Post a reply

Re: Betway U K Championship Last 32!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:Poor old rabbit out there in the wind and rain ......

I'm trying to work out when to go and see my parents again this week. I don't really care about seeing them particularly, but like seeing their Labrador. I took it a bone on Sunday, and it was so happy. It rain around the house with it in it's mouth. :wave:

Poor thing looked so upset when I went home. :sad:

Postby SnookerFan

What excellent feature will the BBC have at mid-session interval?

Will there be another award winning Pub Quiz feature? Will Steve Davis explain a complicated snooker point, by showing us how to eat cake? Will they spend 15 minutes discussing the Davis Cup, whilst not mentioning snooker once?

All will be revealed shortly.

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:What excellent feature will the BBC have at mid-session interval?

Will there be another award winning Pub Quiz feature? Will Steve Davis explain a complicated snooker point, by showing us how to eat cake? Will they spend 15 minutes discussing the Davis Cup, whilst not mentioning snooker once?

You forgot GOLF!!. :chin:

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:What excellent feature will the BBC have at mid-session interval?

Here we go. A fifteen minute analysis on whether a yellow was in-off. rofl

Postby SnookerFan

The BBC get a lot of criticism, and it's all deserved, but at least it feels more professional.

Unlike Colin "Hazel Irvine" Murray, and Ronnie going; "Errrr..... Dominic Dale's son is the future of snooker."

Postby hendry_fan

JV,shouts out "HOW HAS IT NOT GONE IN!",meaning the cue ball when John potted the yellow. <laugh>

Well,time to put the kettle on,things lookin good for John.3-1 up at the MSI. :D

Postby TheRocket

Even if Higgins still doesn't play as good as he did in his prime (he'll probably never reach that level again due to age), he's at least playing a standard good enough to win the very big tournaments including the WC.

I mean, he's even winning the frames where he's 40 or 50 points behind and that's what he's always been so good at in the past.

Will be interesting to see whether Higgins can keep up this level until the end of the season. If yes, things are looking very good for him.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Even if Higgins still doesn't play as good as he did in his prime (he'll probably never reach that level again due to age), he's at least playing a standard good enough to win the very big tournaments including the WC.

I mean, he's even winning the frames where he's 40 or 50 points behind and that's what he's always been so good at in the past.

Will be interesting to see whether Higgins can keep up this level until the end of the season. If yes, things are looking very good for him.

Welcome TR <ok>

Yeah I agree, his B or C game can win him most matches, and it's about consistency as you say.

Postby Andre147

Deadline to enter the Masters is tomorrow, Ronnie has to make his mind up.

If I were to place a bet on this, I'd say he won't enter it. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Postby Andre147

Monday 30th November

1pm

Stuart Bingham 1-3 Peter Ebdon TV match
Jamie Burnett 3-1 Li Hang
Allister Carter 1-3 John Higgins TV match
Robbie Williams 2-1 Matthew Selt

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Deadline to enter the Masters is tomorrow, Ronnie has to make his mind up.

If I were to place a bet on this, I'd say he won't enter it. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

They doing the draw with the final again?

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Monday 30th November

1pm

Stuart Bingham 1-3 Peter Ebdon TV match
Jamie Burnett 3-1 Li Hang
Allister Carter 1-3 John Higgins TV match
Robbie Williams 2-1 Matthew Selt

Ronnie was right.

Selt isn't winning the UK Championship. :shock:

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:Deadline to enter the Masters is tomorrow, Ronnie has to make his mind up.

I think, Rolf Kalb said that he'll definitely play in the German Masters? If yes, it'd be a strange choice from Ron to not play in the "real" Masters but the German one. We'll see. .

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:

I think, Rolf Kalb said that he'll definitely play in the German Masters? If yes, it'd be a strange choice from Ron to not play in the "real" Masters but the German one. We'll see. .

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6073 :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

I find it incredibly depressing that Ebdon won the World Championship in 2002. I watched that in my second year of university. Meaning that it's been 12 years since I graduated.

What nonsense. I only graduated a couple of years back, I'm still in my mid-twenties. Anybody who says otherwise is lying. And is also a bastard.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:I find it incredibly depressing that Ebdon won the World Championship in 2002. I watched that in my second year of university. Meaning that it's been 12 years since I graduated.

What nonsense. I only graduated a couple of years back, I'm still in my mid-twenties. Anybody who says otherwise is lying. And is also a bastard.

Hendry took him lightly in that Final, even he has admited it, and it duly cost him.

He thought he had the title won when he beat Ronnie in the semis :wave:

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:I find it incredibly depressing that Ebdon won the World Championship in 2002. I watched that in my second year of university. Meaning that it's been 12 years since I graduated.

Very annoying for Hendry that one. Had he won that match, he'd be truly the undisputed King and regarded as the greatest player ever (by everyone).

The debate about him vs ROS/Davis/Higgins wouldn't even take place probably.

Postby hendry_fan

"incredibly depressing",I,ve been incredibly depressed ever since. >-( <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:

Very annoying for Hendry that one. Had he won that match, he'd be truly the undisputed King and regarded as the greatest player ever (by everyone).

The debate about him vs ROS/Davis/Higgins wouldn't even take place probably.

No he wouldn't.

There's people out there who are so on Ronnie's nads that they think the fact that he can cross the road, without holding somebody's hand proves he's the greatest player ever.

Though, to be fair, now Ronnie has five world titles, there's very little between them imo. I had Hendry ahead when he had 7 wcs, and Ronnie had 3.

Though I don't mean to start another Who Is The Greatest? debate.