Post a reply

Re: Me practicing

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:he might mean break, cos bream and break are spelled similarly - still unsure what bream is though :huh2: :huh: :wave:

bream is a fish

Postby Cheesyman99

rocket_ron wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:he might mean break, cos bream and break are spelled similarly - still unsure what bream is though :huh2: :huh: :wave:

bream is a fish

Postby Roland

Are you calling me a fish?

Postby Roland

StalinESQ wrote:BUCKETS <laugh> rofl <laugh> rofl

.....and I thought my pool table was generous <laugh>

Believe me I wish I could have regular access to Star tables but you can only play on what you're given. It's funny really because the table I ended up on is standard for 99% of club tables yet when you compare them to what we see on tv the differences are pretty obvious, yet certain posters carry on like the tv tables have bucket pockets and nothing could be further from the truth.

If anyone knows of any Star tables in the Yorkshire region which are readily available then please say so because I'm dying to try them out.

Postby Rocket_ron

Sonny wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:BUCKETS <laugh> rofl <laugh> rofl

.....and I thought my pool table was generous <laugh>

Believe me I wish I could have regular access to Star tables but you can only play on what you're given. It's funny really because the table I ended up on is standard for 99% of club tables yet when you compare them to what we see on tv the differences are pretty obvious, yet certain posters carry on like the tv tables have bucket pockets and nothing could be further from the truth.

If anyone knows of any Star tables in the Yorkshire region which are readily available then please say so because I'm dying to try them out.

are club table pockets bigger than professional star tables?

Postby Roland

God yes! When you're lining up the pink to middle for example you can hardly see the pocket on the Stars they're that tight. Which is what makes Liang Wenbo even more :bowdown: for deliberately leaving a black to middle from its spot during the Shanghai Masters (and getting it). Decent cloths make it a lot easier to be more accurate though on decent tables so that compensates somewhat for the smaller pockets. You can stroke the ball easier and have more control of the white and be more confident the ball isn't going to roll off so it all adds up to same thing. I reckon an 80 break with no rattlers on the table I was playing on is worth a century on a decent pro table which is ironic really given the smaller pockets on the latter. A good cloth makes all the difference.

Postby Rocket_ron

Sonny wrote:God yes! When you're lining up the pink to middle for example you can hardly see the pocket on the Stars they're that tight. Which is what makes Liang Wenbo even more :bowdown: for deliberately leaving a black to middle from its spot during the Shanghai Masters (and getting it). Decent cloths make it a lot easier to be more accurate though on decent tables so that compensates somewhat for the smaller pockets. You can stroke the ball easier and have more control of the white and be more confident the ball isn't going to roll off so it all adds up to same thing. I reckon an 80 break with no rattlers on the table I was playing on is worth a century on a decent pro table which is ironic really given the smaller pockets on the latter. A good cloth makes all the difference.

thanks for that info. I would love to see you play on a star table

Postby Casey

Nice footage, you like to hit the white hard I see <ok>

Postby Smart

I thought you played at a decent lick and like casey said you seemed to really enjoy the thwack of hitting a few hard. Its a nice feeling. :idea:

Keep playing and why not get back into league play or pro/ams - you have a decent standard from those clips. <ok>

Postby Casey

StalinESQ wrote:I thought you played at a decent lick and like casey said you seemed to really enjoy the thwack of hitting a few hard. Its a nice feeling. :idea:

Keep playing and why not get back into league play or pro/ams - you have a decent standard from those clips. <ok>

Agreed, I reckon you could get on to a league team no probs, might want to slow down a bit though ;)

Postby Roland

Yeah I think it was two things really, I play faster during the line ups because the shots are easier and you know what shot you want to play before you've hit the previous shot, but also I was totally conscious that I was being filmed and if I decided to share the footage on the forum I didn't want people to get bored. It's stupid but it was going through my head. Obviously I'm naturally quick when I'm in the balls and the shots are there, but I also love a tactical game with deep thinking required. You all know I'm a huge fan of Williams and Selby so I guess playing the game like I do it stands to reason that those are the sort of players that get me going.

Anyway, I want to see footage of some of yous playing. I can stick them on our youtube page no problem although getting them to me first will have to be sorted i.e. best way to do it.

Postby Rocket_ron

Sonny wrote:Anyway, I want to see footage of some of yous playing. I can stick them on our youtube page no problem although getting them to me first will have to be sorted i.e. best way to do it.

