Post a reply

Re: Betway U K Championship Last 64!!!!

Postby Andre147

AC or LT? wrote:Which second round matches is everybody looking forward too?

It's 3rd round Last 32 matches by the way.

We now have confirmed for tomorrow afternoon Higgins v Carter and Bingham v Dale or Ebdon as TV matches.

Gould v Allen should be a cracker, hope that one is televised as well.

I'll post the TV matches on the Last 32 thread later when all matches have finished tonight.

Postby Andre147

Luca and Ants locked at 4-4, like I said earlier, it really has decider written all over it this one. Such a shame we can't watch it, they could have a fixed camera or something, because I think this match has been played at the main arena. A fixed camera like in the 1st round wouldn't be asking too much I think.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:Seeing as the snooker was garbage tonight, then this may be a good time to open your eyes to what others(non human) go through in this world. This would not happen if people were more selfless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibuQ-J04eLQ

I have watched lots of documentaries similar to this one, so I'll add this as well for my list when I have the time I'll watch it. <ok>

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Seeing as the snooker was garbage tonight, then this may be a good time to open your eyes to what others(non human) go through in this world. This would not happen if people were more selfless.

I have watched lots of documentaries similar to this one, so I'll add this as well for my list when I have the time I'll watch it. <ok>

Thank you.

Postby Andre147

Un-Nooh 61-0 points ahead, with only 59 left, so O'brien obviously needs 1 snooker to get back into it.

Meanwhile, Luca moves 5-4 up :-D

Postby Svdyc

From Twitter:
David Hendon ‏@davehendon
"TV matches tomorrow: John Higgins v Ali Carter, Stuart Bingham v Dale/Ebdon, Mark Selby v Jamie Jones + Michael Holt v Joe Swail"

So we get to see Holt vs Swail instead of Hull vs McGill/Brecel. How awesome is that.

I suppose it's well in-line with the match decisions for today.

Postby Cloud Strife

I may or may not watch this. Depends if I can be bothered. <ok>

Postby Cloud Strife

Svdyc wrote:From Twitter:
David Hendon ‏@davehendon
"TV matches tomorrow: John Higgins v Ali Carter, Stuart Bingham v Dale/Ebdon, Mark Selby v Jamie Jones + Michael Holt v Joe Swail"

So we get to see Holt vs Swail instead of Hull vs McGill/Brecel. How awesome is that.

I suppose it's well in-line with the match decisions for today.

Streaming Holt/Swail seems like a really random choice.

Postby Andre147

Holt v Swail instead of Hull v Ants or Brecel? rofl <doh>

Jeez what a horrible decision, WS can't get a thing right for once...

Postby vodkadiet

Cloud Strife wrote:

That is an improvement on most people...

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

It's only going to get worse in the coming decades. The world is facing a crisis unparalleled in history.

Postby vodkadiet

Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

It's only going to get worse in the coming decades. The world is facing a crisis unparalleled in history.

The human population is expected to increase to 10 billion in 2050. This madness cannot be sustained.

Postby Andre147

Meanwhile, Ebdon forces a decider v Dale making a century of 135 in the process.

Can't see this decider finishing earlier than 1 a.m

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:It's only going to get worse in the coming decades. The world is facing a crisis unparalleled in history.

The human population is expected to increase to 10 billion in 2050. This madness cannot be sustained.

It cannot be sustained, and it won't be. It will all end in one gigantic bloodbath. And if we're lucky we might emerge on the other side as a more selfless and enlightened race.

The problem is most people just do not want to know. Whenever I try to talk about this and debate it, most would rather just blather on about Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, Football or something other such triviality.

Ignorance is bliss as they say.

Postby Andre147

This decider will take forever :zzz: Dale been stuck at 12-0 points for ages...

edit: Ebdon just potted a ball.

Postby Skullman

Quick match report before I go to bed. I'll assume you won't want comments on the TV matches.

Afternoon: Was sat to the right so could see the table for Carter v Wells, but not the scoreboard. Moved over near the end and it was a bit of a scrap but Carter got through 6-3. Allen played well in parts but wasn't punished most of the time by his opponent. Didn't see much of the sport hall matches as they were all over except Selt's by the time I was out and I decided to return home briefly for some dinner.

Evening: Didn't see the scoreboard for Milkins v Grace, but from what I could tell, Milkins was tremendously careless and rushing, Grace picked him off and gained confidence as the match went on. Hull v Hawkins was down to Hawkins missing a lot of easy balls and Hull missing some as well, but less. Two real highlights. Hawkins having Hull in trouble on baulk cushion and Hull knocking in a great long red down the cushion and clearing up, and Hull fluking last red at 4-2 then not reaching with roll up to the black. He missed the yellow out of the snooker and Hawkins cleared for 4-3. Thought that was the turning point and the sign of the comeback but Hawkins kept missing easy balls.

Would have gone out the arena earlier but I was paranoid that Robbo or Mags would've gone for a max if they were comfortably ahead.

For the sports hall, Jones v Xiao was already done when I arrived. Watched a bit of Luca v Ants which was a complete and utter grind, and I say that with Ebdon v Dale next door. I briefly moved over for the decider between Fergal and Un-Nooh, which Thepchaiya completely dominated. Fergal had one half-chance and that was it.

Left a bit after the marathon 70 minute last frame between Luca and Ants. I think they played so much safety and snooker escapes that they forgot how to pot. Stayed a couple of minutes to watch Ebdon's total clearance and came home.

Long day but enjoyable. Will be back tomorrow evening to enjoy some sports hall free snooker. <ok>

Postby fridge46

Andre147 wrote:This decider will take forever :zzz: Dale been stuck at 12-0 points for ages...

And the winner has to be back tomorrow at 1pm to play Bingham rofl

Postby Andre147

Cheers for that Skull <ok>

It's so diferent watching Snooker live at venue, I too have had that wonderful experience and it's just great :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

fridge46 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:This decider will take forever :zzz: Dale been stuck at 12-0 points for ages...

And the winner has to be back tomorrow at 1pm to play Bingham rofl

9 a.m or 10 a.m would be a lot worse, like in the PTCs.

Either of them should be fine tomorrow by 1 p.m.

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:Cloud: Keep planting seeds. :)

I knew your comment was directed at me, but thanks for clarifying anyway. :-)

I fear we may have gone past the tipping point, but let's hope not, eh?

The world will undergo more dramatic changes, socially and technologically, in the coming 100 years than the previous 1000 years combined. Good luck to everyone one of us who will live through these times, we will need it. <ok>

Postby Andre147

Sunday 29th November

7pm

Dominic Dale 5-6 Peter Ebdon
Robert Milkins 2-6 David Grace
Neil Robertson 6-2 Aditya Mehta
Fergal O’Brien 5-6 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Stephen Maguire 6-0 Jamie Cope
Barry Hawkins 3-6 Robin Hull
Anthony McGill 4-6 Luca Brecel
Xiao Guodong 1-6 Jamie Jones