Post a reply

Re: 918.com German Masters Last 128 and 64 !!!!!

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I agree. But you said "I don't see MJW losing to Ronnie at all". :chin:

I meant in this match, not ever. :roll:

Don't you want to say "I don't see Ronnie losing to MJW at all"? :shrug:

Postby Andre147

Of course Ronnie won't lose to MJW. IC result was more of a fluke than anything else. Ronnie couldn't have played worse and still got 5 frames, just imagine if he had played well... he would thrashed poor MJW like most of their meetings the past 12 years. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I agree. But you said "I don't see MJW losing to Ronnie at all". :chin:

I meant in this match, not ever. :roll:

Don't you want to say "I don't see Ronnie losing to MJW at all"? :shrug:

Oh, I see what you mean. <doh> I'll edit it, so people aren't confused.

I, of course, meant that Ronnie will win this match.

Postby Prop

motorhead wrote:
Prop wrote:Q&A quote sessions on Twitter a couple of weeks ago, and got really defensive when I asked him a genuine question. And yes, the subject was kicks and bounces.

what was the question?

Sorry mate, didn't see you'd replied there. 

I asked him what he thought of Selby on a max (in the uk) that broke down but showed nonetheless that some players weren't phased by the conditions he was complaining about.

And actually, it wasn't REALLY defensive, but I got the feeling he didn't want to entertain the question in the slightest. Ivory tower stuff.

Funny also that he tried spouting some impossible physics theory a couple of days later and had to back down when he realised he was talking nonsense. 

But I don't dislike him. I just can't like him, when he insists for example that when a pro misses what looks like an easy pot then 9 times out of 10 it's a kick. Got to call bulls**t on that I'm afraid.

Just can't take that seriously.

Postby SnookerFan

I tell you what, I got bastard sick of listening to Murphy at the UK Championship. Every mid-session, we get the BBC coming in with another 'interesting' feature, where Smurph goes; "We sometimes get kicks, waaaah!" <doh>

Why do they give this twaddle air time? I've yet to see one person who has expressed interest in Murphy's opinions on how to eradicate kicks, yet the BBC keep rolling him out. It wouldn't be so bad if it was the first tournament, but he seems to have spent every BBC tournament for the last 100 years moaning about it. He's the only person who cares.

At least when I have tickets to his match at The Masters, it'll spare me having to listen to him talk. rofl (The same probably goes for Mark Allen too, actually.)

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Of course Ronnie won't lose to MJW. IC result was more of a fluke than anything else. Ronnie couldn't have played worse and still got 5 frames, just imagine if he had played well... he would thrashed poor MJW like most of their meetings the past 12 years. <ok>

He lost to Stuart Carrington i never saw that coming in a million years never mind 12 years.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Of course Ronnie won't lose to MJW. IC result was more of a fluke than anything else. Ronnie couldn't have played worse and still got 5 frames, just imagine if he had played well... he would thrashed poor MJW like most of their meetings the past 12 years. <ok>

He lost to Stuart Carrington i never saw that coming in a million years never mind 12 years.

That was the German Masters. Not a big surprise to see Ronnie lose in tournaments like that, especially after having a year off. Major tournaments are a different story. He will play better at The Masters.

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:

That was the German Masters. Not a big surprise to see Ronnie lose in tournaments like that, especially after having a year off. Major tournaments are a different story. He will play better at The Masters.

famous last words

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:

famous last words

Daffodil. :bum:

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Damn it, I'm bummed Ronnie won't play in Berlin. The Welsh Open will be his next tournament I assume? Also he's not currently qualified for the World Grand Prix, or is he?

Given he hated the Welsh Open venue last year, I say I wouldn't be too surprised actually if he skipped Welsh altogether.

What he really should have made sure was German Masters, absolutely great event, he would have played Mark King his first match at venue, and then likely Allen next...

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:

famous last words

:wave: Is he not playing better at the Masters, Wild? Good enough to beat the world number one at least...

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Damn it, I'm bummed Ronnie won't play in Berlin. The Welsh Open will be his next tournament I assume? Also he's not currently qualified for the World Grand Prix, or is he?

Given he hated the Welsh Open venue last year, I say I wouldn't be too surprised actually if he skipped Welsh altogether.

What he really should have made sure was German Masters, absolutely great event, he would have played Mark King his first match at venue, and then likely Allen next...

Just checked with the World Grand Prix which is a ranking event this season. Looks like he would have to win the Welsh Open to still make the cut (or win the PTC in Poland + good run in the Welsh Open).

If he skips the Welsh Open as you suggested, Ronnie's next tournament might be the World Championship.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:

It think, it's fair to say that after the Masters his whole focus will be on the WC. And just on the WC. And will be interesting to see whether he plays in China. Would be nice for the chinese Snookerfans if he does even though he never really played his best game in China.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:

famous last words

:wave: Is he not playing better at the Masters, Wild? Good enough to beat the world number one at least...

<laugh> :clap:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

It think, it's fair to say that after the Masters his whole focus will be on the WC. And just on the WC. And will be interesting to see whether he plays in China. Would be nice for the chinese Snookerfans if he does even though he never really played his best game in China.

Ronnie played pretty well in the 2009 Shanghai Masters. And maybe in the 2012 China Open. But other than that, yes he's usually really poor in these overseas events.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:

famous last words

:wave:

:dance2:

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:I actually didn't think Ronnie played that well at The Masters, except for in the final.

Sometimes you don't have to play well, you just have to play better than your opponent.

He played his B game for most of the tournament. But there were short moments of genius. He played a couple of breaks and clearances that most players couldn't even make when they're playing their best. That last clearance to win the match against Selby for example was just fantastic.