Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 128!!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
whitespider wrote:Am I the only one thinking that all these matches on one day is actually quite appealing? From a fans perspective you can show up on this one day and watch whoever on the tour you like. Probably for 16 hours straight. :mosh2:

Pity I'm not going.

Agreed - I'm tempted to go up just for that day

I hope you're going to be hanging around for a drink post-final, sir. :wave:

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
whitespider wrote:Am I the only one thinking that all these matches on one day is actually quite appealing? From a fans perspective you can show up on this one day and watch whoever on the tour you like. Probably for 16 hours straight. :mosh2:

Pity I'm not going.

who with ?? :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Pity I'm not going.

Your wife. :bird:

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Pity I'm not going.

Your wife. :bird:

rofl

Postby TheSaviour

Seems that it is the Rocket versus Barry Pinches what they are (also) streaming today! Great. Ronnie might well get beat here straight away. Pinches is a way, way much better player than his achievements and rankings might suggest. A very tough and skillfull MATCH PLAYER. I would see this almost like a 50-50 match, especially if it is those short match formats what they are using here again. Obviously bookies got it wrong, but I still wouldn´t or make any Pinches bets. I am just saying. I won´t make any Pinches bets because it is kind of "O´Sullivan is going to win anyway.." - case.. Even if I still see it almost as a 50-50 match. But certainly won´t make O´Sullivan bets either.. Might be a bit confusing, but..

COME ON RONNIE!! :cracker:

Postby Smart

TheSaviour wrote:Seems that it is the Rocket versus Barry Pinches what they are (also) streaming today! Great. Ronnie might well get beat here straight away. Pinches is a way, way much better player than his achievements and rankings might suggest. A very tough and skillfull MATCH PLAYER. I would see this almost like a 50-50 match, especially if it is those short match formats what they are using here again. Obviously bookies got it wrong, but I still wouldn´t or make any Pinches bets. I am just saying. I won´t make any Pinches bets because it is kind of "O´Sullivan is going to win anyway.." - case.. Even if I still see it almost as a 50-50 match. But certainly won´t make O´Sullivan bets either.. Might be a bit confusing, but..

:?

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:Seems that it is the Rocket versus Barry Pinches what they are (also) streaming today! Great. Ronnie might well get beat here straight away. Pinches is a way, way much better player than his achievements and rankings might suggest. A very tough and skillfull MATCH PLAYER. I would see this almost like a 50-50 match, especially if it is those short match formats what they are using here again. Obviously bookies got it wrong, but I still wouldn´t or make any Pinches bets. I am just saying. I won´t make any Pinches bets because it is kind of "O´Sullivan is going to win anyway.." - case.. Even if I still see it almost as a 50-50 match. But certainly won´t make O´Sullivan bets either.. Might be a bit confusing, but..

Couldn't be more surprised.

Postby SnookerFan

Off the top of your head, does anybody know what round Ronnie and Judd can play each other in?

I've got tickets to the final, and it'd be typical if I had to watch my two least favourite players.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:Off the top of your head, does anybody know what round Ronnie and Judd can play each other in?

I've got tickets to the final, and it'd be typical if I had to watch my two least favourite players.

Arguably the two best exponents of our beautiful game playing currently. And you've decided not to like them. How you can call yourself a Snookerfan and not like watching Ronnie play is just being contrary for the sake of it. Change your name to MaryContrary.

Yes - look forward to that beer :)

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Arguably the two best exponents of our beautiful game playing currently. And you've decided not to like them. How you can call yourself a Snookerfan and not like watching Ronnie play is just being contrary for the sake of it. Change your name to MaryContrary.

Can't win on this site, when I said I had no one favourite player this forum nearly went into meltdown telling me to show more opinion. rofl

I just find it hard to root for a player who I don't like as a person, and though he is a lot better than he used to be, I've found a lot of Ronnie's off-table antics in the past off putting, so I've never liked him. However much that offends the status quo amongst doesn't matter, as it's my opinion and not others.

Judd also, I find it hard to relate to. I don't dislike him as such, but he's just such a different person to me. I've never had any real interest in cars or in shoes or anything, so have never felt any real kinship with him. As said, it's more important to me to like a person if I am going to be cheering for in sport, but that's just me.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Arguably the two best exponents of our beautiful game playing currently. And you've decided not to like them. How you can call yourself a Snookerfan and not like watching Ronnie play is just being contrary for the sake of it. Change your name to MaryContrary.

Can't win on this site, when I said I had no one favourite player this forum nearly went into meltdown telling me to show more opinion. rofl

Buck off, you've won everything there is to win on this site!!! :)

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Buck off, you've won everything there is to win on this site!!! :)

Apart from the right to dislke whatever players I want, apparently. :wild:

rofl I should make a poll about that.

Postby PoolBoy

SnookerFan wrote:Off the top of your head, does anybody know what round Ronnie and Judd can play each other in?

It would be in the Semi-finals if they were to meet, SnookerFan!

Postby Holden Chinaski

I don't think we know how any player is as a person. We only know them as snooker players with a camera on them. In their private life they're probably totally different.

I think Ronnie has done many nice things, like comforting Ding when he was crying and telling the crowd to shut up, and giving his cue to a young fan.. I think Ronnie is the kind of person who doesn't like the spotlight and doesn't know how to act when there's a camera on him... I think he's a nice guy.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:I don't think we know how any player is as a person. We only know them as snooker players with a camera on them. In their private life they're probably totally different.

I think Ronnie has done many nice things, like comforting Ding when he was crying and telling the crowd to shut up, and giving his cue to a young fan.. I think Ronnie is the kind of person who doesn't like the spotlight and doesn't know how to act when there's a camera on him... I think he's a nice guy.

I'll agree with you that it was good of him to comfort Ding, I claimed that at the time. And I'll always say if I think the media/papers/commentators blow something he's done out of proportion. (Like the shoe thing at The Crucible. They made out that was terrible behaviour, it wasn't.)

I'm sure all the players are different away from the cameras/public eye. But that doesn't mean we can't dislike them in terms of rooting for them in a sporting contest. A lot of people don't like Shaun Murphy giving his opinion of evertyhing in interviews, for example. Should those people start cheering for him to win, just because they don't know him well in real life?

I'm half winding Dan up anyway, we should all be able to like whomever we want on the snooker table. I was merely stating who I like.

Postby SnookerFan

Whilst we're talking about Ronnie though, and before you lot slit your wrists at the thought of one person not liking the same player that you do, I will concede his point made last year. The first round of this tournament is a clusterfuck, too many matches to fit into one day.

That's more the way the tournament has been arranged, rather than the fault of the Motorpoint though. I'd have preferred this tournament to be a couple of days longer to accomodate the amount matches.

But you can see what he was trying to say.

Postby Cloud Strife

Smart wrote:Pinches looks to have aged about 15 years since I last saw him :wave:

Before today did you last see him 15 years ago, by any chance?