Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Quarter Finals !!!

Postby PLtheRef

Master Blaster wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:Good stuff Joe. You'd have to say though in this sort of form that if O'Sullivan can beat Selby, then someone like Perry who plays the more aggressive game is right up Ronnie's alley. Must go for his shots and win frames in one visit to have any chance of beating Ronnie.

Joe's taken him close before and could have beaten him at the Worlds I think but fluffed it. He's a gent but he's tough as nails. He's rank outsider against ROS so has nothing to lose by playing his game. He's not expected to win so all the pressure in on Ronnie. How Joe copes with Sat night billing and Ronnie is a moot point!

I think with the 2014 World Championship meeting you could well substitute could with 'probably should' have beaten him there.

He's certainly got nothing to lose - but O'Sullivan doesn't seem to be stoppable - when he's on a run he can be lethal. Perry will need to stick with him because if O'Sullivan can get 3-1 4-1 in front then he won't be troubled.

Postby Master Blaster

PLtheRef wrote:
Master Blaster wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:Good stuff Joe. You'd have to say though in this sort of form that if O'Sullivan can beat Selby, then someone like Perry who plays the more aggressive game is right up Ronnie's alley. Must go for his shots and win frames in one visit to have any chance of beating Ronnie.

Joe's taken him close before and could have beaten him at the Worlds I think but fluffed it. He's a gent but he's tough as nails. He's rank outsider against ROS so has nothing to lose by playing his game. He's not expected to win so all the pressure in on Ronnie. How Joe copes with Sat night billing and Ronnie is a moot point!

I think with the 2014 World Championship meeting you could well substitute could with 'probably should' have beaten him there.

He's certainly got nothing to lose - but O'Sullivan doesn't seem to be stoppable - when he's on a run he can be lethal. Perry will need to stick with him because if O'Sullivan can get 3-1 4-1 in front then he won't be troubled.

:hatoff:

As ever, it depends how Ronnie starts. If he gets the first two, there could be trouble for Joe. Very important that Joe takes his chances and finishes as many frames in one visit at possible. He mustn't let half chance frames go begging. Easier said than done against the Genius, I mean the Chavster. rofl

Right, I've had me absinthe, so it must be bed time or I'll turn into a cockwomble like Ronnie and spout rubbish.

:hatoff: Bonne Nuit.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Who said allen is likable. Read this from his his pc :

Allen said: “The fist pump was part of the game plan, as was not apologising for some good running in the next frame. I thought it might get to him. He was playing in a big match in front of his home Welsh crowd, I have done the same in Northern Ireland and you are under a lot more pressure.

“I tried to get him more frustrated, and when he smashed the reds in frame three I knew I had him. He is such a good player, I needed a game plan to contain him.

“I watched an item on BBC today where fellow professionals were criticising me for my style of play and all sorts. Steve Davis made a comment. Shaun Murphy made a comment, but I know him well and we have had a chat about it privately, I sort of know where he was coming from.

“Some of these comments were very derogatory and I said to my coach Terry Griffiths I couldn’t wait to get out there.”

As for tomorrow’s clash with Robertson, Allen added: “Neil has beaten me a few times in big events, and tonight’s plan won’t work on him as he is far too experienced so I will have to be somewhere near my best. He is the player of the season to date but there are only four left now and I can beat him.”

White said: “I would like to apologise to all the people from Wales who came to support me tonight. After the way I lost the second frame I lost it for a while.

“I didn’t like the fist pump, because of the way he won the frame. It wasn’t his good play, I was very unlucky to knock in the pink and leave a free ball. It is something I won’t forget for a long time, certainly when I play him again next time.”

Postby Cheshire Cat

White must be a mental midget if he let a fistpump get to him. Mark Allen had no right to win that second frame, White was already playing dross long before then and just imploded after it.

Postby Vallomas

Just read Allen's quote on WS and I can't stop laughing.

He acts like a naughty boy, I honestly can't take him seriously. Suddenly, I found myself hoping that Robbo will thrash him tomorrow.

Postby Roland

Fair play to him. If you've got an opponent who grumbles at run of the ball then play to that and wind them up. I didn't see the match but sounds like it worked a treat. Love it.

Postby Cheshire Cat

SnookerFan wrote:Missed that. What has Mark Allen done now? :roll:

Short story: he's been a naughty, naughty boy.

Long story: he saw the 'professional opinion' piece that the Beeb do with Davis, Doherty and Murphy, and in it they suggested that Allen was more 'championship than premiership.' He went nuts, Terry Griffiths told him to let it out on the table, so Allen went out gung-ho. He wouldn't apologise for any flukes or run of the ball, so in the 2nd frame when Allen needed a snooker White played an awful safety and knocked the pink in, and Allen cleared up to steal, then fist pumped. This sent White nuts.

What happened after.. R.I.P Welsh Hopes 2k16.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat wrote:

Long story: he saw the 'professional opinion' piece that the Beeb do with Davis, Doherty and Murphy, and in it they suggested that Allen was more 'championship than premiership.' He went nuts, Terry Griffiths told him to let it out on the table, so Allen went out gung-ho. He wouldn't apologise for any flukes or run of the ball. In the 2nd frame Allen needed a snooker White played an awful safety and knocked the pink in, and Allen cleared up to steal, then fist pumped. This sent White nuts.

EDIT: actually, he's seen that piece like a month ago, so I don't know why it's riling him up now. Word on Twitter was that Steve Davis was saying stuff abut him - Davis has never rated Allen as a player, doesn't seem to like him.

Postby Holden Chinaski

At least Allen admits fistpumping in the middle of a match is playing head games. Players like Selby do this all the time. Trying to annoy the opponent. If your not talented enough to win without silly tactics than fair play to you i guess..

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:

Long story: he saw the 'professional opinion' piece that the Beeb do with Davis, Doherty and Murphy, and in it they suggested that Allen was more 'championship than premiership.' He went nuts, Terry Griffiths told him to let it out on the table, so Allen went out gung-ho. He wouldn't apologise for any flukes or run of the ball, so in the 2nd frame when Allen needed a snooker White played an awful safety and knocked the pink in, and Allen cleared up to steal, then fist pumped. This sent White nuts.

Does sound a bit like Davis shouldered some of the blame. Not that Mark Allen is a difficult man to upset, mind. :roll: