Post a reply

Re: Tickets for Welsh Open on sale tomorrow

Postby Master Blaster

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Well, I probably won't be seeing him in The Trader's Tavern nearby. Word is, he was barred.

Ronnie?

Correct.

CAN you REVEAL the DETAILS behind THIS barring OF ronald ANTONIO o'sullivan ? :wave:

Yeah, he went in, ordered a 147 coffee and they said they only did pints. So he says he'll have a pint of 147 coffee. He was asked to leave immediately after they told him that nescafe instant was good enough for the Welsh so there'd be no 147 coffee for fancy Londoners. rofl That's the absolute Babe Ruth.

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
CAN you REVEAL the DETAILS behind THIS barring OF ronald ANTONIO o'sullivan ? :wave:

Holden Chinaski wrote:Sounds like bull to me.

Word was last year, that the landlord of the pub is friends with upper level staff at the Motorpoint. (It's situated gobbing distance from the venue.) He realised how hard staff had worked to get it ready for the snooker, and didn't take kindly to Ronnie's criticisms of the venue last year. So officially barred him, despite the fact that as far as I am aware Ronnie never stepped foot in the place.

Not sure how strictly it would be enforced, to be fair. rofl

Postby Master Blaster

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:

Holden Chinaski wrote:Sounds like bull to me.

Word was last year, that the landlord of the pub is friends with upper level staff at the Motorpoint. (It's situated gobbing distance from the venue.) He realised how hard staff had worked to get it ready for the snooker, and didn't take kindly to Ronnie's criticisms of the venue last year. So officially barred him, despite the fact that as far as I am aware Ronnie never stepped foot in the place.

Not sure how strictly it would be enforced, to be fair. rofl

rofl The big fish at the bottom is really bothered by the pond skater jumping up and down rofl

What a tube that guy is. Has he ever thought that when a legend, 50% of the game, the GOAT says it ain't pukka, that there might be some truth in what ROS says? It doesn't matter how hard the staff try, if it ain't pukka, it ain't pukka. Swansea has no trouble keeping the players happy. If Cardiff can't, there we go.

Postby SnookerFan

I'm coming at this from somebody who was only there for the Saturday and Sunday, not the entire week. But from what I saw, the Motorpoint's problems were very much down to inexperience of hosting snooker, rather than anything else.

Example. The semi-final day, I got round there at midday, and weren't allowed in an hour in advance. I'd been bodding around Cardiff for a bit, and had wanted to soak up the atmosphere of a venue I hadn't tried. We weren't allowed in until 12:15. On getting in, we were told the told the main bit where the tables were, wouldn't be open until 12:30, due to them 'not being ready'. I didn't believe that, because they'd had all night to downscale to the one table set-up.

Anyway, after hundreds of people were squeezed into a small foyer/bar area, a woman asked if she could go to the toilet. She was told she wasn't allowed. The toilets were situated in the table area, and not the foyer and she wasn't allowed in. :? Anyway, a load of us stood by the door, waiting to be let in, only to be told by the guy holding the door, "Sorry, we aren't letting people in this door on Saturdays, I've just been informed. Please walk round the other side."

All a bit weird, but hopefully they'll iron kinks like that out before next year, when they know what they're doing.