Post a reply

BetVictor Welsh Open Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 15th of February ~ Sunday 21st of February at the Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff

The Quarter Final line up has braught together another Selby v O'Sullivan match can selby get the better of the flying Rocket this time?

Others still in the championship are Ding Junhui trying to re discover the winning habit and UK Champion Neil Robertson.

Ben Woollaston who reached last years final is still there while Michael White sent last years champion John Higgins packing.

Who will reach the semi finals?

DRAW

Quarter Finals

Michael White v Mark Allen Allen leads 2-1
Ding Junhui v Neil Robertson Ding Junhui leads 9-7
---------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Selby v Ronnie O'Sullivan O'Sullivan leads 14-8
Joe Perry v Ben Woollaston Perry leads 4-2

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Cloud Strife

Day 4 Table

326 ERASERHEAD 90 - 28
324 THECLEAVER 92 - 24
321 WILDEY 91 - 24
317 FRIDGE46 93 - 19
308 PLTHEREF 84 - 28
306 SMART 82 - 30
299 CLOUD STRIFE 87 - 19
298 KING.KAUTO 84 - 23
297 SUNDAYGIRL 85 - 21
281 KOLOMPAR 77 - 25

Postby Cheshire Cat

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Robertson v Selby is my pick for the final

I think it would have been more interesting if Ronnie and Mark played before Robbo and Ding. Robbo is absolutely gunning for a final with Ronnie, he's made that clear. If Ronnie and Selby were to have played first and Ronnie were to have won, I think Robbo would be on a warpath to make sure he got through.

Regardless, cracking quarters. Looking forward.

Postby Cheshire Cat

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Can any1 explain the order of play? Why do not both fternoon qfs startat the same time just as the evening qfs

I thought the '1pm' might have just been a placeholder time, meaning that Ronnie v Mark would be happening after Robbo v Ding had finished. The only other thing it could mean is that Ronnie v Mark is on another table.

Postby Wildey

In the last 10 years 4 players in the quarter finals has been the most successful winners of ranking events

1 Neil Robertson 11 wins 6 runner up
2 John Higgins 11 wins 5 runner up
3 Ding Junhui 11 wins 3 runner up
4 Ronnie O'Sullivan 9 wins 6 runner up

Postby Gridlock

I held off posting first on this tonight. I am really hoping Selby can start strong and stay strong against Ronnie. Hope for a classic matcheither way!

Postby eraserhead

Only just got in, what a surprise Judd losses in his first test of the tournament.

I think if Ronnie's long potting is alright he'll beat Selby, he hasn't looked like missing when he's in the balls this week.

Ding has made it to a quarter final in a ranking event! :happy: :bowdown:

Postby Dan-cat

eraserhead wrote:Ding is scoring well it seems, 70, 89, 87 and a 55 in his match against Luca.

I can't tell you how happy I am to see Ding back at the business end. Such a talent and a lovely warm guy. It appears his work with Terry is kicking in. So excited for this weekend.

Postby Cheshire Cat

OoNebsoO wrote:They could've easily fit Perry - Woollaston somewhere. Just poor.

It's a disgrace to think that Ben would only get his first televised match of the tournament in the semi final.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Just listened to Snooker Scene's podcast with Mark Selby, him feeling that beating Ronnie in the World's earned his respect. Ronnie has made it clear in interviews since then that he thinks Mark is the best player on the tour right now. Mutual respect. <ok>

Postby Holden Chinaski

LC wrote:Think it'll be a repeat of the semi in 2012, rubbish bits and pieces frames that selby laps up with ease

I think Ronnie will win. He's in much better form than Selby.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Smart wrote:scheduling is bonkers.......starts with Ding / Robbo now, then at 1pm EST its ROS /Selby. Why the hell not have roll on roll off from 10.00 am, then everyone could see every match - SURELY THATS A SENSIBLE WAY TO DO THIS !!!

I know. It's a joke.