Post a reply

Re: 918.Com German Masters Semi Finals !!

Postby NNear

NNear wrote:Goulden chance for 5-1 here (yeh I'm sure that's been used 100 times - lol).

Excellent chance.

5-1 Gould.

... meant to edit the last post not quote it.
Last edited by NNear on 06 Feb 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby TheRocket

Gould won't get a better chance to win his first ranking tournament. And especially not a better opponent in the final should he win this semi now.

Same for Brecel. Hopefully one of them will win this at the end.

Postby NNear

TheRocket wrote:Gould won't get a better chance to win his first ranking tournament. And especially not a better opponent in the final should he win this semi now.

I see Kyren Wilson as the favourite, really. He's won a ranker and he's a superb professional.

Postby hendry_fan

Well,thats it for Graeme in this tourney i,m afraid,no way he,ll comeback now.

Well done to Gouldy,reaches his 3rd rankin final. <ok>

He did,nt play that great himself this afternoon,but who cares,won is won.

Postby eraserhead

NNear wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Gould won't get a better chance to win his first ranking tournament. And especially not a better opponent in the final should he win this semi now.

I see Kyren Wilson as the favourite, really. He's won a ranker and he's a superb professional.

I'm torn I think it would be great for Luca to get to a final but kyren would have a better chance of winning.

Postby NNear

eraserhead wrote:
NNear wrote:

I'm torn I think it would be great for Luca to get to a final but kyren would have a better chance of winning.

I'm all for new blood, and Kyren has had his breakthrough, so it would be great to see Brecel get his. However, Gould has been toiling and toiling away, and I'd like to see him take his first major ranking title.

No matter who wins, it's all good. It's good to see that the scene isn't stagnant.

Postby TheRocket

NNear wrote:

I agree.
Wilson and Gould have quite a similar game but mentally Wilson is definitely stronger and that could be the key factor tomorrow should they meet.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Gould takes an early lead and even goes on to be the first to win 8 frames but then lose in the decider. You just never know with this guy. The choking danger exists all the time which is a pity. A little bit similar to Matthew Stevens even though Mattew obviously did in on a much bigger level (like in WC semis and finals).

Postby NNear

SnookerFan wrote:
NNear wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Dott bungles a long red. Then bungles the fluke.

:sad: Unforgiveable. :evilgrin:

This post is a bungle.

Woot. I was acknowledging your wit. :-(

Postby eraserhead

NNear wrote:I'm all for new blood, and Kyren has had his breakthrough, so it would be great to see Brecel get his. However, Gould has been toiling and toiling away, and I'd like to see him take his first major ranking title.

No matter who wins, it's all good. It's good to see that the scene isn't stagnant.

I agree I always kept an eye on Kyren's matches to see how far he was getting, was thrilled when he won in Shanghai. It's good to see him at business end of this.

Postby SnookerFan

NNear wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
NNear wrote:

This post is a bungle.

Sorry. Are we still friends? :-(

Postby NNear

SnookerFan wrote:
NNear wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
NNear wrote:

This post is a bungle.

Sorry. Are we still friends? :-(

Absolutely.

Watching Gould fluff up such pots so regularly at this sort of stage, it's frankly hard to imagine him winning the final. If he faces Brecel, then perhaps he'd be facing an equally anxious opponent.