Post a reply

Re: The Bank of Communications Shanghai Masters WC & Last 32

Postby Dan-cat

Smart wrote:rofl rofl rofl

Just noticed that the lady in the front row is wearing a smog-mask. Incredible, and reminds me of some stupid lady doing the same on the coach journey from our hotel to Alicante airport. Why ??? Weirdos everywhere. <ok>

Perhaps she has an illness that she doesn't want to spread, or is currently very vulnerable to illness due to a treatment of some kind (i.e. chemotherapy).. There are always multiple ways of looking at things.... it's called re-framing.
Last edited by Dan-cat on 16 Sep 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Smart

Dan-cat wrote:

Just noticed that the lady in the front row is wearing a smog-mask. Incredible, and reminds me of some stupid lady doing the same on the coach journey from our hotel to Alicante airport. Why ??? Weirdos everywhere. <ok>

Perhaps she has an illness that she doesn't want to spread, or is currently very vulnearable to illness due to a treeatment of some kind.. There are always multiple ways of looking at things.... it's called re-framing.

Point taken. HOWEVER, China is well known as a place wear smog-masks are worn whilst out and about. She was clearly sat down INSIDE a snooker hall.

I would like her to leave the arena at the MSI and come back wearing a I AM WEIRD t-shirt. I will then be satisfied. :wave:

Postby pasunegirafe

Smart wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Perhaps she has an illness that she doesn't want to spread, or is currently very vulnearable to illness due to a treeatment of some kind.. There are always multiple ways of looking at things.... it's called re-framing.

Point taken. HOWEVER, China is well known as a place wear smog-masks are worn whilst out and about. She was clearly sat down INSIDE a snooker hall.

I would like her to leave the arena at the MSI and come back wearing a I AM WEIRD t-shirt. I will then be satisfied. :wave:

You make it sound like she was wearing a full-on gasmask. I didn't see it but I'm guessing she was wearing a regular mouth mask. I have a few of those. Bought them when I was in China. They are only a few yuan and have cute designs. I don't wear them but I wish I had bought more.
In Japan they also wear them if they are sick or don't want to get sick.
I wish it was 'normal' in the West to wear these masks so people who are going to work sick don't get fellow commuters and coworkers sick.

Postby Smart

pasunegirafe wrote:
Smart wrote:SCREEN GRAB COMING !!!!! :D

Can't see it that clearly on my mobile but looks like a surgical mask. The ones I have are smaller and only cover mouth and nose and don't go over the chin.

thank-you for the update, has your opinion changed now due to the size of the mask being worn ?????

Postby pasunegirafe

Smart wrote:
pasunegirafe wrote:
Smart wrote:SCREEN GRAB COMING !!!!! :D

Can't see it that clearly on my mobile but looks like a surgical mask. The ones I have are smaller and only cover mouth and nose and don't go over the chin.

thank-you for the update, has your opinion changed now due to the size of the mask being worn ?????

Nope :-D . But that's because I know these types of masks are also pretty common, especially in Japan. They are cheap and disposable. Mine are cloth and washable.

Maybe the woman is not wearing any make-up or has bad skin? That's also one of the reasons why people wear them.