Post a reply

Re: 918.Com German Masters Semi Finals !!

Postby hendry_fan

eraserhead wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:No guest commentator today?

Careful what you wish for snoookerfan. :D

rofl rofl

If he gets a bit bored with Ronnies commentatin,he could always go and hunt for sum crisps in his carpet. :-D
Last edited by hendry_fan on 06 Feb 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby hendry_fan

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Dott is gonna win 6-4.

Would not surprise me.

First choke from Gould,can Dott take adavantage. :-)

Postby NNear

SnookerFan wrote:
NNear wrote:Ronnie does ramble on a bit (a lot), but I do actually like his commentary.

How do you find Martin Gould compares to Higgins? :wave:

Cleaner booths.

Postby NNear

hendry_fan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Would not surprise me.

There's a drinking game in this somewhere. :innocent:

Postby hendry_fan

NNear wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Would not surprise me.

There's a drinking game in this somewhere. :innocent:

I have to say,i also like Ronnies commentary,who knows,maybe finaly after all these years i might finaly start to like him. :love: :-D

Postby NNear

eraserhead wrote:Yeah he started out a bit rambly saying er a lot but he's giving some good insight. :hatoff:

Yep. In time, hopefully he'd lose all the extras and keep all the insight.

Postby NNear

hendry_fan wrote:
I have to say,i also like Ronnies commentary,who knows,maybe finaly after all these years i might finaly start to like him. :love: :-D

Lol, as long as Hendry's WSC record is safe. ;-)

In all seriousness, I think Ronnie is a lot more likeable now than he was 10 years ago (and further). It's also clear that he has mad respect for his rivals, and a part of me thinks that's why he's still competitive at the highest level at this stage; not just talent and such but he never really feels he's ahead of his rivals - he lacks a certain complacency. He talked about how he was intently studying all the players while taking another break.. at age 39/40.

It would be nice eventually to hear him do some commentary with Hendry after he's done with his career.

Also, I doubt Ronnie will ever consider himself the best, even if he equalled Hendry's record (which I think is unlikely). He's got way too much respect for Hendry and even Higgins. Ronnie knows their greatness first-hand.

Postby hendry_fan

NNear wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:

Lol, as long as Hendry's WSC record is safe. ;-)

In all seriousness, I think Ronnie is a lot more likeable now than he was 10 years ago (and further). It's also clear that he has mad respect for his rivals, and a part of me thinks that's why he's still competitive at the highest level at this stage; not just talent and such but he never really feels he's ahead of his rivals - he lacks a certain complacency. He talked about how he was intently studying all the players while taking another break.. at age 39/40.

It would be nice eventually to hear him do some commentary with Hendry after he's done with his career.

Also, I doubt Ronnie will ever consider himself the best, even if he equalled Hendry's record (which I think is unlikely). He's got way too much respect for Hendry and even Higgins. Ronnie knows their greatness first-hand.

Yep,as long as Hendry's WSC record is safe. <laugh>

Now that would be sumthin,Hendry n Ronnie together in the commetry box. <cool>

Postby eraserhead

Nothing going right for Dott, is there any good reason they won't let players practice on the table before matches?

Postby hendry_fan

eraserhead wrote:Nothing going right for Dott, is there any good reason they won't let players practice on the table before matches?

"Nothing going right for Dott"

Yep,everyone who plays snooker themselves knows full well how difficult,frustratin,annoying it can be when as you say,when nuthin goes right,or hardly goes right.

Some frames,matches,everything seems to go against you,you hardly get any run o the ball,your opponent gets away with a lot when they miss,kisses,cannons hardly work out,etc. :shrug: