Post a reply

Re: Betway UK Championship Final!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

I think the BBC should do what Eurosport did on the opening day. Play music instead of having commentary. Then we wouldn't have to listen to these flids.

Postby Skullman

Looks like that split hasn't worked out for him. If he's going to play like that he'd better win in one visit. Robbo will love the balls open.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Skullman wrote:Looks like that split hasn't worked out for him. If he's going to play like that he'd better win in one visit. Robbo will love the balls open.

True.

Postby Andre147

This is the sort of Robbo I like to see, attacking all tournament, no getting negative bullocks.

Getting negative always gets him in trouble and more often than not ends up losing those matches.

He can win many more titles, especially Triple Crown events if he carries on like this.

Postby Holden Chinaski

As fantastic as Robbo and Judd are in the long potting department, I still say Hendry was probably the best long potter ever. He did not do it in a safe way with the white going back to baulk, he went for the black almost every time!

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andre147 wrote:This is the sort of Robbo I like to see, attacking all tournament, no getting negative bullocks.

Getting negative always gets him in trouble and more often than not ends up losing those matches.

He can win many more titles, especially Triple Crown events if he carries on like this.

Agreed.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Does that make him the best or just the most positive?

Most positive I guess, and playing for black also adds more pressure.

Plus, I think Robbo is a more consistent long potter than Judd, Judd can be very inconsistent in that department.

Postby Holden Chinaski

It's not only that, it's also the amount of times he potted them and also the crucial times in matches he did it. So many of his centuries started with an outrageous long pot with position on the black. He did it in very important moments of matches as well.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Hendry in his prime was outrageous. Just out of this world. He had nerves of steel and was very aggressive. Some people forget how good he was, before he had cue action problems... His long pots were at least as good as Robbo and Judds. I think better.

Postby hendry_fan

Holden Chinaski wrote:

It's not only that, it's also the amount of times he potted them and also the crucial times in matches he did it. So many of his centuries started with an outrageous long pot with position on the black. He did it in very important moments of matches as well.

Exactly Holden,many have obviously fogotten just how good he was,(or would rather it,d be forgotten). <laugh>

I know how good he was,as i grew up watchin many,many,many,many pots,frames,matches he played.