Post a reply

Re: Tickets for Welsh Open on sale tomorrow

Postby Cue Guru

SnookerFan wrote:I'm coming at this from somebody who was only there for the Saturday and Sunday, not the entire week. But from what I saw, the Motorpoint's problems were very much down to inexperience of hosting snooker, rather than anything else.

Example. The semi-final day, I got round there at midday, and weren't allowed in an hour in advance. I'd been bodding around Cardiff for a bit, and had wanted to soak up the atmosphere of a venue I hadn't tried. We weren't allowed in until 12:15. On getting in, we were told the told the main bit where the tables were, wouldn't be open until 12:30, due to them 'not being ready'. I didn't believe that, because they'd had all night to downscale to the one table set-up.

Anyway, after hundreds of people were squeezed into a small foyer/bar area, a woman asked if she could go to the toilet. She was told she wasn't allowed. The toilets were situated in the table area, and not the foyer and she wasn't allowed in. :? Anyway, a load of us stood by the door, waiting to be let in, only to be told by the guy holding the door, "Sorry, we aren't letting people in this door on Saturdays, I've just been informed. Please walk round the other side."

All a bit weird, but hopefully they'll iron kinks like that out before next year, when they know what they're doing.

Retards: it's illegal to not provide/deny toilet facilities where a bar is present. I'm with Ronnie on this; amateurs.

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:Did the old lady snake hiss herself ??? :wave:

Sense prevailed and they let her into the 'table area'. A few other of us went too, but they were quick to usher us back out. A bit like children.

To be fair, I think Ronnie's objection was more about the amount of tables. Not the organisational facilities in the drinking area.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:Did the old lady snake hiss herself ??? :wave:

Sense prevailed and they let her into the 'table area'. A few other of us went too, but they were quick to usher us back out. A bit like children.

To be fair, I think Ronnie's objection was more about the amount of tables. Not the organisational facilities in the drinking area.

thanks for getting back to me. I have to confess to having a very troubled sleep last night wondering did she, didn't she - snake hiss HERSELF due to those chameleons at the Motorpoint !!!

Poor old bag. :wave: