Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 128!!!!!

Postby eraserhead

QSM wrote:Luca comes from 3-1 down to defeat Burns in the decider on the final black. :D

I don't like how close he let's people get to beating him, but Luca marches on. :happy:

Postby SnookerFan

would of been cooler than cool if he had asked the ref who her favourite charity was (AUDIBLY) then did the 147 and agreed to give the max bonus to her charity..... :wave:

Postby stateofwonder

SnookerFan wrote:would of been cooler than cool if he had asked the ref who her favourite charity was (AUDIBLY) then did the 147 and agreed to give the max bonus to her charity..... :wave:

That sounds like something Shaun Murphy might do... :irk:

Postby LC

Although it's not great what Ronnie did, I'd rather he did maxi, it has got snooker on the main stories on sports websites, which is quite good for a tin pot event like this

Postby SnookerFan

LC wrote:Although it's not great what Ronnie did, I'd rather he did maxi, it has got snooker on the main stories on sports websites, which is quite good for a tin pot event like this

I think it's a bit of a shame, because it implies than Ronnie's action is more interesting than every other match today combined.

Postby Holden Chinaski

eraserhead wrote:
QSM wrote:Luca comes from 3-1 down to defeat Burns in the decider on the final black. :D

I don't like how close he let's people get to beating him, but Luca marches on. :happy:

:happy:

Postby snooky147

LC wrote:Although it's not great what Ronnie did, I'd rather he did maxi, it has got snooker on the main stories on sports websites, which is quite good for a tin pot event like this

What about all those in the crowd that had never seen a maximum before?, How do they feel that he cares so little about them and what about those who had a bet on a Max?.
He is always going on about the crowds being great, well he let them down today. Selfish and irresponsible hammer in my opinion.

Postby SnookerFan

kolompar wrote:Did Ronnie not win the Worlds last two years because £300k wasn't enough?

Of course not.

That would imply his comments about being skint and struggling to put his kids' through school were just a lie. :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

snooky147 wrote:What about all those in the crowd that had never seen a maximum before?, How do they feel that he cares so little about them and what about those who had a bet on a Max?.
He is always going on about the crowds being great, well he let them down today. Selfish and irresponsible hammer in my opinion.

What about them? It's not a players job to worry about what people are betting on. The whole point of betting is that you don't know what's going to happen and are trying to guess. Shouldn't bet the money, if you can't afford to lose it.

Postby kolompar

SnookerFan wrote:Was it Cao Yupeng that Ali Carter played at The Crucible one year?

I think that was the one I had tickets to, but ended up feeling sick in my hotel room instead. One year, I woke up in the morning, had a fry up, puked and then managed to make it to the first two session anyway. Stupidly, I then went for a Chinese meal before the evening session, and just felt too groggy.

I had a right go at myself for overdoing in the hotel bar the night before, because I could go out on the snake hiss any time, and I'd effectively cost myself a session of snooker for being too hungover. Afterwards, I found out a few of the player had had a stomach bug, so I told myeself I'd probably had that, and felt a bit less stupid. Though the eight or nine pints of lager the night before probably didn't help. :gag:

Sorry to share that. I just saw the live score, and was reminded about the time I felt unwell. I thought it'd be nice to gross everyone out.

No, it wasn't him :|

Postby snooky147

SnookerFan wrote:
snooky147 wrote:What about all those in the crowd that had never seen a maximum before?, How do they feel that he cares so little about them and what about those who had a bet on a Max?.

What about them? It's not a players job to worry about what people are betting on. The whole point of betting is that you don't know what's going to happen and are trying to guess. Shouldn't bet the money, if you can't afford to lose it.

yes but at the same time when a player has a clear chance like O'sullivan had you can expect him to go for it, not to give the finger to the fans and the tournament by taking the pink. He is in the wrong here.

Postby fridge46

SnookerFan wrote:
fridge46 wrote:Dale rofl

What happened?

Talking about WIlliams:

"his opponent doesnt know anything about the game of snooker"

Dale doesnt sugarcoat anything haha

Postby SnookerFan

fridge46 wrote:Talking about WIlliams:

"his opponent doesnt know anything about the game of snooker"

Dale doesnt sugarcoat anything haha

bucking hell. Did he really say that? rofl

That sounds like Hendry's analysis of somebody not in the top-16.

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:You should have put it in the ET5 section.

rofl

If I don't post again this week, it'll be because mods have banned me.

Fingers crossed.

(That they ban you.)