Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Semi Finals !!!

Postby Paddpotter

Holden Chinaski wrote:I am a fanboy because I say it's always a posibility Ronnie might hammer Robbo? I've seen Ronnie hammer Hendry, Higgins, Selby... So it's definitely possible he hammers Robbo, right? I don't think he will, but it's possible.

It's always good to admit your obbessions/addictions mate always the first step ;-)

But I can understand it because he is phenomal and plays snooker like no other human being can. Who could not get a hit out of watching snooker like that.

Postby Andy Spark

I remember Ronnie hammering Ding Junhui when people thought Ding was on a roll (similar to Robo Cop now!). Ronnie is no respecter of reputations. :-)

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Holden Chinaski wrote:I am a fanboy because I say it's always a posibility Ronnie might hammer Robbo? I've seen Ronnie hammer Hendry, Higgins, Selby... So it's definitely possible he hammers Robbo, right? I don't think he will, but it's possible.

Even Murphy hammered Robbo just last year after he played even better than he has this week

Postby Holden Chinaski

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Even Murphy hammered Robbo just last year after he played even better than he has this week

Are you a Murphy fanboy :chin:

:chuckle:

Postby PLtheRef

I think it'll be closer than some of the other contests Ronnie has faced this week but as others have mentioned, he won't be frightened of winning this at a canter. If he can forge 4-1 or 5-1 in front then it well may be a 9-3 or 9-4 scoreline. Personally I think it'll be 5-3 before he wins 9-5 or 9-6

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Even 5 WC titles sound so pathetic. It really does when watching this man sometimes play. What an underachiever.

There's still time

He'll win this year, I'm telling you. I really think he'll make it six this year.

The doubt is whether he'll break Hendry's record. But I would be amazed if Ronnie doesn't win another World Title.

Postby SnookerFan

Master Blaster wrote:Thorne: players like Selby and Bingham play too many tournaments, they need to pick and choose.............play 1 in every 2.

rofl rofl rofl

They'd tumble below Perry in the rankings if they did that.

Thorne is such a bellend.

He thinks everybody who isn't him is inferior snooker-wise, intellect-wise and pretty much in every other way. He really didn't win much in his career, yet he think he can give players of Selby's caliber patronising advice. He'll be slagging off other people's haircuts next.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:I missed frame 2. When they had a break for camera difficulties, I nipped to the bar to order a beer, and only made it back for frame 3.

Did you enjoy the match, Snookerfan? I think it was a fantastic, high quality match. Wish I was there.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I missed frame 2. When they had a break for camera difficulties, I nipped to the bar to order a beer, and only made it back for frame 3.

Did you enjoy the match, Snookerfan? I think it was a fantastic, high quality match. Wish I was there.

The first frame was a bit grim, but after that it picked up. Good performance by both men, shame there had to be a loser.

I would've said I wanted to go 6-5 either way, but I'd been watching snooker all day and was a bit knackered by the end.

I make Ronnie favourite today, but I think after seeing both matches yesterday I know think it'll be closer than I originally thought.