Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 128!!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Interesting the commentators talking about the plus 40 brigade, and their 3 examples used are Ronnie O'Sullivan, John Higgins and Mark Williams.

Three of the greatest players of all time.

Postby Skullman

Holden Chinaski wrote:Snookerfan, snooker players are not the problem. They don't cause poverty.

Blame the banks, big companies llike Shell, Exxon, .... Even football players make a lot more money than Ronnie.

I think what Ronnie is saying is that the sponsors are making shitloads of money and more of that should go to the players..

I doubt he's saying that. Anyway, a sponsor will only put in more money if they get even more back.

Edit: Also, it's a bit stupid of ROS to expect as much money for a maximum as when he was starting out. They've slowed down recently, but for the last few season we were averaging 10 a season, while there were maybe 3 or 4 tops back then. It's not viable for the prize money to be the same.

Postby Cheshire Cat

SnookerFan wrote:Interesting the commentators talking about the plus 40 brigade, and their 3 examples used are Ronnie O'Sullivan, John Higgins and Mark Williams.

Three of the greatest players of all time.

I'd like to see MJW win at least one more big event.

Postby Skullman

I'll be honest, this feels so much like a PTC, down to the top player v no hoper on 1 TV table.

Might just not watch until Wednesday and use the time to get as much work done as possible for when the real stuff begins.

Postby Andy Spark

Skullman wrote:Edit: Also, it's a bit stupid of ROS to expect as much money for a maximum as when he was starting out. They've slowed down recently, but for the last few season we were averaging 10 a season, while there were maybe 3 or 4 tops back then. It's not viable for the prize money to be the same.

All they need to do is tighten the pockets.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:Snookerfan, snooker players are not the problem. They don't cause poverty.

Blame the banks, big companies llike Shell, Exxon, .... Even football players make a lot more money than Ronnie.

I think what Ronnie is saying is that the sponsors are making shitloads of money and more of that should go to the players..

I'm not blaming the snooker players for that. I'm not even sure why you thought I was.

All I am saying is his comments will cause anger amongst some people, because there are a lot of people for whom £10,000 is a hell of a lot of money.

I was trying to point out it wasn't really the fact that he scored a 146 instead of a 147 that really mattered.

Postby kolompar

SnookerFan wrote:Got John Higgins on.

I wonder what would've been the reaction if he had said ten grand wasn't enough....

:gag:

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:There going to be another match after this, or does it depend how long it goes?

I think Trump's on after Higgins. It should be streamed online, at the very least.

Trump? No. It's the champion of the world, Stuart Bingham <laugh>

Postby Skullman

Cloud Strife wrote:This Higgins match is marmite. Should've put Trump on instead.

Trump v Leslie would be as much of a mismatch.

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:This Higgins match is marmite. Should've put Trump on instead.

Trump v Leslie would be as much of a mismatch.

That was my thought. I thought he was suggesting there was some reason that would be better.

Postby SnookerFan

This was why I stopped going to the Welsh Open first round. Too many 4-0s in an hour or less.

I enjoyed it when I could spend £6 and watch for best of nines in a row.

Postby 151kbar151

Cloud Strife wrote:Does anyone remember when Andy Hicks used to be good?

Our commentator said that he used to be no. 17 and reached few rankings semis...

Postby 151kbar151

I'm more angry when Eurosport misses start of match because of these TOP 10 bullshits.
Last edited by 151kbar151 on 15 Feb 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Vallomas

Pakistani player Hamza Akbar was very close to his first professional win against Michael Holt, but he offered too many points after being snookered in the yellow and lost the decider in the colours, despite being 52-0 in front...

As for the talk of the town today, I am very-very annoyed with Ronnie's attitude.
Last edited by Vallomas on 15 Feb 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

no maxi.

why tf hearn tells that maxi are common and are easy to do nowadays and not special anymore so the hb prizes are down.

look how many feel the buzz and pressure to do them. santos and selby couldnt do it. un nooh missed the last black. they arent easy