Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 16 !!!

Postby Skullman

Looks like Ding v Luca is starting on another table. :roll:

This tournament has felt like one long cockerel up. It's a shame because I have a bit of a soft spot for the Welsh, it being the first snooker tournament I saw.

Postby Andy Spark

SnookerFan wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:I'm surprised BBC Wales are televising this, it is supposed to be a Welsh tournament for Welsh people, I would like to see every match feature two Welsh players and both commentators should always be Welsh. There should be Welsh cameramen, Welsh table engineers, Welsh presenters, and the audience should be comprised of entirely Welshmen and Welshwomen.

They can give me my English money back then.

Just adopt a Welsh accent and say you're a friend of Leanne Wood, you'll be OK.

Postby Cloud Strife

Holden Chinaski wrote:So we wont be able to watch Luca v Ding? Not even on a stream?

Not unless they switch over after this match.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Talking about kicks, you know who gets very little kicks? Ronnie. I would love to see some stats on how many kicks some players get over the period of multiple tournaments. I bet Ronnie would have the lowest percentage..

Postby Holden Chinaski

Skullman wrote:What's marmite about it? Players do miss.

Anyway, Ding takes the first with a 70 barring snookers.

It's ok. I'm just mad I can't see the other match. Not enjoying this one.

Postby Andy Spark

Holden Chinaski wrote:They should put some welsh sheep in the arena as well.

They had Ewe Delu earlier! Sorry, bad pun :emb:

Postby Cheshire Cat

I like Luca, but my head tells me Robbo would do him in 8 or 9/10. Luca just isn't consistently able to win against players like that on his own ability, he's relying a lot on his opponents to make mistakes. I hope Ding gets through, he has a much better chance of putting it up to Robbo regardless of his current form.

Postby Master Blaster

Holden Chinaski wrote:Talking about kicks, you know who gets very little kicks? Ronnie. I would love to see some stats on how many kicks some players get over the period of multiple tournaments. I bet Ronnie would have the lowest percentage..

There are a lot of numpties on tsf who will tell you that all that matters is where you hit the ball and how hard. This is utter guff. If you wallop the ball it will kick every time. Technically, every shot is a kick because there is a point before the OB starts rolling where the white and the OB remain in contact before the white kicks the OB forward (inertia). The thicker the angle, the more the kick.

But Ronnie uses elbow drop to stroke through the ball. That's the key, getting through the ball smoothly. Judd kinda thumps em and that's why he kicks more. Ronnie knows better. It's not just the force but how you deliver it that changes how the cue ball behaves. ;-)

Postby Master Blaster

SnookerFan wrote:It baffles me that a professional player can ever bungle the break off shot.

That's because you don't play snooker and understand how it can go wrong. Side, throw, any of these terms mean anything to you?! rofl

Postby Cloud Strife

Master Blaster wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Talking about kicks, you know who gets very little kicks? Ronnie. I would love to see some stats on how many kicks some players get over the period of multiple tournaments. I bet Ronnie would have the lowest percentage..

There are a lot of numpties on tsf who will tell you that all that matters is where you hit the ball and how hard. This is utter guff. If you wallop the ball it will kick every time. Technically, every shot is a kick because there is a point before the OB starts rolling where the white and the OB remain in contact before the white kicks the OB forward (inertia). The thicker the angle, the more the kick.

But Ronnie uses elbow drop to stroke through the ball. That's the key, getting through the ball smoothly. Judd kinda thumps em and that's why he kicks more. Ronnie knows better. It's not just the force but how you deliver it that changes how the cue ball behaves. ;-)

Spot on.

It's all physics really, isn't it? If you thump the ball or there is even the slightest deficiency in how you cue at the OB you will get a kick. Even Ronnie gets the odd kick since no cue action is 100% perfect at all times, but he gets far less than anyone else.

Postby Holden Chinaski

They should really start keeping stats on how many kicks the top players get at tournaments. Those percentages would be interesting. Would be great to see if some players have much more than others. Ronnie definitely gets much less. Also if he gets one, he doesn't moan as much about it.