playing.

It was an event they had for 2 or 3 years back in about 1999, 2000. O'Sullivan won it one year.

Postby Master Blaster

Holden Chinaski wrote:Now this is what I call a good snooker match.

Perry would probably be steamrolling any other player tonight playing like this.

Yeah, Perry ain't doin a Hawkins. He's manned up has the Gent. Knew he would. Plays properly, tough competitor. He's a role model for all out there who ain't so great; how to get the most out of a less natural game. like Fu, Allen, Bingo etc, these guys really max their potential.

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Why does the Welsh presenter keep saying tomorrow night's final? Is it best of 11?

Don't give Hearn ideas.

The Champion of Champions final was a one session final and they played that early on the Sunday. I think it was a best of 13?

Was it? I must admit I don't pay too much attention to these events if Ronnie isn't playing.

It was an event they had for 2 or 3 years back in about 1999, 2000. O'Sullivan won it one year.

Oh that's right. The Champions Cup it was called. Yes, that event used to have a best of 13 final and round robin format for the first round as well. Can see why it didn't last.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Probably one of the matches of the tourney really. The standard of breaks and potting from both players is top drawer. I think both of them are over 90% pot success? Ronnie was 96% at one point.

Missed that one though.

Postby vodkadiet

The Champion of Champions final was a one session final and they played that early on the Sunday. I think it was a best of 13?[/quote]

Was it? I must admit I don't pay too much attention to these events if Ronnie isn't playing.[/quote]

It was an event they had for 2 or 3 years back in about 1999, 2000. O'Sullivan won it one year.[/quote]

Oh that's right. The Champions Cup it was called. Yes, that event used to have a best of 13 final and round robin format for the first round as well. Can see why it didn't last.[/quote]

Sorry, yes just checked it on Wiki. Played for 3 years, 1999-2001. ITV screened it.

Postby vodkadiet

AC or LT? wrote:The standard of snooker really is pushing an all time high at the minute.

Do you reckon they'll have to do something to make the game more difficult in a few years?

Maybe O'Sullivan is making the game look easy. I don't see anyone else making the game look too easy.

Postby Holden Chinaski

vodkadiet wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:The standard of snooker really is pushing an all time high at the minute.

Do you reckon they'll have to do something to make the game more difficult in a few years?

Maybe O'Sullivan is making the game look easy. I don't see anyone else making the game look too easy.

Indeed.

Postby Holden Chinaski

What can you say? The man is a genius.

How good has Ronnie been playing in this tournament? It's unbelievable. The man is 40 years old and had back problems not so long ago..

Well done Ronnie! :hatoff:

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:Perry done his job, made the match mildly competitive, but ultimately just outclassed.

Perry knew his role. Guys like him are merely meant to be the support act.

Postby Master Blaster

Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Perry done his job, made the match mildly competitive, but ultimately just outclassed.

Hmm, he won the PTC final for 100k. Good supporting role. rofl

Postby vodkadiet

Cloud Strife wrote:

At least Perry still plays to his normal standard when playing O'Sullivan. unlike Carter or Hawkins, Ding or Walden.
Last edited by vodkadiet on 20 Feb 2016, edited 1 time in total.