Im crap

Postby The Cueist

<ok> sonny,i can see that you are a good player with a good cue action,You play at a good pace .

and nothing wrong with that, :D so do i. :D Do you find as i do with this fast style of play that you pot the difficult balls but miss the easy shots thinking of the next shot? :chin:

BTW ru going to Sheffeild on mon 19th april?

Let us know man. <ok>

Postby Roland

The Cueist wrote:Do you find as i do with this fast style of play that you pot the difficult balls but miss the easy shots thinking of the next shot? :chin:

BTW ru going to Sheffeild on mon 19th april?

Let us know man. <ok>

rofl ..... :santa:

Yes I'll be there Monday, you'll see me in the SI shirt.

Postby gallantrabbit

goog to see this Sonny. I nagged you about getting back to playing long ago. Good yto see you've done it. I was hitting lineups at lunchtime. Ten foot tables but out here it's the best I can do. At least I'm hitting the ball ok. Have never been filmed though. Good coaching method I'm sure.

Talking of Brazil, where I live, I see that Igor Figueiredo has been granted a wild card. Good move Hearny. At least there's some imagination being used there. Good out and out potter too, even caused Alfie Burden a few problems in the IBSF final <ok> A German fellow also got a card as well as Reanne Evans. All good.

Keep playing Sonny.

Postby Roland

I've learnt from watching the clips too. Today I was taking my time and introduced more of a smooth backswing and my game came on instantly. I'm now itching to get back playing again because my breakbuilding was coming very naturally with the new action. I guess spending the intervening years studying the professional game closely has helped my shot selection a lot too.

Postby randam05

This is me in a frame at home against brother...by the way the girl is my little sister who like to referee sometimes! Was lucky to get this on camera really cause i thought it would be cool to video some frames one day and then i get my highest break! Got to 76 as you will see and miss a black! gutted..and if I potted and carried on I would have cleared with 130 so i left all of it in. Havent got anywhere near to it since although I do get 50 breaks sometimes, would like to make it more frequent though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlTRMuamZbg

Also if you follow these links you will see my snooker trickshot videos..just a bit of fun with my brother.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwTMOT2QTBQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whxzEToi4Fs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI0g3SrleLU

Couldnt seem to get videos on here so gave you links instead. Enjoy!

Postby gallantrabbit

Good to watch Ramdam. Watching that I'm surprised 76 is your highest. You play some nice shots around the black and before long you'll be tonning it for sure!

Postby Smart

randam05 wrote:This is me in a frame at home against brother...by the way the girl is my little sister who like to referee sometimes! Was lucky to get this on camera really cause i thought it would be cool to video some frames one day and then i get my highest break! Got to 76 as you will see and miss a black! gutted..and if I potted and carried on I would have cleared with 130 so i left all of it in. Havent got anywhere near to it since although I do get 50 breaks sometimes, would like to make it more frequent though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlTRMuamZbg

Also if you follow these links you will see my snooker trickshot videos..just a bit of fun with my brother.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwTMOT2QTBQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whxzEToi4Fs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI0g3SrleLU

Couldnt seem to get videos on here so gave you links instead. Enjoy!

great long red to the green pocket, and a very nice break indeed <cool>

Postby randam05

'Watching that I'm surprised 76 is your highest.'

Im not suprised with the lack of confidence I have.

Postby randam05

oops :shy: feel silly now...sorry about that what an awful mistake! call me what you like :D

well 68 is my highest then!

Postby Roland

Gutted <laugh>

Ah well. I look forward to watching these clips when I'm not at work where Youtube is blocked.

Postby randam05

I get centuries in the line up but thats nothing cause balls are never lined up like that!

Hope you still enjoy the videos..lol.

Postby Roland

gallantrabbit wrote:Sonny you actually have time to work to??? ;)

Yeah it's really difficult trying to fit work in around the Island :redneck:

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

randam05 wrote:oops :shy: feel silly now...sorry about that what an awful mistake! call me what you like :D

well 68 is my highest then!

Not too worry, it must have been them strides you were wearing.

Your little sister who was reffing for you was wearing white gloves too I noticed. How nice.

My high breaks jumped from a 51 clearence to a 76 funny enough & when I got to 76, the fella that I was playing started singing a song call '76 trombones'. He'd obviously seen enough. :john:

Keep hitting them. <ok>

Postby Roland

I counted 61 :redneck:

Anyway, a very nice break, nice control, right shots played. Without a doubt you are capable of century breaks and they will come. One thing though, that's a 10ft table isn't it? It certainly looks smaller than a full size.