Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 32 !!!

Postby TheRocket

This is like watching the 2004 O'Sullivan. The scariest version of ROS.
Playing like a machine and wiping out the opponents in no time.

How great it'd be if he takes this form into the WC.

Postby Skullman

Cloud Strife wrote:Magic stuff. The whole 146 furore has spurred him on big time.

A cynical person might say he needed something like that to spur him on and did it intentionally for that reason.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:Joy to watch.

Not because of his antics or personality, but because of his cue action and snooker brain.

Ronnie's ability round the table is never in doubt, irregardless of what you think of his off table antics.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I personally think O'Sullivan's as good as he ever was.

He's in decline. :grrr: Been declining since 2008 or something rofl

Aye, people have been shouting decline at every opportunity with Sullivan. Generally people who don't like him.

I personally stand by my statements. Just because he puts in vintage performances now and again doesn't mean he's as good as he was. He's definitely mentally tougher consistently, which has probably helped him keep winning.

No disrespect Skull, but you haven't watched (almost) every Ronnie match since 2006. I did and I tell you Ronnie was never better than in the past 4 years. And I'm not even talking about mental strength, just his natural game.

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Magic stuff. The whole 146 furore has spurred him on big time.

A cynical person might say he needed something like that to spur him on and did it intentionally for that reason.

I'm not convinced he did it for that reason, but I do think it has revved him up enough to spur him towards the tournament win.

Last year he didn't like the venue, found it a distraction. This year he has been distracted from his distractions, if that makes sense.

Postby Skullman

Pink Ball wrote:The snooker hipsters are wrong. No chance he's declined. He's certainly miles better than he was between 2009 and 2011.

I'd say he was better in 2012-2013 than he is now overall. All dependent on consistency. If he keeps this form up beyond the Welsh, I will retract my statement of decline and accept any ridicule pointed my way.

Postby Holden Chinaski

I say it again, 2005 Masters final was Ronnie at his very best in my opinion. Destroyed a John Higgins playing his A game. I could not believe it. It was scary.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
No disrespect Skull, but you haven't watched (almost) every Ronnie match since 2006. I did and I tell you Ronnie was never better than in the past 4 years. And I'm not even talking about mental strength, just his natural game.

When I say decline, I mean he's not as good as he was in 2012/3. I think 2014 he flattered to deceive a lot more and got by on mental strength more than playing ability. I don't pretend to know anything about before I started watching, regardless of how much I've watched on YT.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Holden Chinaski wrote:I say it again, 2005 Masters final was Ronnie at his very best in my opinion. Destroyed a John Higgins playing his A game. I could not believe it. It was scary.

yeah. but he also played well the following year and lost. that steal from higgins. will never get over some shots. and the slow drop in of the red

Postby Pink Ball

I remember people rejoicing in 2011 when Higgins went ahead of him in world titles and claimed he was better than Ronnie because of that stat alone. Some even said Higgins was player of the 00's even though he trailed Sullivan significantly in the 00's. I'm glad people have been bitten since then.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Pink Ball wrote:I remember people rejoicing in 2011 when Higgins went ahead of him in world titles and claimed he was better than Ronnie because of that stat alone. Some even said Higgins was player of the 00's even though he trailed Sullivan significantly in the 00's. I'm glad people have been bitten since then.

JH relied on some heavy choking in his comeback season