Post a reply

Re: W S International Championship Last 16 !!

Postby GJ

Hendo

I rarely post early in the season old boy so pipe down.

This is when the season kicks in to gear with the big ones starting.

Postby PoolBoy

Vallomas wrote:Choking work for Joe Perry continues after missing the chance for 6-2. Woollaston won two more frames in the row and forced a decider!

I'd looked at Wikipedia before coming on here - and, somebody had jumped the gun! On there, Perry was already through to the quarters after beating Woollaston 6-2! (it's been changed now!)

Good effort from Ben.

Postby hendry_fan

GJ wrote:Hendo

I rarely post early in the season old boy so pipe down.

This is when the season kicks in to gear with the big ones starting.

Thanx,GJ,you,ve made my day!. rofl

Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry strange that you only show up when Robbo wins,or is it just puuuuuuuuuuure,emm,what do they call it,ah,yeah,...."coincidence"!. rofl rofl

Postby PoolBoy

Vallomas wrote:At last, Joe wins the (scrappy) decider. Can't see how he can threaten Higgins, though.

The 'Gentleman' is nothing, if not consistent! He somehow got there in the end!
Looking ahead to his quarter-final with John Higgins, I'm surprised to see that they've only ever met 4 times, and 2 of these were PTCs, with just 2 ranking events. (and one of those was the Australian open at the start of this season!)
So, prior to this year, they'd only faced each other once in a 'proper' match - that's amazing for two seasoned professionals, who've been playing together on the circuit for so long!
For the record it's 2-0 Higgins in 'rankers' and 4-0 in all games.

Postby Vallomas

No one has mentioned David Gilbert yet, but he is ready to take a 5-3 lead over Day and he is very close to his first ranking quarter final.

Considering that he reached the semis on Ruhr Open, he is in good form recently.

Postby Vallomas

And Gilbert crosses the line (6-4 barring four snookers).

I still want and believe that Ryan Day is able to win a ranking event some day, but congrats to David for his performance.

Postby GJ

masterdoctorgenius wrote:neil losing a decider is a sure bet these days

mug

:lol: