Post a reply

Australia Goldfields Open Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 29th of June ~ Sunday 5th of July at the Bendigo Sports Stadium, Victoria, Melbourne

So its the Quarter Final stage with Current World Champion Stuart Bingham, World no 1 Mark Selby and Australia's Neil Robertson already out.

But still there is 4 times World Champion John Higgins, His Scottish team mate Stephen Maguire and Defending Champion Judd Trump.

Who will reach the semi finals?

DRAW

Quarter Finals

Judd Trump v Stephen Maguire Maguire leads 12-5
Martin Gould v Matthew Selt Gould leads 8-0
-----------------------------------------------
Jamie Jones v Michael White Jones leads 1-0
Joe Perry v John Higgins Higgins leads 6-1

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Australia Goldfields Open Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

Friday 3rd of July

4am

Jamie Jones v Michael White
Joe Perry v John Higgins

10am

Judd Trump v Stephen Maguire
Martin Gould v Matthew Selt

Postby Andre147

Great that Selby went out, especially that easy 5-1 win for Jones... :-D I watched a bit of the match and it seemed at least 2 frames were crucial for Jones when he won both on last black, especially one when he made a superb thin cut to left middle. :hatoff:

Jones v White should be the streamed match, but I bet they're going to show Haggins instead :td:

As for the other, Judd v Mags should be a great match, hopefully Mags will beat him.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Great that Selby went out, especially that easy 5-1 win for Jones... :-D I watched a bit of the match and it seemed at least 2 frames were crucial for Jones when he won both on last black, especially one when he made a superb thin cut to left middle. :hatoff:

Jones v White should be the streamed match, but I bet they're going to show Haggins instead :td:

As for the other, Judd v Mags should be a great match, hopefully Mags will beat him.

If someone said its Good that Ronnie went out all bucking hell would break loose on this site.

Mate you are really letting yourself down big time with rubbish comments like that i really thought you was better than that.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Great that Selby went out, especially that easy 5-1 win for Jones... :-D I watched a bit of the match and it seemed at least 2 frames were crucial for Jones when he won both on last black, especially one when he made a superb thin cut to left middle. :hatoff:

If someone said its Good that Ronnie went out all bucking hell would break loose on this site.

Mate you are really letting yourself down big time with rubbish comments like that i really thought you was better than that.

What? So suddenly I can't have a personal favourite on this match? rofl <doh> You're the one letting yourself down with a comment like that, if it were Ronnie losing like that against Jones many here would love that result, and fair play to them, have you ever seen me have a go at them because they want Ronnie out? I think not. <ok> Everyone has their favourites mate, deal with it.

Postby Wildey

There Is a world of difference with having a fave and wanting them to win and wanting players to lose because they arent your fave.

its almost like reading a post from Vodkadiet or Hendry Fan but the player in question is selby and not Ronnie.

as i said i thought you was above that

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Has John Higgins got a chance to win this?

Trump looks favourite on paper, but Higgins has beaten Trump a lot.

Discuss.

Yes Higgins has looked pretty solid so far so yeah given his record against Trump if both were to meet in the Final I would favour Higgins.

But I'm hoping M. White wins the event, he's the real deal and he's really starting to become a good player, close to Top 16 and already a ranking event winner, only one born in the 90s.

Postby Vallomas

Perry played really well in the first six frames , with two great tons (136, 137) but only managed to be 3-3 against Higgins. He missed the chance to clinch the 7th frame then and Higgins took advantage. In the decider, he Scot played better and won by 5-3.

On the other table, Michael White was 4-2 in front and 56-0 on the decider, but finally Jamie Jones managed to take the victory!

Postby hendry_fan

:happy: And good auld John Higgins keeps marchin on!. :happy:

Perry knocked in 2 BIG centurys,he made a *137* and a *136* but still lost 5-3.

Centurys are great to make,but at the end of the day,a century only wins you 1 frame.

Higgins did,nt even make a century in this match,in fact his highest break was <only> 57,but he won 5-3.

White must be gutted after being 4-2 in front and 56-0 in the decider to end up losin,i wonder if he,ll still be freinds with Jones. :-)

Postby Andre147

Seen the results, not too surprised Trump lost, he never seems too confortable when playing Mags for some reason.

I would love if Gouldy won this event now, he's one of the best players never to have won a ranking event.

But I have a feeling Higgins will win it.

Postby Wildey

Friday 3rd of July

4am

Jamie Jones 5-4 Michael White
Joe Perry 3-5 John Higgins

10am

Judd Trump 1-5 Stephen Maguire
Martin Gould 5-1
Matthew Selt