Post a reply

Neil Robertson

Postby 151kbar151

Why he decided to skip German Masters as player and rather is providing analysis for Eurosport? I thought he is one of the players who are playing at every tournament.

Re: Neil Robertson

Postby Pink Ball

151kbar151 wrote:Why he decided to skip German Masters as player and rather is providing analysis for Eurosport? I thought he is one of the players who are playing at every tournament.

He didn't skip it, he got his bottom handed to him in a humiliating defeat in the qualifiers. It was a truly shameful performance.

Postby SnookerFan

Yeah, he lost in qualifiers. It wasn't through choice.

Though, I'm not sure why Pink Ball is so against him. I think Robbo bullied him at school, or was caught banging his girlfriend or something.

Postby 151kbar151

He lost in qualifying? My oh my, another one after Ronnie. I hate this system, good old Top 16 seeding for every tournament. This is rubbish, why best players in the world have to qualify? This isn't in any other sport.
BTW He lost 1-5 (!!!) to Hugill, a player who I never heard about before. How the heck this happened?

Postby SnookerFan

I must confess, I liked the old top-16 approach, but I've got used to the flat 128. I don't particularly mind it.

As long as there's more televised snooker, I aint moaning.

Postby 151kbar151

Yes, but there are lot of tournaments and if even Top 16 players have to play qualifications, they have even less time on their personal life, family, hobbies, etc. And personally, I will soon have burnout from having to play that much competition snooker.

Postby Wildey

151kbar151 wrote:He lost in qualifying? My oh my, another one after Ronnie. I hate this system, good old Top 16 seeding for every tournament. This is rubbish, why best players in the world have to qualify? This isn't in any other sport.
BTW He lost 1-5 (!!!) to Hugill, a player who I never heard about before. How the heck this happened?

its not qualifying

they were not good enough to reach the last 32