Post a reply

Re: Australian Goldfields Open Qualifying !!!

Postby Adan

There is no tickets.
You just walk in, straight with the bar at the left, you will see some stairs going up, you take them, turn left, walk till you see sport hall gallery something like that. And that's it. u are in a balcony and the 8 tables are there.

It's free and there isn't many people, you get to see players around etc.

Postby fridge46

OoNebsoO wrote:There's no money at all in these qualifiers? Save for astonishing 45 pounds for highest break, that is.

This is the second time I have heard someone say there is no prize money.... but there is a prize money breakdown here (in Australian Dollars, 1.00AUD = 0.51GBP):

Winner: $75,000
Runner-up: $32,000
Semi-finals: $20,000
Quarter-finals: $17,000
Last 16: $12,000
Last 32: $9,000
Last 48: $2,000
Last 64: $1,000
Last 80: $500 [I suspect they meant Last 96, as there is no Last 80]
Venue high break: $2,500
Qualifiers high break: $100
Total: $521,600

Postby Wildey

Ken Doherty 5-1 Sanderson Lam
Kyren Wilson 3-3 Ian Glover
Oliver Lines 4-2 Steven Hallworth
Jamie Burnett 5-1 Gareth Allen
Zhou Yuelong 3-2 Martin O'Donnell

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 3rd of June

2,30pm

Ken Doherty 5-1 Sanderson Lam
Kyren Wilson 5-3 Ian Glover
Oliver Lines 5-3 Steven Hallworth
Jamie Burnett 5-1 Gareth Allen
Zhou Yuelong 5-3 Martin O'Donnell

7pm

Peter Lines v David John
Michael Georgiou v Ross Muir
Aditya Mehta v Sean O'Sullivan
Joe Swail v Dylan Craig
Mitchell Mann v David Grace

Postby hendry_fan

Michael Leslie 5-3 James Cahill

Goooooooodness me!!,wtf is up with Cahill,another flash in the pan!!. >-(

Since his great run at the UK Championship 2014,where he beat King,Higginson,then Ding,he,s been pants!. :roll:

:WIKIPEDIA:
The 18-year-old then went on his best ever run in a ranking event during the 2014 UK Championship. He won comfortably in the first round, beating veteran Mark King 6–0 and then saw off former Welsh Open finalist Andrew Higginson 6–4.Cahill faced world number three Ding Junhui, a player who had won five ranking titles last season and raced into a 5–1 lead.Ding won three frames in a row and needed three snookers in the next frame which he got when Cahill left a free ball. Cahill responded by taking the deciding frame to record the biggest victory of his career to date.

Postby SnookerFan

Adan wrote:There is no tickets.
You just walk in, straight with the bar at the left, you will see some stairs going up, you take them, turn left, walk till you see sport hall gallery something like that. And that's it. u are in a balcony and the 8 tables are there.

That sounds good, man. So I won't have any trouble getting in, if I just turn up?

Is there eating there? I appreciate that it's a leisure centre, so I aint expecting fine dining. But if I fancy popping out for lunch, is there such thing as a sandwich bar or somewhere that sells burgers etc?

Postby Wildey

hendry_fan wrote:Michael Leslie 5-3 James Cahill

Since his great run at the UK Championship 2014,where he beat King,Higginson,then Ding,he,s been pants!. :roll:

The 18-year-old then went on his best ever run in a ranking event during the 2014 UK Championship. He won comfortably in the first round, beating veteran Mark King 6–0 and then saw off former Welsh Open finalist Andrew Higginson 6–4.Cahill faced world number three Ding Junhui, a player who had won five ranking titles last season and raced into a 5–1 lead.Ding won three frames in a row and needed three snookers in the next frame which he got when Cahill left a free ball. Cahill responded by taking the deciding frame to record the biggest victory of his career to date.

