Post a reply

Re: Betway UK Championship Final!!!!

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:First time I've heard Ronnie calling CoC "Champion of Champions"

For him it's always the Champions Cup <laugh>

He probably has a producer speaking into his ear telling him the real name.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:When they say it's the first 147 ever made in a Triple Crown final, is that true? I could've sworn Ronnie had done it.

He did it at the semis here in 07 v Selby deciding frame.

First time it's been done in a final yes.

For once the BBC get something right.

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:When they say it's the first 147 ever made in a Triple Crown final, is that true? I could've sworn Ronnie had done it.

Nope. Made a 147 in the Welsh final and one in a UK semi back in 2007.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andre147 wrote:

He did it at the semis here in 07 v Selby deciding frame.

Sweet memories.. <ok>

Postby hendry_fan

JP,said,"i,m tired of people comin up to me saying,there,s no charachters in snooker anymore".

Well,Tom Fords quite a charachter. :roll: :-D

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I believe that Liang Wenbo has a real chance to cause a big upset here tonight. I think his safety game is better than Robbo's today and if he can cut out the silly mistakes he will push Robbo hard.

Robbo will have far too much for Liang at the death.

Postby Skullman

hendry_fan wrote:JP,said,"i,m tired of people comin up to me saying,there,s no charachters in snooker anymore".

Well,Tom Fords quite a charachter. :roll: :-D

The people who say that are the ones that don't bother to watch the snooker anyway.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I believe that Liang Wenbo has a real chance to cause a big upset here tonight. I think his safety game is better than Robbo's today and if he can cut out the silly mistakes he will push Robbo hard.

At best this Final will end 10-7 or possibly 10-8 Robbo.

Liang wont be able to take it to a decider.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Skullman wrote:

Not just a UK semi. A 147 in the deciding frame against Darth Selby! The look on Selby's face was brilliant.
Last edited by Holden Chinaski on 06 Dec 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wildey wrote:

Robbo looked shaky against Higgins in the decider and with Robbo feeling he should win this, it won't be easy for him if it goes close.

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:

I think it was the semi I'm thinking of. Was that the one where he did it in a deciding frame?

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

At best this Final will end 10-7 or possibly 10-8 Robbo.

Liang wont be able to take it to a decider.

So much for Hendrys prediction. <laugh>

stephen hendry ‏@SHendry775 8 Std.vor 8 Stunden York, England

Prediction for today's final 10-3,10-4 Robertson

Postby Gridlock

Watching the final while listening to the nutcracker. And I don't mean my wife! :-P

Postby SnookerFan

Remember that time Marco Fu had his missus with him during the UK Championship? Dennis Taylor got a stiffy out of the fact she gave him a Christmas card.