Post a reply

Re: World Snooker International Championship Last 128 !!

Postby Andre147

pasunegirafe wrote:Yay, Mark! :D 6-1 ending it with a century
Selby was out last year, but luckily he'll be there this year.

Lines took care of him last year from 4-0 down. <ok>

But that was a nice way to end the match, let's see how he copes at the venue.

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Murphy is going on about wanting shot clocks on Twitter. <doh>

I'm going to meet him this Saturday, he's doing an exhibition here.

Do you want me to tell him something on your behalf? :chuckle:

Compliment him on his weight loss. Tell him Pink Ball sends his regards.

Will do. <laugh>

Postby Andre147

Yeah I'm glad M. White won it too.

A bit sad Gareth Allen lost his v Gould, it was always going to be a very tough ask for him, but I've got to know Gareth personally and he's such a nice lad. Gould is as well, but here I just wanted Gareth to win more, and he had more than enough chances to do so.

Postby Dan-cat

kolompar wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
kolompar wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:'Glove from Above' - what does that even mean??

He wears a glove when playing. What does Wenbo Selecta mean?

It's a play on the name of Leigh Francis' early 00's comedy series 'Bo Selecta'. It's fitting, because Francis is an idiot, and Wendy is also an idiot.

That makes sense :hatoff:

If we are to be complete about this, and I feel we should be, the name for the TV show 'Bo Selecta' came out of the early 90s UK Garage scene. The series title is from the Artful Dodger and Craig David song "Re-Rewind (The Crowd Say Bo Selecta)". Craig David is one of the main characters and speaks in catchphrases such as "proper bo I tell thee" and "can I get a reeewind".

It's widely understood that this TV show effectively ended a very successful career period for Craig David, which saw him rise to be one of the most popular artists of the time. He slunk away, but has recently re-invented himself as a DJ and bodybuilder - and he sings his tunes over the top of his sets. My friend saw him at Bestival last week, a huge music festival on the Isle of Wight, and he was one of the most popular acts.

His songs 'Fill Me In' and 'Seven Days' are outstanding slices of pop IMNSHO.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
If we are to be complete about this, and I feel we should be, the name for the TV show 'Bo Selecta' came out of the early 90s UK Garage scene. The series title is from the Artful Dodger and Craig David song "Re-Rewind (The Crowd Say Bo Selecta)". Craig David is one of the main characters and speaks in catchphrases such as "proper bo I tell thee" and "can I get a reeewind".

It's widely understood that this TV show effectively ended a very successful career period for Craig David, which saw him rise to be one of the most popular artists of the time. He slunk away, but has recently re-invented himself as a DJ and bodybuilder - and he sings his tunes over the top of his sets. My friend saw him at Bestival last week, a huge music festival on the Isle of Wight, and he was one of the most popular acts.

His songs 'Fill Me In' and 'Seven Days' are outstanding slices of pop IMNSHO.

:zzz:

Postby PoolBoy

On the subject of where nicknames came from, going back to Ross Muir's 'glove from above' - I assume it's a play on the 'dove from above' catchphrase popularised in the old UK TV show, Shooting Stars.
Although common in pool, it's very unusual to see a snooker player wearing a glove!

Postby Dan-cat

PoolBoy wrote:On the subject of where nicknames came from, going back to Ross Muir's 'glove from above' - I assume it's a play on the 'dove from above' catchphrase popularised in the old UK TV show, Shooting Stars.
Although common in pool, it's very unusual to see a snooker player wearing a glove!

This is excellent deduction - Moir is Vic Reeves real surname, which is a bit like Muir...? Tenuous

Postby SnookerFan

PoolBoy wrote:On the subject of where nicknames came from, going back to Ross Muir's 'glove from above' - I assume it's a play on the 'dove from above' catchphrase popularised in the old UK TV show, Shooting Stars.

I assume so too.

What else would it be?

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I got the Shaun Murphy match on.

Drank 3 cans with the rugby. Now the question is..... Do I finish off the four pack?

Was there a rugby match on?

Yup - down it.

Wales vs Fiji.

I was out from work early, and decided to watch. England needed Wales to lose really. They didn't.

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:Mags loses 6-2, didnt even want to carry on after only 1 snooker needed, though his opponent was likely to continue his break.

Flippin eck!,wtf is wrong with Maguire,he can,t seem to get a decent string of results together.

In fact wtf is wrong with the Scots in general,(the Scottish snooker players that is ;-) ).

The only one who,s won a match so far is the one n only "GFA" Ross Muir who ended up kickin out yet another Scot. <laugh>

Oh,and by the way,on the topic of "GFA",i just read this,....

,........"Muir won on the final black after six hours, 13 minutes and 41 seconds. That's about one hour less than the record for a best-of-11 match". Source: Dave Hendon,Twitter.

So me n Wildey were wrong. :irk:

I calculated that the match lasted "8 hrs in total,or 7 hrs,45 mins takin away the 15min MSI".

Wildey wrote "7 hours to the minute".

And Mr Hendon wrote,"six hours, 13 minutes and 41 seconds.

So who the hell is right?. :dizzy: <laugh>