Post a reply

Re: Me practicing

Postby renniwevarb

Thanks for your compliments.
My practice seems to have paid off, this new cue action is slowly but surely becoming more stable and ingrained for me.
There is a team selection at a local snooker hall and I have taken part, in the process of playing best of 5 round robin matches. Last night I played my friend and lost 2-3, but it has been a long time since I lost and actually felt happy, because I played to my potential. Just need to stick with it and continue practicing.

Postby randam05

How do I get a video to appear on the actual thread form youtube? thanks,

randam05

Postby randam05

Just a video of some shots I found while looking through some frames I filmed a while back. Thought id put them together and show on here. Theres lots more but couldnt be bothered to edit the whole lot tonight. Will do another video if you like it sometime.

Enjoy..

Postby Witz78

randam05 wrote:Just a video of some shots I found while looking through some frames I filmed a while back. Thought id put them together and show on here. Theres lots more but couldnt be bothered to edit the whole lot tonight. Will do another video if you like it sometime.

Enjoy..

the brown to black clearance (1:20 - 2:00)

have u got superglue on the table, them cueballs seems to grind to a sudden halt rofl

Postby randam05

it was a very fast table when i had a new cloth fitted a year.5 ago, but when we moved and it got put back on it slowed right down. I suppose they didnt stretch it enough. But im used to it now.

Postby randam05

Ohh during the brown to black clearance?? haha no that would be cause its in fast forward!

Postby Witz78

ah right, that explains it.

Can sense you have a similar style of play to me actually, you seem quite aggressive and attacking too.

Postby randam05

I do like to play attacking but I am not usually very good at it in matches so tend to have a good safety game and play that more..depends on me opponent really.

You got any videos of yourself?

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

I finish up work for 2 weeks on Friday & I'm gonna be hitting them every day all day. Can't wait. :dance:

I was out practicing for 2.5 hours today, Thankfully. I done the line up for the first hour, hit breaks of 99, 116, 115 & 103, played frames on me own for the next hour, tying to play safe, & then for the last 30 mins, went back to the line upn & hit a 101. I didn't clear them at all, at all.

Considering its been about 5 months since I hit a ball last I was well pleased with how I seen them. Straight away I could see them.

I've comps starting next week-end, one on the 9th in Dublin & then the Over 40's comp on the 10th in Carlow.

Can I kick it?

We'll see.... :chin:

Postby gallantrabbit

John, I`m playing a bit more regularly now. Not a lot just regularly. Enough to keep the feel going. And it feels great. You know my situation over here 10ft table etc, but the buzz is nearly the same. I`m getting down on shots knowing they`re going in. I`m hitting mainly line ups, cos there aren`t that many decent cueman about when Ì manage to get into the club but I do want to start competing again. The buzz of competing is someting else, just love it. Maturity and age brings some elements that improve your game and I think I`m thinking better about the game and not relying as much on feel as in the past. Thinking about it I get a little frustrated because if I`d had this head on me 20 years ago I could maybe have kicked on more, made the odd quarter in pro-ams to really spur me on to better things. Still you do the best with what you`ve got. My youngest is nearly a year and I`ll have to wait a little more before I can get some serious practice in but then I`ll be buzzing around Sao Paulo looking for more games.
Head down mate and good luck in the comps ;)

Postby Roland

Yesterday I went to the local club for a couple of hours and I even impressed myself. I started off slow, then moved onto line ups (3 between black and cushion, 4 between black and pink, 8 between pink and blue) and a few minutes later something clicked and I was away. Couldn't miss. Every line up I was getting to at least 60, highest was a 113 which ended on the green and then went onto frames and had 4 breaks over 50 in 4 frames. It felt good.

Postby Eirebilly

Sometimes you just get into that groove Sonny and its almost impossible to stop playing, then the next day that groove just dissappears :sad: . Hope it doesnt for you though.

Postby Roland

Well I've only been steadily going to the club about once or twice a month and I've been improving each time. Yesterday was the first time I felt like I used to feel, like everything I looked at was going in the hole and there were so many balls to pot I was getting distracted because I fancied getting everything and my positional play suffered because of it. But it was a nice feeling. I think generous pockets might have helped, but once the confidence was up I wasn't touching the sides of the pockets.

Postby gallantrabbit

Does make a difference when you've something to play for and now I have!! The Brazilian masters!! Ok probably won't get near but nice to have something to buzz off for a while.

Postby Eirebilly

I consider myself to be very lucky to have a full sized snooker table at home and trust me when i say that its hard to remove me from it when i am in the groove. It doesnt happen that often but when it does i cant be torn away. As for the positional play, well sometimes it just doesnt matter when your in such a groove and potting them from everywhere. Its such a great feeling, i am almost happy that it doesnt happen so often as its a special feeling when it does.

Postby Eirebilly

O and Gallant, good luck my friend. I hope you do well.

Postby gallantrabbit

Thanks Billy. Don't even know the qualy arrangements yet but will be loking out and meanwhile negotiating some snooker pass time when I can't get in the club during the day. It is nice to have something worth aiming at, and the chance to get the buzz going.

Postby Eirebilly

Well i wish you the best gallant and please keep us informed of your progress. I hope that you, your wife and kids are well there as well.

Same as billy gallant. Go well. <ok>

Postby gallantrabbit

Nice one you fellows. Have probably a good few months till qualifying but then I need it ;)

Postby Roland

I had a knock about yesterday for the first time this year and in an hour and a half I had a 64 (8 reds and blacks, missed long yellow), a 56 and a 50 as well as numerous 30s and 40s. The table was really slow, one of the slowest I've played on for years but the pockets were big enough to make up for it. I'm going in for a competition 2nd weekend in February which will be the first competitive snooker I've played for about 5 years.

The guys on the next table (4 of them, playing doubles) were asking me what my highest break is and how often I play etc etc which was flattering because it reminded me I can play this game to a fairly decent standard. Also it's nice to know I can pick up my cue after weeks away and pretty much play myself into some sort of form within a couple of frames. I was rubbish in the first frame but the 64 came in frame 2.

Postby Roland

Yeah in York. I've no idea of the standard I'll face but there are quite a few names down. It'll be nice to be one of those who no one has heard of, slip a few radars. I'm in it to win it but see how it goes, early rounds are only 1 frame and anything can happen if the balls go safe. If I do ok I'll maybe think about venturing out to Leeds and the Northern Snooker Centre and play a few pro-ams.

Postby simplysnooker

Me and a few mates have started up our own League between us, best of 4 frames, so could be 3-1, 2-2 or 4-0. Went 2-0 up but then buggered it, finished 2-2. Highest break.............. 8 :O

Postby Roland

red yellow red yellow two reds?

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:Yeah in York. I've no idea of the standard I'll face but there are quite a few names down. It'll be nice to be one of those who no one has heard of, slip a few radars. I'm in it to win it but see how it goes, early rounds are only 1 frame and anything can happen if the balls go safe. If I do ok I'll maybe think about venturing out to Leeds and the Northern Snooker Centre and play a few pro-ams.

<ok> <ok>

sounds good