Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Master Blaster

Cheshire Cat wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Only started watching now. So has White thrown his toys out of the pram here or what?

That's an understatement. Michael has looked like he's been trying to double or triple every ball he's gone for into other pockets.

Well, this is what can happen when you've been bigged up to the next big thing, the youngest am world champion, the saviour of Wales. And not just from anyone, but from former legend Morgan himself. Who also went grumpy when things didn't go his way. Like mentor, like student. rofl

Postby Cloud Strife

Master Blaster wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Only started watching now. So has White thrown his toys out of the pram here or what?

That's an understatement. Michael has looked like he's been trying to double or triple every ball he's gone for into other pockets.

Well, this is what can happen when you've been bigged up to the next big thing, the youngest am world champion, the saviour of Wales. And not just from anyone, but from former legend Morgan himself. Who also went grumpy when things didn't go his way. Like mentor, like student. rofl

Lol.

I remember Morgan himself throwing his toys out of his pram during a match against Ronnie at the Crucible in the 90s. He whined afterwards that the crowd were cheering too much for Ronnie. rofl

Postby Master Blaster

Cloud Strife wrote:
Master Blaster wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:

Lol.

I remember Morgan himself throwing his toys out of his pram during a match against Ronnie at the Crucible in the 90s. He whined afterwards that the crowd were cheering too much for Ronnie. rofl

He's very special, dazza. He was the first Welsh finalist in the Welsh Open in the open era remember. Shame he's a fat b'stard now eh? rofl

He's spent half a week talking about White doing this and White doing that. and then MJW. Very biased towards the Welsh.
Last edited by Master Blaster on 19 Feb 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cheshire Cat

"If I made a maxi the bookie gives me 60k. I give some of that to charity.." Ronnie Looks at Dale. "Some to you.." Looks at Ian "..maybe some to you.." pmsl

Good stuff. Shame ES doesn't do interviews.

Postby Master Blaster

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:Just saw Ronnie's interview with the Beeb after the match. Good Lord, is he high? <laugh>

High from playing amazing snooker? Absolutely.

No, he's high on MSG, he's spending loads of time at Happy Gathering, one of the three best Chinese restaurants in Britain he reckons. Can't disagree on that one. The Rocket knows his food.

Postby Holden Chinaski

AC or LT? wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:Just saw Ronnie's interview with the Beeb after the match. Good Lord, is he high? <laugh>

All of his interviews this week have been like that,

Yeah he's acting like he used to do a lot before 2012. I thought this side of Ronnie was gone after he worked with dr. Peters but turns out he still has his crazy side. He's a strange person. Fascinating. You never know what's going on his head. I've been watching him since 2003 and I still don't understand him.

Postby Master Blaster

Cheshire Cat wrote:"If I made a maxi the bookie gives me 60k. I give some of that to charity.." Ronnie Looks at Dale. "Some to you.." Looks at Ian "..maybe some to you.." pmsl

Link please!

Postby Cloud Strife

Holden Chinaski wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:

Yeah he's acting like he used to do a lot before 2012. I thought this side of Ronnie was gone after he worked with dr. Peters but turns out he still has his crazy side. He's a strange person. Fascinating. You never know what's going on his head. I've been watching him since 2003 and I still don't understand him.

You should have seen him in 1996. The year he head butted Mike Ganley for saying hello to him. rofl

That was also the year he trolled Alain Robidoux at the Crucible.

Postby Vallomas

Vallomas wrote:Falling in the pack is a weak point of Perry's game. He scored first in the 5th frame but broke on 37 and now Woollaston has a chance to make it 2-3.

Ben made it 69-37 but missed the difficult last red and left it for Joe, who made the clearance (4-1).

Postby Cheshire Cat

Cloud Strife wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:

You should have seen him in 1996. The year he head butted Mike Ganley for saying hello to him. rofl

That was also the year he trolled Alain Robidoux at the Crucible.

Everyone seems so much older than me on here! I only started watching snooker in 2013. Other than catching up via Youtube, the worst i'd seen Ronnie was at the Grand Prix last year where he was just being a right muppet.

Perry just doing what he has to do from the looks of it.

Postby Cloud Strife

QSM wrote:
Master Blaster wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:"If I made a maxi the bookie gives me 60k. I give some of that to charity.." Ronnie Looks at Dale. "Some to you.." Looks at Ian "..maybe some to you.." pmsl

Link please!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZxA2dDFK1M

Thanks for that. :hatoff:

Nice interview. He seems to be in a very fun and mischievous mood this week.

Postby Vallomas

Could be a closer match, but Ben wasn't strong enough. The 5th frame with Perry's steal was crucial.

The Gentleman is a fighter and can give ROS a match if he has a good start - but I doubt he will have it.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Good stuff Joe. You'd have to say though in this sort of form that if O'Sullivan can beat Selby, then someone like Perry who plays the more aggressive game is right up Ronnie's alley. Must go for his shots and win frames in one visit to have any chance of beating Ronnie.

Postby Master Blaster

QSM wrote:
Master Blaster wrote:

Link please!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZxA2dDFK1M

I wouldn't say he's high, just happy and trying to enjoy it all and relax. Good on him, much of life is about smiling. ;-)

Postby Master Blaster

Cheshire Cat wrote:Good stuff Joe. You'd have to say though in this sort of form that if O'Sullivan can beat Selby, then someone like Perry who plays the more aggressive game is right up Ronnie's alley. Must go for his shots and win frames in one visit to have any chance of beating Ronnie.

Joe's taken him close before and could have beaten him at the Worlds I think but fluffed it. He's a gent but he's tough as nails. He's rank outsider against ROS so has nothing to lose by playing his game. He's not expected to win so all the pressure in on Ronnie. How Joe copes with Sat night billing and Ronnie is a moot point!

Postby Cheshire Cat

Master Blaster wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:Good stuff Joe. You'd have to say though in this sort of form that if O'Sullivan can beat Selby, then someone like Perry who plays the more aggressive game is right up Ronnie's alley. Must go for his shots and win frames in one visit to have any chance of beating Ronnie.

Joe's taken him close before and could have beaten him at the Worlds I think but fluffed it. He's a gent but he's tough as nails. He's rank outsider against ROS so has nothing to lose by playing his game. He's not expected to win so all the pressure in on Ronnie. How Joe copes with Sat night billing and Ronnie is a moot point!

Joe was incredible in the first two session of that match. I think he'd have been disappointed to only be 9-7 up going into the final session, Ronnie will have felt like he'd was winning 9-7 with how badly he played. Then in the final session it was a mixture of Joe crumbling and Ronnie on the rise, back to back centuries to end the match.

I love Joe, so, will enjoy their match tomorrow. <ok>

Postby Master Blaster

Cheshire Cat wrote:
Master Blaster wrote:

Joe was incredible in the first two session of that match. I think he'd have been disappointed to only be 9-7 up going into the final session, Ronnie will have felt like he'd was winning 9-7 with how badly he played. Then in the final session it was a mixture of Joe crumbling and Ronnie on the rise, back to back centuries to end the match.

I love Joe, so, will enjoy their match tomorrow. <ok>

Joe's lovely and ordinarily I'd be supporting the gent but it's the chav for me tomorrow. <laugh>

Then again, I also loved the King of the Nazgul, so I've got poor taste in main characters. Not that I'm saying Ronnie is evil. But............. :stir: