Post a reply

Australian Goldfields Open Final !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 29th of June ~ Sunday 5th of July at the Bendigo Sports Stadium, Victoria, Melbourne

The Final Brings together John Higgins playing in his 42nd ranking final surpassing Steve Davis tally of 41 World ranking finals and Martin Gould playing in only his second.

Can Martin Gould claim his maiden win or will John Higgins win his 27th and equal Ronnie O'Sullivan's Tally?

DRAW

Final

Martin Gould v John Higgins Higgins leads 4-2

Most high profile meeting to date came in a EPTC in 2010 where Higgins won 4-3 and went on to win the tournament

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Australian Goldfields Open Final !!!

Postby hendry_fan

A BIG Compliment to Gould for gettin to the final!. <ok>

Of course,as has been said many a time,it all comes down to the day,but i can,t see John losin this one.

Now that he,s gotten Ronnies titles tally in sight,he,s not gonna let a chance like this go.
As i wrote yesterday,Ronnie bumpin up his silverware has for sure motivated Higgins to do the same,just like it motivated Ronnie to go after Hendrys records.

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNN JOHN,i know,i actually wrote you off a few seasons ago,but then you proved me as well as many others wrong by winnin the Welsh Open for a record breakin 4th time,keep your foot on the pedal,win this tourney and keep adding the silverware in seasons to come. <ok> :-D

Postby Andre147

Yes that was an amazing performance from John from 4 nil down, I'll watch some of those highlights later.

But I really hope Gouldy wins this title, and it isn't because I don't Higgins to level Ronnie's ranking tally, because if he does fair play to him. It's because I really like Gouldy's style of play and above all he's one of the best players never to have won a ranking event.

It won't be easy against Higgins, especially as John will have massive confidence, but Im confident in Gouldy's abilities to overcome him.

Postby Andre147

By the way, Higgins still had time to do this in his semi...

Incredible fluke it was, especially as he left eveything on for Jones.

Postby Andre147

Cant believe no one has commentted here since yesterday, not even SnookerFan, lol...

Watched some highlights now and Gould was 2 nil down, played very well to go 4.2 up but then so too did Higgins to level it at 4.4.

Sets it up very nicely, unfortunately I cant watch the concluding session so...

CMON GOULDY!

Postby Skullman

I only just got up. No way I was going to catch any of the 5am session.

Would be nice to see Gould get a ranker but I am in the Higgins camp today.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Twitter suggests that John Higgins is laying the smack down.

its 6-5 who the hell on twitter thinks that?

Postby Wildey

Sunday 5th of July

10am

Martin Gould 5-7 John Higgins

i really wished i had more time to have watched this over the week its a highlight of the season for me a great event but because of Work and family commitments its been impossible.

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:Cant believe no one has commentted here since yesterday, not even SnookerFan, lol...

Watched some highlights now and Gould was 2 nil down, played very well to go 4.2 up but then so too did Higgins to level it at 4.4.

Sets it up very nicely, unfortunately I cant watch the concluding session so...

CMON GOULDY!

Good morning all,i,ve not long gotten out of bed and tbh,i,ve hardly seen any of this tourney,never mind comment much on it,it,s summer Andre,unless where you live it aint ;-) <laugh> ,so most like myself would rather get out rather than watch snooker at this time of year.

Good to see John leading,just needs 2 more frames!. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

hendry_fan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Good morning all,i,ve not long gotten out of bed and tbh,i,ve hardly seen any of this tourney,never mind comment much on it,it,s summer Andre,unless where you live it aint ;-) <laugh> ,so most like myself would rather get out rather than watch snooker at this time of year.

Good to see John leading,just needs 2 more frames!. <ok>

I'm one of the saddoes. I've already attended my first live snooker of the season.

Postby SnookerFan

kolompar wrote:Bingham and Hawkins both won their first rankers here so it should be Gould's time.
Come on Gouldy!

It's been four years since that Bingham win. Seems far more recent.

Postby Skullman

And given a chance, Higgins takes the frame and the title in one visit.

Shame for Gould, hope he has another chance at a title, but Higgins was the better player on the day and well done to him for winning his first title in his 40s. His second title of the year as well.