Cahil was never that good his one and only great run was in the UK dont say you bought in to the hype

Postby Wildey

Peter Lines 3-1 David John
Michael Georgiou 4-0 Ross Muir
Aditya Mehta 1-2 Sean O'Sullivan
Joe Swail 5-0 Dylan Craig
Mitchell Mann 1-1 David Grace

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:Michael Leslie 5-3 James Cahill

Cahil was never that good his one and only great run was in the UK dont say you bought in to the hype

More like cause he,s Hendry nephew that i,d hope he,d do well. <laugh>

Ah well,i guess i canny grumble too much about him losin this match,as he got beat by a Scot. :-D

Postby Wildey

Peter Lines 5-1 David John
Michael Georgiou 5-0 Ross Muir
Aditya Mehta 2-2 Sean O'Sullivan
Joe Swail 5-0 Dylan Craig
Mitchell Mann 1-2 David Grace

WTF is Mann and Grace doing 3 hours in to the match and they just finished the 3rd frame

Postby Adan

SnookerFan wrote:
Adan wrote:There is no tickets.

That sounds good, man. So I won't have any trouble getting in, if I just turn up?

Is there eating there? I appreciate that it's a leisure centre, so I aint expecting fine dining. But if I fancy popping out for lunch, is there such thing as a sandwich bar or somewhere that sells burgers etc?

Yes, and fairly cheap. They have prepared sandwiches and restaurant.

Postby Wildey

Aditya Mehta 5-4 Sean O'Sullivan
Mitchell Mann 5-4 David Grace

Aditya was negative in the decider and gave sean a lifeline because of it but in the end he prevailed and a match with Michael Georgiou at 7pm tomorrow with Dave Gilbert waiting in the Last 48

Postby Wildey

Thursday 4th of June

10am

Rory McLeod v Jack Lisowski streaming
Michael Wasley v Ian Burns
Joel Walker v Adam Duffy streaming
Anthony Hamilton v Andrew Higginson
Michael Leslie v Sam Baird
David Morris v Fraser Patrick

2.30pm

Robbie Williams v Mark Joyce
Zhao Xintong v Zhang Anda streaming
Li Hang v Allan Taylor
Chris Wakelin v Liam Highfield
Lee Walker v Hossein Vafaei Ayouri streaming

7pm

Ken Doherty v Kyren Wilson streaming
Oliver Lines v Jamie Burnett
Zhou Yuelong v Peter Lines
Michael Georgiou v Aditya Mehta
Joe Swail v Mitchell Mann streaming

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:

...and are there plenty of toilets?? :)

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
...and are there plenty of toilets?? :)

Dammit, that was a legitimate complaint. There's 2000 people at the Ally Pally, they need more than 2 toilets. :grrr:

At least the women got their own back, a bit. It was one of the few places I've been to where the men's queue was longer than the women's.

Postby Wildey

Thursday 4th of June

10am

Rory McLeod 4-5 Jack Lisowski
Michael Wasley 2-5 Ian Burns
Joel Walker 5-3
Adam Duffy
Anthony Hamilton 3-5 Andrew Higginson
Michael Leslie 5-0
Sam Baird
David Morris 5-3 Fraser Patrick

2.30pm

Robbie Williams 0-1 Mark Joyce
Zhao Xintong 1-1 Zhang Anda streaming
Li Hang 1-0 Allan Taylor
Chris Wakelin 1-0 Liam Highfield
Lee Walker 0-1 Hossein Vafaei Ayouri streaming

7pm

Ken Doherty v Kyren Wilson streaming
Oliver Lines v Jamie Burnett
Zhou Yuelong v Peter Lines
Michael Georgiou v Aditya Mehta
Joe Swail v Mitchell Mann streaming

Postby Wildey

Robbie Williams 1-4 Mark Joyce
Zhao Xintong 2-3 Zhang Anda
Li Hang 2-3 Allan Taylor
Chris Wakelin 3-1 Liam Highfield
Lee Walker 1-2 Hossein Vafaei Ayouri

Postby Wildey

Robbie Williams 1-5 Mark Joyce
Zhao Xintong 3-5 Zhang Anda
Li Hang 4-4 Allan Taylor
Chris Wakelin 5-2 Liam Highfield
Lee Walker 4-3 Hossein Vafaei Ayouri

Postby Wildey

OoNebsoO wrote:Hossein is terrible after the break. Walker about to take 4-3 lead.

its been a decent start to his pro career but standard of players he will face now it will take time to adjust his game.