Post a reply

Betway UK Championship Final!!!!

Postby Skullman

Image Image Image
Tuesday 24th of November~Sunday 6th of December at the Barbican Center in York.

Two players left. Liang Wenbo wasn't the finalist expected at the start of the week, but was probably the expected finalist at the start of the weekend. Despite a nervy 6-4 win against David Grace, the Chinese player has shown he can play well to get here and has reentered the top 16 with his run here.

But the task is beating Neil Robertson, WN3, triple crown winner and 6-0 conqueror of WN1 Mark Selby in the semi finals. He's also on a ten match winning streak to boot.

Can Liang get a surprise win in this all non-UK final or will Robertson win a second UK title?

Final

Robertson leads 4-3

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Betway UK Championship Final!!!!

Postby Holden Chinaski

I'll be rooting for Liang. It's very unlikely for him to win, but not impossible. Self confidence and handling his nerves will be key. But he will be more relaxed now because a place in The Masters is now safe so he can enjoy and find his A game I hope.. If not, Robbo deserves the title.

Postby GJ

Robbo has played great all week

I think he will finish the job tomorrow :happy:

Postby Andre147

Yeah I too only hope Liang can give Robbo a good game, which I believe he can.

Who here thought Kyren Wilson could manage to beat Judd in Shanghai Final? Though to be fair Robbo is less likely to bottle this match than Judd.

I shouldn't really want Liang to make this competitive after the disgraceful handshake he did today, but a Final is a Final after all, and if it ends one sided :zzz:

Postby Andre147

Noticed that this particular 2015 year has been full of surprise finalists at the ranking events, it seems it always features a top player v a surprise one.

Starting with Welsh Open, Higgins v Woolaston
then we had Michael White winning against Walden in Indian Open
Selby at China Open v Gary Wilson
Higgins v Gould in Aussie Open
Trump v Kyren Wilson at Shanghai Masters
Higgins again v Gilbert at IC

And now this UK Champs Robbo v Wenbo.

I believe this is a trend that will continue in the future.

Postby PoolBoy

Interesting that it's 'only' 4-3 Robertson in head-to-heads...but, digging deeper - more significantly it's 2-0 Robbo in ranking tournaments.
I'll predict a 10-5 win for the Australian.

Postby Clara8633

Muppet147 wrote:Liang to win 10-9.

You initially said Liang would destroy Gould and hopefully Liang would beat Selby :chuckle: The new prediction is very reasonable in comparison.

Postby hendry_fan

I like most think it,s a foregone conclusion,but on the other hand it would,nt surprise me if Liang were to win,

Robbo has been a machine,has played some brilliant snooker and has been unbeatable since the COC,but it still does,nt mean to say that he,ll play brilliant yet again today and that he,ll win.

Even Davis,Hendry lost matches when they were in they,re absolute prime,one can,t play brilliant every single match,there have always been shock results and there always will be.

Liangs done incredibly well to get this far,good on him for that,it would actually quite funny if he were to beat Robbo today,but i,m gonna go along with the opinion of the majority and say,.... that Robbo will win this.

Winning this is only gonna make Robbo even more dangerous in the future,now that his silverware is growing,it,s gonna make him even more determined,hungry to add to his collection.

When Ding won those 5 rankers,i really thought that he was gonna dominate,that it was him that was gonna be the boss,be the man to beat,but we all saw what has happened,i then thought Trump would dominate,but i was wrong again :emb: ,but we all know whats happened to him as well,although he could start to add to his silverware on a regular basis in the coming years.

I,m a bit cautious in sayin this,but,......i know think that Robbo will be the man to beat, <laugh> over the next good few years,he might not dominate,but i think he,ll win more than the other players,that he,ll be adding a good few trophys to collection.

Postby SnookerFan

I still got 5 cans of Fosters and some salty popcorn at home.

Might take it easy on the lager beer though. Ain't done anything but get snake hissed this week.

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:I'm watching last night's episode of Dr. Who.

Good idea. I think I'll do the same. It's been a disappointing series. I quite liked the one with Davros and the Daleks. But after that one it seemed to go downhill.

Postby SnookerFan

I have finished the Pork lunch. It was most splendid.

I am taste testing some of my dad's home brewed lager later. It's brewed to a Mexican style. <ok>

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Who is watching on BBC and who is watching on Eurosport?

Bit of both probably.

Yeah me too, I usually tune in for BBC at MSI to see what feaures they have.

Postby SnookerFan

Muppet147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'm watching last night's episode of Dr. Who.

Good idea. I think I'll do the same. It's been a disappointing series. I quite liked the one with Davros and the Daleks. But after that one it seemed to go downhill.

There's a bunch of women sassing The Doctor right now. :wild: