Post a reply

Re: WS International Championship Semi-Final 1!!!

Postby kolompar

First I see of Un-Nooh this tournament, he was always in the morning session. I hope he wins. How bad would it be that after beating players like Williams and Allen he lost in the semi to David Gilbert?

Postby Vallomas

Congratulations to David Gilbert for his first ever final, he was the best player today and he fully deserved it.

Un-Nooh made some immature mistakes that gave his opponent the opportunity to lead 8-3 from 3-3. I think that the most important frame he missed was the first of the 2nd session, where he missed the black off its spot, when he was 47-0 in front.

Postby Cloud Strife

masterdoctorgenius wrote:journeymen reaching and winning big tournaments

John higgins, stuart bingham, david gilbert

Higgins is a lot of things, but a journeyman is not one of them, lol. The other two I agree with, even though I happen to like Gilbert.

Postby Andre147

kolompar wrote:First I see of Un-Nooh this tournament, he was always in the morning session. I hope he wins. How bad would it be that after beating players like Williams and Allen he lost in the semi to David Gilbert?

Pretty bad then, lol :chuckle:

Un-Nooh was very careless at times from what I saw, crucial mistakes at important times cost him this match, I was really hoping he could win it :-(

Anyway, congrats on Gilbert for his first ever ranking Final, but I'm afraid Selby or Higgins will eat him alive just like they did last season against Gary Wilson and Ben Woolaston, respectively.

Postby Wildey

For the 2011/2012 Season David Gilbert had to go to Q School to retain his tour spot after falling off tour after a 10-4 defeat to Judd Trump in the last 48 of the World Championship.

5 years on he has reached his first ranking final.

Well played.

Postby Gridlock

Congrats to Gilbert. I only saw the last frame of the first session at around 4:30 this morning and Thep didn't seem as focused as he had been.