Post a reply

Re: WS International Championship Final Thread!!!

Postby masterdoctorgenius

PoolBoy wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:sport sucks

Perhaps you would enjoy it more if you didn't just 'latch on' to the perceived 'best' in every sport!

You get the remarkable coincidence of fans supporting the same! Manchester United, Barcelona, Federer, Tiger Woods, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Lewis Hamilton. Ten-a-penny.

You glory-hunters will never experience the ultimate joy of true satisfaction.

who r u to decide that i glorify the best. i am not a manU fan, i am not a barca fan (i am an arsenal fan), i am not fan of tiger, and not a hamilton fan.

i started watching snooker when he was on the cusp to win his 2nd WC and i didnt even know ronnie that he was that good. i was struck by his effortless play. same with fed.

according to ur logic i should have been a hendry and sampras fan

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:This has been a largely forgettable tournament, it has to be said. And sadly the UK is shaping up to be the same. Just a nothing season so far really.

you really are a annoying little runt.

Just because Ronnie cant be fussed to twiddle all over you lot doesent make it a unforgettable season not by a long chalk.

No.

Postby Vallomas

Well done, John Higgins. :D

It was obvious since he thrashed Murphy, that he was going to end his run by winning the trophy. I was expecting Selby to cause him problems at the semi, but John displayed one of his best performances for years. He played far better than he did in Australia or Wales and he deserved the title.

He didn't start very well in the final, but since he is far more talented, experienced and consistent than Gilbert, it wasn't so difficult to dominate at the end. The turning points were the three consecutive frames he won and made it 7-4 and of course the chance that Gilbert missed on 7-5. But I think that even if David could force a decider, Higgo would have found the way to win again.

As for the ROS' fans, I can't understand why they react like this when they see Higgins winning titles. Maybe his unexpected success will motivate Ronnie to return in full action. :-)

Postby PoolBoy

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:sport sucks

Perhaps you would enjoy it more if you didn't just 'latch on' to the perceived 'best' in every sport!

You get the remarkable coincidence of fans supporting the same! Manchester United, Barcelona, Federer, Tiger Woods, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Lewis Hamilton. Ten-a-penny.

You glory-hunters will never experience the ultimate joy of true satisfaction.

who r u to decide that i glorify the best. i am not a manU fan, i am not a barca fan (i am an arsenal fan), i am not fan of tiger, and not a hamilton fan.

i started watching snooker when he was on the cusp to win his 2nd WC and i didnt even know ronnie that he was that good. i was struck by his effortless play. same with fed.

according to ur logic i should have been a hendry and sampras fan

Arsenal!
My point entirely! Not Barnet, Wycombe Wanderers, Charlton Athletic or Brentford.
Your teams' successes or otherwise don't define you as a person - indeed, they know not of you; and far less care about you.

Re: WS International Championship Final !!!

Postby Holden Chinaski

If you believe you can tell what kind of personality somebody has judged only on which snooker player or tennis player he likes, you're an idiot. Please start acting like adults, you childish hammers.

You do realise a lot of snooker greats like Reardon, White and Hendry are Ronnie fans as well? You know why? Because Ronnie's A game is beautiful to watch. If you know anything about snooker, you know Ronnie's special. If you know anything about tennis you know Federer is special...

I'm a fan of the way Ronnie plays snooker. It seems that's a crime around the so called "real" snooker fans around here.

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:If you believe you can tell what kind of personality somebody has judged only on which snooker player or tennis player he likes, you're an idiot. Please start acting like adults, you childish hammers.

You do realise a lot of snooker greats like Reardon, White and Hendry are Ronnie fans as well? You know why? Because Ronnie's A game is beautiful to watch. If you know anything about snooker, you know Ronnie's special. If you know anything about tennis you know Federer is special...

I'm a fan of the way Ronnie plays snooker. It seems that's a crime around the so called "real" snooker fans around here.

Such a great post, could not agree more!

Like you say, it seems anyone who likes the way Ronnie plays and has him as their favourite player is a fanboy who knows nothing about Snooker and only cares for him... talk about stereotypes, lol!

My personality could not be further from Ronnie's, I could never be friends with him me thinks... But I'm a real Snooker lover who just absolutely love Snooker, die hard fan, watch every single tournament, fully enjoy the game.

Like many others, I just so happen to have Ronnie as my favourite player.

Postby Andre147

As for the Higgins win, I watched mostly through highlights as I was very busy this weekend.

He played solid in the Final, not as spectacular as he was against Murphy or Selby, but he never had to anyway... Although Gilbert duly won 5 frames, even at 4-4 I don't think Higgins really felt that much pressure, his B game at times was more than enough.

Also congrats on your 28th ranker, surpassing Ronnie and equalling Davis, but in terms of greatness he has a looong way to surpass Ronnie, would have to win 1 more Worlds, maybe a couple more Masters and UKs, which will never happen. Another Masters and/or UK Champs sure he can win, as for Worlds I honestly don't believe he'll win another. Could be wrong, but I just can't see him winning another one.

Postby Wildey

Sport is objective to you as individuals.

in the 80s Steve Davis played a Robotic percentage game and had no personality (until Spitting Image dubbed him Interesting that is lol)

But he had his share of fans because they liked the way he played. Nobody has the right to judge who another person supports.

Snookerfan has made no secret that he doesn't like Ronnie but again that's his right to have that opinion.

the stick Ronnie fans have on here is equaled with the stick Selby Fans or Robbo fans gets.

Being the best means getting stick and when you start getting stick you know you have arrived as a force in the game.