Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 128!!!!!

Postby eraserhead

Ronnie! rofl

Ding beats anyone. :bowdown:

Mags :wave:

Interesting start for the welsh open, cracking 146 from Ronnie.

Postby Cheshire Cat

I was a bit miffed, but he seemed in a good place in the post-match interview and for me that's all that matters. Just want to see him play and enjoy himself.

Postby Cloud Strife

masterdoctorgenius wrote:O'Sullivan: "I could've got on the black and made the 147. To make a maxi is a massive achievement, but there's only £10,000 for it."

Hearn. :td:

Postby Andy Spark

Make no mistake, in 2010 we saw the max that was nearly refused by Ronnie, this year we saw the max that was actually refused. Brilliant! <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:he had to work for his max attempt. ronnie could have made it without any fuss but purposly played pos on the pink

Has Selby had a 147 attempt today? I've not followed every match.

Postby 151kbar151

masterdoctorgenius wrote:O'Sullivan: "I could've got on the black and made the 147. To make a maxi is a massive achievement, but there's only £10,000 for it."

Honestly, Ronnie is very last player who should care about money, he already made money for rest of his life.

Postby SnookerFan

Only £10,000, hey? I'm lucky enough that I am able to cover my bills, and still attend the odd snooker weekend. But there are a lot of people working their bullocks off all week in this country, who are struggling to eat, struggling to pay rent and struggling to live. And Ronnie thinks 10k for the few minutes work it'd take to for him to make a maximum isn't enough money? It's hard to make a case against that being a twattish comment.

Like I said, the fans have seen a 146, which is rarer than a 147. So, in that respect, they can still claim to have seen something special. I've seen three 147s in proper tournaments and two more in Snooker Legends. Not sure I've ever seen a 146. :lol: So, at least for the fans, there is that consolation.

Postby SnookerFan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:the 146 break was just like the penalty from messi yesterday

What happened with the Messi penalty?

Did he decided the prize money for scoring a penalty wasn't enough? rofl

Postby Cheshire Cat

You get the same amount of money for making the last 64 of the Welsh Open as you would for making a maxi. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:you could tell he was going to do something unusual cos he kept asking the scorer / ref about the prize....it was a calculated decision on his part, would of been better without the "only 10K comment" if that's what he said. I did not see the interview. :wave:

To be honest, making a 146 isn't a big deal in itself. He made a match winning break, getting the 147 is just a bonus. That's pretty much always been my view.

Making out that £10,000 isn't a lot of money is a dumb thing to say. Especially when that's a fortune for a lot of the people who are watching him. (I'm taking people's word on here that he did say this. In fairness, I didn't hear it myself, so if he hasn't said this than I have no real problem with the 146.)