Post a reply

Re: Betway UK Championship Final!!!!

Postby Skullman

TheRocket wrote:
Skullman wrote:Trump has to get through Maguire first, and Mags has beaten Judd a fair few times.

Ronnie beating MJW is also not guaranteed. Under normal circumstances definitely yes but we could see a very rusty O'Sullivan.

You'd think if he bothered to enter he'd be ready. He was match fit for the 2013 Worlds.

Plus, MJW has his one win over Ronnie for the decade already.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:Ronnie v MJW at Masters :-D

To be fair, this could probably be the best draw Ronnie could have had after his time out.

That IC win will have no relevance whatsoever here.

Whoever got Ding has the best draw

Postby PoolBoy

PoolBoy wrote:Interesting that it's 'only' 4-3 Robertson in head-to-heads...but, digging deeper - more significantly it's 2-0 Robbo in ranking tournaments.
I'll predict a 10-5 win for the Australian.

I've joined Andre in the 'correct score club'! :happy:

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie vs MJW. Nice. But of course at 1pm :irk: Like always the BBC puts the best matches on in the afternoon

For me it's probably the draw that suits him best, or one of them anyway.

But he'll very likely face Selby in the Quarters, and then a Higgins or Bingo in semis who knows...

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Skullman wrote:Trump has to get through Maguire first, and Mags has beaten Judd a fair few times.

Ronnie beating MJW is also not guaranteed. Under normal circumstances definitely yes but we could see a very rusty O'Sullivan.

You'd think if he bothered to enter he'd be ready. He was match fit for the 2013 Worlds.

Plus, MJW has his one win over Ronnie for the decade already.

I'm not saying that Ronnie won't pot a ball or lose 6:0. But match practice is always something else. I still favour Ronnie in this match but I don't think that it will be as clear and safe as people might expect here.

Postby Andre147

PoolBoy wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:Interesting that it's 'only' 4-3 Robertson in head-to-heads...but, digging deeper - more significantly it's 2-0 Robbo in ranking tournaments.
I'll predict a 10-5 win for the Australian.

I've joined Andre in the 'correct score club'! :happy:

:-D

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:I would like to note a clever and handsome poster has made a thread in the Masters section.

Wild?

I've heard daffodils have nothing but good things to say about him.

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:

Ronnie is a special player rusty for him is top form for most

Postby dale or swail

That's it then for another week. A strange week really. Some great moments mixed with some dross. Congrats Robbo! Good effort by Liang. I don't think he is doing anything tactically, just the way he is. Hopefully the semi final handshake was heat of the moment stuff. Tonight he clapped Robbo during the match and at the end and also called a foul on himself.

Postby GJ

Muppet147 wrote:Liang to win 10-9.

Pure genius :lol:

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Liang to win 10-9.

Pure genius :lol:

yesterday it was liang to thrash Robbo.

What he Knows about snooker you could write on a matchstick

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Ronnie is a special player rusty for him is top form for most

At the same time, Mark Williams has basically admitted that he's Ronnie's lovely lady on Twitter.

Also, how rusty was Ronnie when he won that World Title?

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:Liang played well and was a bit unlucky.

Robbo very average and will be destroyed in the Masters. To be fair, until Ronnie enters the fray the results are irrelevant.

you know what hammers like you make me bucking sick.

if Ronnie bottling entering for what ever reason and cant hack the pace thats his problem its takes nothing away from players that have real bottle like Robertson.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:

Robbo very average and will be destroyed in the Masters. To be fair, until Ronnie enters the fray the results are irrelevant.

if Ronnie bottling entering for what ever reason and cant hack the pace thats his problem its takes nothing away from players that have real bottle like Robertson.

Put an asterisk next to all tournaments without Ronnie in them. :wave:

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Put an asterisk next to all tournaments without Ronnie in them. :wave:

ive already reached 1934.

this will take a few years to do

Postby Muppet147

Wildey wrote:

You ban me for using one swear word and use two yourself. What a hypocritical tosser you really are. <ok>

Postby PoolBoy

Muppet147 and some others are the real losers here. They're not true snooker fans, but merely Ronnie fans.
They take no interest when he's not playing - other than to criticise the players who are competing!
I doubt they'll even follow the sport after he retires.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:Mark Williams is recycling himself on Twitter. <doh>

Of all the Snooker Island swear-swap-words, this has to be my favourite.

Caught the final session last night which was fun, apart from that I was busy all weekend. I really enjoyed this tournament. Re Wenbo's semi-shake, I dunno - I give him the benefit of the doubt - it was not disrespectful on purpose. That black was match ball and he'd just got into a major final for the first time - it meant the world to him. The culmination of his childhood dreams. If snooker showed more emotion perhaps we'd have more fans.