Post a reply

Re: 918.Com German Masters Last 32 !!

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:This tournament could be so much better, if only they gave it a few organizational tweaks.

like what?

Extend it to a full week, so that they don't have to squeeze so many matches in at once. An extra televised table as well so that we have something to watch if the TV tables have had quick one-sides beatdowns like it has been the case today.

These are common complaints already expressed by many people, tbh. No sign of anything changing though.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:This tournament could be so much better, if only they gave it a few organizational tweaks.

like what?

Extend it to a full week, so that they don't have to squeeze so many matches in at once. An extra televised table as well so that we have something to watch if the TV tables have had quick one-sides beatdowns like it has been the case today.

These are common complaints already expressed by many people, tbh. No sign of anything changing though.

totally agree

Postby Cloud Strife

DAY 1 TABLE

34 SMART 6 - 2
30 ANDRE147 6 - 1
28 SUNDAYGIRL 6 - 1
28 KING.KAUTO 6 - 1
28 THECLEAVER 6 - 1
28 JMAL1 6 - 1
28 KOLOMPAR 6 - 1
28 ERASERHEAD 6 - 1
24 CLARA8633 6 - 0
24 PLTHEREF 6 - 0
20 WILDEY 5 - 0
20 CLOUD STRIFE 4 - 1
20 PASUNEGIRAFE 4 - 1

Postby PLtheRef

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:

like what?

I think the nature of the venue supports it more as having one table with the outside tables - I don't think the venue supports having two main dedicated focus tables in the same way that a two table situation would have looked out of place at the Wembley Conference Centre.

Playing multiple matches in the one day is one of the reasons why this and the Welsh are almost seen as PTCs with longer formats. I think it'd be improved a bit if we went to six days and spent two days on the Last 32, with the Last 16 on Thursday - Quarters on Friday and so on. If you wanted to have five tables still in operation you could hold four Last 64 matches over from qualifying into the venue.

Day 1 - Tuesday Afternoon 4 x Last 32 Matches, Evening 4 x Last 32 Matches
Day 2 - Wednesday - Afternoon 4 x Last 32 Matches, Evening 4 x Last 32 Matches
Day 3 - Thursday Afternoon 4 x Last 16 Matches, Evening 4 x Last 16 Matches
Day 4 - Friday Afternoon 2 x quarter-final matches, Evening 2 x quarter-final matches
Day 5 - Saturday Afternoon 1 Semi-Final, Evening, 2nd Semi-Final
Day 6 - Sunday - Final

Postby Wildey

Great response from Zhao Xintong after a impressive first 2 frames from Luca Brecel

Postby Wildey

Allen 0-1 Joyce
Marco Fu 0-2 Maflin
Luca Brecel 2-1 Zhao Xintong

Postby SnookerFan

Mark Allen on Twitter yesterday;

Mark Allen ‏@pistol147 Off to Berlin for the German masters. Play at 9am uk time tomorrow. Being highest ranked I should be on tv. Can't wait!! @WorldSnooker1

Mark Allen on Twitter today;

Mark Allen ‏@pistol147 I've finally done it!! I've been pushed down the pecking order so far that there are 3 matches this morning and I'm on table 4!!!! Ha ha

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:Mark Allen on Twitter yesterday;

Mark Allen ‏@pistol147 Off to Berlin for the German masters. Play at 9am uk time tomorrow. Being highest ranked I should be on tv. Can't wait!! @WorldSnooker1

Mark Allen on Twitter today;

Mark Allen ‏@pistol147 I've finally done it!! I've been pushed down the pecking order so far that there are 3 matches this morning and I'm on table 4!!!! Ha ha

Mark Allen 2-0 down. rofl

Postby Cue Guru

Apart from desk fan, there doesn't seem to be much interest on here, is that down to the lack of box office players?

Postby Wildey

Latest Scores

Brecel 3-1 Zhao Xintong
Alen 0-3 Joyce
Marco Fu 1-3 Maflin

Postby SnookerFan

whitespider wrote:More likely people are either

a) at work
b) still in bed

Yes. I'd suspect that 9am on a weekday, most people are in the office. (Like me, who is basically skiving off by coming on and talking about snooker.)

Be a bit of a shame if people on a snooker forum couldn't be fussed to watch just because a few top names lost early.