Post a reply

The Bank of Communications Shanghai Masters Final !

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 14th ~Sunday 20th of September at The Shanghai Grand Stage, Shanghai

Kyren Wilson has defied the odds and won no fewer than 8 matches and 57 frames to Beat Vinnie Calabrese, Mark King, Anthony McGill, Wang Yuchen, Joe Perry, Michael Holt, Ding Junhui and Mark Allen to reach his first Major Final and now he will play Judd Trump who only had 4 Matches to reach the final.

Who will take the Title?

DRAW

Final
Judd Trump v Kyren Wilson

CLICK FOR HEAD TO HEAD

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: The Bank of Communications Shanghai Masters Final !

Postby Wildey

a few years Back Kyren Wilson represented Snooker Island in a team Event at the south west snooker academy along side Reanne Evans, Ben Harrison, Oliver Brown, Jake Frank (Randam05) and The Captain Roland Cox.

Postby hendry_fan

Well i was terribly wrong in my semi-final prediction,i thought that Allen would end Wilsons great run.

I wrote earlier though that i thought either Higgins or Trump would win this tourney,Higgins is already back in Bonnie,cold and rainy Scotland,but Trump is still soakin up the sun in China and is in the final,i,m gonna stick to my guns and predict that Trump will win this. :-)

Trump will be the Shanghai Masters Champ 2015 and he,ll be the man who ends Wilsons great run.

Postby Vallomas

It will be nice to see Kyren win this tournament. He has knocked out many top 16 players to reach the final and he fully deserves it. But I think that it is not easy against Trump.

Let's see if Trump, as a Sanghai Masters Champions, will be also the bnew World Champion at the end of the season, like Bingham last year.

Postby Skullman

Good to see Kyren having a really good run. Nice to have new players coming through, but I'll withhold judgement until I see some follow through. Xiao got to the final here tow years ago as well.

As an aside, I might be able to actually watch some of this tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Postby Andre147

sas6789 wrote:I actually think Wilson has a fair chance of winning because I think Trump underestimates his opponents at times.

True, the Bingo semi at the WC was a prime example of that, mostly first 2 sessions, in the 3rd and 4th the damage was already done and Bingo had all the confidemce he needed to really push Judd and win the match.

But Judd knows Kyren very well, they grew up in the Junior and Amateur ranks together and he knows he can be a dangerous opponent.

Judd, easily or not, should win this Final.

Postby Wildey

It would be a story and a half if Kyren wins 9 matches to win the tournament but this will be his biggest test not the opponent but over 19 frames center stage

Postby Wildey

Great performance by Kyren this morning keeping Judd in check and go 3-2 up.

Judd has done all the scoring with breaks of 81 in frame 2 and 72 in frame 4 but Kyren always finds away to go a frame in front once again

Postby Vallomas

4-2, with an amazing clearance by Kyren, while Trump started with a chance for a maximum but lost the position on 40-0, and the yellow after potting the sixth red.

Kyren also scored first in the 7th frame, let's see if he can keep it up. Judd can't find his rythm, though.

Postby Vallomas

Trump pulled one back to make it 3-4, but Wilson responded immediately with a great 58 break to regain the two frames advantage.

Kyren shows character in this final and I hope that he will keep it up until the end.

Postby Vallomas

Judd Trump has lost the control of the match and the first session ended with three frames advantage for Kyren Wilson (6-3).

If Judd wants to turn the things around, he has to improve A LOT his game.

P.S. If I have calculated correctly, Kyren Wilson will climb at No 22 of the rankings if he wins today's trophy. Amazing!

Postby Andy Spark

A good score for the audience going into the evening session. I'm sure half of them feared a one sided final, with Trump's stylish play dominating a nervous Wilson.