Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 16 !!!

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:s/fan :hatoff:

S/fan - bacon rashers or onions rings ??

S/fan - is it okay to start drinking now ???

:wave:

S/fan - bacon rashers or onions rings ?? I personally prefer Onion Rings. The Tesco ones are quite nice, but cost a whopping £1.04. At Sainsburys, they are £1 and are fairly edible with a 4p saving. I get a big bag in sometimes when I'm having a drink with my mate. They keep promising to get some from the Asda near them. I need to tell them to remember next time.

S/fan - is it okay to start drinking now ??? I once went to the pub to watch an England rugby game when they were playing in Australia. It was about 9:30am and I was eating bacon sandiwches and having a pint, the staff didn't mind. In fact the dirtiest look I got was when I ordered a second bacon sandwich. Drinking before midday, fine. Enjoying their food so much I had seconds, I was the greediest of fat chameleons in their eyes....

Tesco onion rings and midget gems consumed, and I'm on my first bottle of Black Cherry bulmers. :D

Postby Cheshire Cat

Criminal that this is still a sprint to 7. I suppose I wouldn't be saying that if there were still a ton of lower ranked players, but I don't enjoy quite as much seeing such short matches between top players.

Still, should be a good day.

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:Criminal that this is still a sprint to 7. I suppose I wouldn't be saying that if there were still a ton of lower ranked players, but I don't enjoy quite as much seeing such short matches between top players.

Still, should be a good day.

Should be at least best of nine at this point in the tournament. <ok>

Postby Smart

AC or LT? wrote:Really hope we get a proper tournament in next year outside of the Worlds.

Last 128 and Last 64 off venue best of 17s.
Last 32 and Last 16 on venue best of 17s
Last and 16 and QFs on venue best of 19s
SF and Final on venue best of 25s.

troll :wave:

Postby AC or LT?

Smart wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:Really hope we get a proper tournament in next year outside of the Worlds.

How the hell is that trolling, I'm sure thousands of other fans want exactly the same. That'd do well as an UK Championship format.

Postby Smart

AC or LT? wrote:
Smart wrote:

How the hell is that trolling, I'm sure thousands of other fans want exactly the same. That'd do well as an UK Championship format.

:chin:

You been rumbled. Admin are watching your every move IMVHPO. :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:Robbo. What are you doing m8.

I'm not watching. Can you confirm what it is that he is doing for those of us following live scoring?

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:this black cherry cider is bucking lush :wave:

I dunno. Home on a week day, drinking in the morning, watching snooker....

#chavalert #benefitscrounger :wave:

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:

rofl

Have I mentioned I need a shave, not sure if I will have time to fit it in today :chin:

Postby Cheshire Cat

He took on a 'plant' in the first frame which he couldn't reach the potting angle for and ended up splitting up the remaining reds for Fu.

He also took a red to the middle, with about a foot between the white and red.. and missed it.

Second frame he's in, but pink and black are tied up atm so he's only playing with the blue.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Snookerbacker disses the BBC.

http://www.snookerbacker.com/2016/02/18 ... continues/

Monique's post says it all.

She was surprised they showed Ronnie's Match yesterday and Today.

this is a woman that runs a ronnie site and has personal dealings with Ronnie.

Showing Ronnie routs does nothing for the sport as a spectacle.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Snookerbacker disses the BBC.

http://www.snookerbacker.com/2016/02/18 ... continues/

Monique's post says it all.

They should have showed Ronnie's match AND somebody else's. There was no reason to have to choose. There was plenty of time to show more than one match....but they chose not to. <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

rofl

Have I mentioned I need a shave, not sure if I will have time to fit it in today :chin:

Have one this evening. Eurosport will only be putting on about an hour of coverage anyway. Saves time you doing it in the morning. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:He took on a 'plant' in the first frame which he couldn't reach the potting angle for and ended up splitting up the remaining reds for Fu.

He also took a red to the middle, with about a foot between the white and red.. and missed it.

Second frame he's in, but pink and black are tied up atm so he's only playing with the blue.

Thanks. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:Monique's post says it all.

I'm surprised that she's surprised.

Not because I disagree with her point, she's right. But because they always put Ronnie on, pretty much irregardless of who he is playing and what other matches are available. Eurosport are a TV channel, and they care about ratings, so they're going to put the player on brings in the most ratings if they can.

In an ideal world, they'd chose the match they believed to be the best. Unfortunately, that isn't their concern. Ratings are, as are pleasing the companies who pay for advertising space.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 18 Feb 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby AC or LT?

Smart wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:
Smart wrote:

I've been posting here for 4-5 years. I'd have to be one hell of a troll to stick around that long. I'm a genuine snooker fan getting more and more angry at the gradual decline of my sport. I don't care if he's Ronnie O'Sullivan no man in his 40s should be winning the Masters.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:Monique's post says it all.

I'm surprised that she's surprised.

Not because I disagree with her point, she's right. But because they always put Ronnie on, pretty much irregardless of who he is playing and what other matches are available. Eurosport are a TV channel, and they care about ratings, so they're going to put the player on brings in the most ratings if they can.

that worries me because Ronnie will be retiring at some point and stay retired will tv companies then pull the plug on snooker full stop?

Postby masterdoctorgenius

AC or LT? wrote:
Smart wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:
Smart wrote:

I've been posting here for 4-5 years. I'd have to be one hell of a troll to stick around that long. I'm a genuine snooker fan getting more and more angry at the gradual decline of my sport. I don't care if he's Ronnie O'Sullivan no man in his 40s should be winning the Masters.

wtf. he is still playing sublime snooker and whoever wins a tournament deserves it. age plays no role.

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:
Smart wrote:

we are watching everyone

Postby Holden Chinaski

They will always put Ronnie on. At least until the majority of the public wants to see someone else more. No point to keep going on about it year after year... :zzz:

Postby SnookerFan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:neil is in decline hahahha

Meaning he has another 15 or 20 ranking tournaments left in him.

I'm using the Snooker Island definition of the word 'decline'.

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:They will always put Ronnie on. At least until the majority of the public wants to see someone else more. No point to keep going on about it year after year... :zzz:

they should put the best match on and by constantly putting Ronnie on they are shafting the sport

i feel very bored watching Ronnie Murder rubbish on live tv